News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 had no orange.

Be interesting to see what Collingwood think of this, black and white V strip with no teal
Was there Orange in the Carlton clash this year? Didn’t notice it if there was.
IMO I thought Port’s white clash was one of the best going around, not a fan of grey/silver guernsey’s in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not this years one, but the one that was leaked on here and eventually scrapped.
I like the white one more personally, but I don’t hate the silver one. A couple tweaks (black collar/cuffs, white number panel) and it’s perfect.
As for Collingwood, they can GAGF and if they have any issues with it and if the league rules in their favour that’s clear cut proof that the league favours them. Not a good look indeed. Hopefully this is the first step to wearing the PB’s full time.

It is their team colour, at least..
And technically grey is Carlton's too (it's in our logo) but grey is recognised in Port's song.

At least is stretching it, Port’s grey clash is ugly especially when their white clash was one of the best in the league.
Yellow is also one of the Crows colours. I liked the concept but it didn’t translate into a good alternate guernsey in 2016/17 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I still don't mind the idea of Port wearing a silver clash jumper. Even if it didn't look good this year.
I think they just need to go a couple of shades lighter and they should add the white number panel to the design.

People forget that Carlton had a light grey jumper last year and no one complained until they made it too dark.
CarltonClashGuernseyArticle.jpg

People forget that Carlton had a light grey jumper last year and no one complained until they made it too dark.
CarltonClashGuernseyArticle.jpg

Probably because the light grey actually looked pretty good. And the look they were going for wasn't 'wolf grey' like this years

That artwork would have been supplied by ISC which is also what the West Coast team store uses so I’m expecting that’s what we’ll see on the 2019 guernsey. Curiously, when you look up the 2019 clash it is the same as 2018 - so either they’ve just used the 2018 artwork or they’re keeping the burger logo on the clash...???

If the ISC artwork was blank though, then it’s likely someone’s just said, go grab a hungry jacks logo and whack it on, and this is what someone in charge of the graphics at AFL shop has done. Why would HJs go back to the generic text after having the red box around the burger for the whole season, and using that logo in all their advertising?? Maybe I’m just trying to convince myself that that image can’t be real because of how s**t it looks!!! Plus no gold AFL logo, so might just be a really rushed mock up

If the ISC artwork was blank though, then it’s likely someone’s just said, go grab a hungry jacks logo and whack it on, and this is what someone in charge of the graphics at AFL shop has done. Why would HJs go back to the generic text after having the red box around the burger for the whole season, and using that logo in all their advertising?? Maybe I’m just trying to convince myself that that image can’t be real because of how s**t it looks!!! Plus no gold AFL logo, so might just be a really rushed mock up

No chance that anyone from the AFL shop would alter a supplied manufacturer's image. Also you'll notice that the HJ logo curves with the contours of the chest, so that's a fair bit of effort and detail required if someone whacked the logo on after the art was done.

As for why HJ made the change...no idea! I agree it looks worse. If I put my tinfoil hat on it might be a conspiracy so that there is no retail guernseys which could be used as 2018 'away' guernseys when framed and sold as dodgy memorabilia pieces - keep the official 2018 Hungry-Jack's-on-the-front memorabilia pieces exclusive and prices up.

I wonder who is gonna do carlton’s merch in 2020. My bet is isc, but puma like to get big clubs while theyre s**t (richmond in 2016) on long term contracts for unders :D

reckon isc, puma , adidas all a chance. surely puma and adidas want a second club. even maybe an asics or something

Ok my next theory regarding the hungry jacks debacle. ISC hasn’t released the official 2019 artwork so the AFL store has used the 2018 one (no gold AFL logo) and because the old SGIo logo protruded so far out of the wing, they couldn’t put the normal HJs burger over it because it wouldn’t cover it, and this was the only hungry jacks thing they could find that would fully cover the old SGIO logo?

Have they always had the “we fly as one” on the inside?
Yes.
Ok my next theory regarding the hungry jacks debacle. ISC hasn’t released the official 2019 artwork so the AFL store has used the 2018 one (no gold AFL logo) and because the old SGIo logo protruded so far out of the wing, they couldn’t put the normal HJs burger over it because it wouldn’t cover it, and this was the only hungry jacks thing they could find that would fully cover the old SGIO logo?
The AFL Store has the blank front guernsey designs though.. There's nothing to cover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting choice for Port to move to a silver clash. I hadn’t thought it was all that popular at all with their fans but there you go. Still reckon having teal as an alternate would be a good option. Better contrast against Collingwood than the white.

In any case, I can’t see any time when they’d be able to wear black shorts with the silver jumper, considering the whole point is to avoid clashes with black.

Interesting choice for Port to move to a silver clash. I hadn’t thought it was all that popular at all with their fans but there you go. Still reckon having teal as an alternate would be a good option. Better contrast against Collingwood than the white.

In any case, I can’t see any time when they’d be able to wear black shorts with the silver jumper, considering the whole point is to avoid clashes with black.

Only time I could think would be away to Geelong, but in the scenario, the home jumper with black shorts would suffice.

Only time I could think would be away to Geelong, but in the scenario, the home jumper with black shorts would suffice.

Yeah thats my point. Off the top of my head, Port would wear their clash against:

Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon
Fremantle
Melbourne
Richmond
St Kilda

I can’t see them being allowed to wear black shorts against any of those opponents. The other option would be for the silver to be a flat out away jumper, which would allow them to wear black shorts against teams in red or royal, but the article states they will wear their home jumper in as many away games as possible, so thats not likely.

Not sure if it was mentioned here but there was a post on the Carlton board a few weeks ago that said its down to isc and puma for their new manufacturer (2020)

lets see if carlton go with isc who will for sure offer more $$$ or take less and go with Puma. their ceo is ex Richmond and would have good connections at Puma too

I'm not following what you are saying. The Hungry Jack's has clearly been put on as part of the design (since it curves with the chest). Couldn't ISC have just sent updated artwork to the AFL store?

If it came updated from ISC though, wouldn’t they have also changed the AFL logo to gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back