Shazza_

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2018
Safeway carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Obviously the surface at Perth Stadium is not up to scratch at the moment but leaving that out which is a better more impressive stadium ?

I went to the Adelaide Oval for the first time since the redevelopment for our game v the Power this year and I didn't think it was anything special compared to other stadium I have been to ie. Gabba, SCG, ANZ, Etihad, MCG.

It depends on what you are looking for in a stadium, I don't eat or drink at the game so I go for the atmosphere and IMO nothing can beat your home ground with a full crowd and your team up and going eg. the Lions at the Gabba between 2000-2005.

The AO has a hill so it has to be the AO, nothing beats a hill with grass on it.
I prefer my hills without grass.

Have only been to Adelaide oval out of the two and it has a great carnival atmosphere to it when on the hill.

Watched a WA tourism show which was showing off the new WA stadium, from that show the stadium has by far the best facilities of any stadium in Australia with fantastic viewing.

Haven't been there but I'd go with Perth stadium.

cant wait to go and see the perth stadium. looks amazing, but so it should being a brand new stadium from scratch.
People have to remember adelaide oval was redeveloped and wanted to retain the old feel / suburb feel with the hill. Plus not covering the church and trees in the back ground.
so to me this is comparing apples to oranges

Been to both. Very similar when walking around the ground.

I would like to go to optus stadium during a derby or final. But from what ive seen, Adelaide oval is the much louder stadium.

I went to the Adelaide Oval for the first time since the redevelopment for our game v the Power this year and I didn't think it was anything special compared to other stadium I have been to ie. Gabba, SCG, ANZ, Etihad, MCG.

It depends on what you are looking for in a stadium, I don't eat or drink at the game so I go for the atmosphere and IMO nothing can beat your home ground with a full crowd and your team up and going eg. the Lions at the Gabba between 2000-2005.

Back