News All Hail our new Emperor - Mark Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

be interesting to know why - personality? unclear job definition? lack of support? interference? IMO they are 2 different skill sets. Bet every club sets it up a bit differently
We just went through an thorough review and acted on that recommendation.

The HS today reports "Ex-Victorian major events chief Brendan McClements is a lead candidate to win the Collingwood role, currently filled by interim CEO Peter Murphy.". Who is Brendan McClements?

Check my post of 29July.
(I would re post it here but don’t know how, sorry, I’m techno moron)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have already named a new CEO, and he is an ex Collingwood employee: Justin Reeves.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/ha...o/news-story/4d2b997637f0ea84f8b7efce72b35ce6
They don't muck around at Hawthorn, quick sacking, quick hiring. I'm glad we're going through proper process this time though, it's a nice change.

Info on Reeves' Collingwood roles: https://au.linkedin.com/in/justin-reeves-4089882b

• Director of Commercial Operations
    Collingwood Football Club
    June 2011 – March 2015 (3 years 10 months)
    In my role as Director of Commercial Operations at Collingwood I was reporting directly to the CEO overseeing and leading all aspects of the club’s revenue streams and departments including Sales, Sponsorship, New Business, Membership, Merchandise, Events, Broadcast, Digital and Social Media and Information Technology.

I worked closely with all areas of our club to provide senior management support with a dedicated focus on delivering favourable financial outcomes and efficiencies. I was leading a very talented team of 48 staff across a wide range of departments and outcomes.

• General Manager - Supporter Services
    April 2010 – June 2011 (1 year 3 months)

• Director of Membership & IT
    February 2008 – May 2010 (2 years 4 months)

• Telstra Relationship Manager
    Foxtel
    March 2006 – February 2008 (2 years)
  • National Support Manager
    FOXTEL
    January 2001 – February 2008 (7 years 2 months)

Could someone please tell me how we signed Dermie? I was too young then and I’ve always wondered... gracias :)
No one else wanted him. He'd already been let go by hawks after they'd paid him next to nothing his whole career, then Sydney gave him a much better offer. He cashed in there for one season, then came to us for one more on his last legs. The comment above is sarcastic...

Last edited:
No one else wanted him. He'd already been let go by hawks after they'd paid him next to nothing his whole career, then Sydney gave him a much offer. He cashed in there for one season, then came to us for one more on his last legs. The comment above is sarcastic...
Thankyou sir! He was with essendon aswell iirc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back