New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

not sure if good or bad. thoughts?

Dislike. Their IC title has great history and despite the N.E.V.E.R. Openweight Belt now being elevated and more heavily featured it still feels like talent not in the main event scene and on the way up (or down temporarily) have nowhere to go.

Dislike. Their IC title has great history and despite the N.E.V.E.R. Openweight Belt now being elevated and more heavily featured it still feels like talent not in the main event scene and on the way up (or down temporarily) have nowhere to go.

Does it? I suspect part of the reason they're getting rid of it is that it doesn't have that significant a history.

1. 5 (6?) years after he left, it's still the "Nakamura belt", which doesn't say much for anyone else who has held it.
2. It main evented WK, which was admittedly significant.
3. The whole thing has been a bit pointless since Naito was doing the trash the belt gimmick, because even when Tana was the guy that took it off him they didn't really work that hard to rehab the belt. And then when ignored all of that history when Naito unified the titles it rendered the IC title useless. I think I've alluded to it before, but the time to get rid of that belt was a year ago when Naito won them both at WK - the fact that he went from being voted out of the main event of WK, to that trash the belt gimmick, to winning both the belts at WK last year. They should've paid off a long term storyline and have him literally blow up that belt at NY Dash last year.

not sure if good or bad. thoughts?
I guess the US title is their main midcard title? With The Never Openweight title probs being elevated a bit with Tanahashi holding it.

Will Ospreay wins the New Japan Cup. What a talent he is. In 1 spot he got clotheslined and managed to do a full backflip and land on his feet and turn it into an Oscutter.

He then says being world champ means more to him than anything, or anyone, and he then gave a cutter to Bea Priestley! wtf?

Once again they go the completely tone-deaf route despite having made it clear in recent years that the see their next phase of growth in the west.

Then you go out of your way to antagonise those fans?

* Ospreay and * New Japan.

I remembered to unsubscribe this time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ext_eNXW8Akn7Fg

new design

Will Ospreay wins the New Japan Cup. What a talent he is. In 1 spot he got clotheslined and managed to do a full backflip and land on his feet and turn it into an Oscutter.

He then says being world champ means more to him than anything, or anyone, and he then gave a cutter to Bea Priestley! wtf?

Why make a New Championship just for that Champion to Drop it as his Defense?

Why make a New Championship just for that Champion to Drop it as his Defense?
I've just found out that according to wiki the new world title has a separate title history.

Will Ospreay wins the IWGP World Title. Also Henare has been repacked and joins The United Empire.

Was just thinking how much better the group could be the other day if it was Henare in rather than the old Oka so don't mind this although still have no time for Kahn at all.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back