Teams New England Patriots - The Pats

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspect run D today but outside of that and as expected, total domination of the Tannehills. Should be a big, big one against Buffalo.

Agreed. Suspect margin or even result would’ve been different if Henry played….let alone AJ Brown or JJ.

We did what was expected, beating a good side severely undermanned. We’ll know where we’re at next week.

Kinda shocked how well Bourne has come along. When we picked him up he seemed more like a speed guy who you would run set plays for (WR screens, reverses, jet sweeps etc.), but he's a genuine top tier receiver.

Suspect run D today but outside of that and as expected, total domination of the Tannehills. Should be a big, big one against Buffalo.
I'm not even sure if the run D is that big of an issue? Looked like we just stayed in nickel most of the day, but when push came to shove (red zone) we held firm.

Further to this, Belichick is now 4-1 when teams rush 250+ yards...

Last edited:
Kinda shocked how well Bourne has come along. When we picked him up he seemed more like a speed guy who you would run set plays for (WR screens, reverses, jet sweeps etc.), but he's a genuine top tier receiver.

I'm not even sure if the run D is that big of an issue? Looked like we just stayed in nickel most of the day, but when push came to shove (red zone) we held firm.

Further to this, Belichick is now 4-1 when teams rush 250+ yards...
Yeah, I'm reasonably certain the plan was to allow them the run game luxury which is strange given I would have thought the opposite but that's why BB has rings and we're fans.

Pats were playing a lot of 2 high today, not the usual 1 man and cover 3

Seems like they were kind of letting the Titans run it

Games like this you just thank god Bill is calling the shots. Would love to hear the rationale on having Harry back on punt return, after never doing it before, but otherwise this was a genius gameplan.

The bye comes in a great spot and hopefully the injuries aren't too bad, although it seems Phillips has done an ACL.

#1 babay

Good win as the season tracks on nicely.

MJ10 looking like a very good get, can only thank Shannahan for passing on Mac

The Post Brady Era is looking like it’s in very safe hands.

I'd be very concerned if I were Buffalo. 10 and 11 man boxes and they still couldn't stop the Patriots running game. By player advantage alone, they should have been able to throttle the Pats run game but they couldn't. Their D is built to get up field and pass rush thus their issues with physical teams. Given the conditions, I can't for the life of me work out why they didn't design more runs for Allen.

Well called game by the Pats with obviously, a little luck our way. Would have preferred Josh let Mac throw in the Red Zone but it seemed obvious the Pats were shortening the game and denying Buffalo possessions. No idea why N'Keal was fielding a punt because misfortune seems to follow him around but for the most part, a well-executed gameplan and some well deserved rest for the AFC's #1 seed heading into a match up with a very physical Indy front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be very concerned if I were Buffalo. 10 and 11 man boxes and they still couldn't stop the Patriots running game. By player advantage alone, they should have been able to throttle the Pats run game but they couldn't. Their D is built to get up field and pass rush thus their issues with physical teams. Given the conditions, I can't for the life of me work out why they didn't design more runs for Allen.
Not only could they not stop the run, it was genuinely the same handful of run plays time after time. It wasn't until the fourth quarter Milano blew up those trap runs on back to back plays.

Granted we used 1/100th of the playbook but I felt Buffalo was the better team. This game come down to gameplan and coaching, and McDermott got dunked on.

Not only could they not stop the run, it was genuinely the same handful of run plays time after time. It wasn't until the fourth quarter Milano blew up those trap runs on back to back plays.

Granted we used 1/100th of the playbook but I felt Buffalo was the better team. This game come down to gameplan and coaching, and McDermott got dunked on.
I'm the opposite, I didn't feel Buffalo was the better team, at all. The Patriots did what they had to do to win in the conditions. I do have queries about not letting Mac throw especially in the RZ but ultimately, the result proved BB right. Josh Allen tried to throw pick 6s we simply missed them.

If Buffalo couldn't stop the run with stacked boxes, they're in for a difficult time in Foxboro. I've said it before but they're the Manning Colts. Wonderful, downhill skiers when playing on their terms, one dimensional and bereft of ideas when not. With a few tweaks to their roster, they could become a monstrous team but that requires a philosophical change.

Stephon Gilmore opens up about Patriots’ handling of his injury

Posted by Mike Florio on December 6, 2021, 7:24 PM EST

The sudden hiring of Panthers offensive coordinator Joe Brady wasn’t the only item of news that came from Carolina on Sunday, the team’s bye. Cornerback Stephon Gilmore, traded to the Panthers by the Patriots earlier this year, opened up about concerns regarding his final months in New England in an interview with Joseph Person of TheAthletic.com that was published on Sunday.

“When you return to play, you want to rehab back to return to play,” Gilmore said regarding the manner in which the Patriots, in his view, mishandled his quad injury. “But I felt like they were doing more workouts than rehab, more working out like someone [who] was 100 percent healthy and in the offseason program. But I was rehabbing, coming back from surgery. So that’s different. I think you should take steps to come back and play. . . . It was just making me do all types of running and lifting way more than I was supposed to. I’m just happy everything — I feel like God puts you in position to be in a better place. They handled it right here, and I’m on the right track. I feel good, better and better every week. And I feel more confident.”

Although Gilmore’s uncertain contract status (and the inability of player and team to work out a new deal) seemed to be a major issue in the events that led to the trade, it sounds as if the rehab drove a wedge, too.

“I didn’t show up there over the summer, so I was on the right track,” Gilmore said. “And then I show up there and start on all the unnecessary stuff. Like, right before I got traded, I ran like 3,000 yards in three days. Like a real workout. It’s like, why would you do all that right before you trade me? You don’t do that. Let me do it my way. I don’t know if they were trying to test [the leg] and see, I don’t know. I’m not the type of guy that says, ‘Oh, I don’t want to do that.’ I work hard. I do my stuff. I just think that wasn’t right.”

It’s rare to hear that kind of candor from a current or former Patriots player. Still, don’t expect coach Bill Belichick if have anything to say about Gilmore’s comments, if/when he’s asked about them.

Rough night. Gift 10 points on special teams and lose by... 10 points.

Thought the D played well but the Colts D was flying across the field in the first half. Bad pick in the RZ and a heap of penalties cost us big time. Nice to fight back but too little too late.

Can't afford any slip ups down the stretch now.

Glass half full after today.

As bad as Mac was in the first 3qtrs, I loved how he put it behind him & put us into a position to win, up until Taylor gashed us for the winner. We were beaten by the MVP today pure & simple.

Cut out the uncharacteristic penalties, get Harris back & we’ll be cooking again. We won’t be losing again before playoffs.

Not that it would have changed the result but I thought the officiating crew left a lot of helmet to helmet flags out there. Agholor and Harry both left the game with head injuries, and there was a third player hit (but can't remember who). The safety Sandejo being the main offender.

The broadcast crew mentioned BB lost his sh*t in the last quarter after a no-call, but I hope it's something we get an explanation on, especially if Agholor and Harry don't clear protocol.

Glass half full after today.

As bad as Mac was in the first 3qtrs, I loved how he put it behind him & put us into a position to win, up until Taylor gashed us for the winner. We were beaten by the MVP today pure & simple.

Cut out the uncharacteristic penalties, get Harris back & we’ll be cooking again. We won’t be losing again before playoffs.
In a somewhat philosophical take, I haven't seen the Colts play that well in years and it's a credit to them to have controlled the LoS for effectively, three quarters however, Mac showed us all in the fourth why he has an incredibly bright future. Outside of a few plays here and there, the Pats worked themselves back into a game they were thoroughly outplayed in and combined with some questionable calls and a bucketload of uncalled holds on the Colts OL, the fighting spirit on display was good.

I was fairly annoyed with the Taylor TD to end the game but honestly, I think the D was gassed and too easily moved off the LoS.

Thought the Colts were disappointing IMO.

In what is a poor matchup for NE, and a game where they had a nightmarish ST game by their standards, they only gave up 20 points in the first 59 minutes.

Colts dominated the line but they wouldn't get that advantage if the crowd noise was the other way.

Basically everything was in the Colts' favour and they still didn't put the game away.

If it was the same matchup in the playoffs, in New England, and the Colts play like that again they will get run out of the building.

Thought the Colts were disappointing IMO.

In what is a poor matchup for NE, and a game where they had a nightmarish ST game by their standards, they only gave up 20 points in the first 59 minutes.

Colts dominated the line but they wouldn't get that advantage if the crowd noise was the other way.

Basically everything was in the Colts' favour and they still didn't put the game away.

If it was the same matchup in the playoffs, in New England, and the Colts play like that again they will get run out of the building.
Carson Wentz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back