News All Hail our new Emperor - Mark Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

you sound quite passionate - fine. But there's a bit of hyperbole going on here.

1. Ed didn't "drag himself up in the back streets" of Broady. His family lived there and stayed together as a family unit. He did not attend secondary school in Broady - CBC in St Kilda if I'm correct.

2. Which business? His media role or Cwood?

3. no one has ever suggested Ed has committed a crime - who he employs in his media role is his business. People have criticised him for his appts to CWood - eg. Pert, Allan - specifically the apparent lack of process. I think these criticisms have been borne out by what Murphy seems to have put in place.

4. What do you mean by outsourcing to India in this context?

5. Name calling - "bitter resentlful maggots" doesn't strengthen your argument - it actually weakens it.

Nobody denies or resents Ed's successful media career. Legitimate questions have been raised about his performance as president over the past few years. If he is part of turning the club around - FANTASTIC!

Please, she's been after him for years, same with Brayshaw, she's a bitter twisted hack that never admits when she's wrong and abuses her position of power to target those she attacks for whatever perceived personal slight, she's an insecure loser that hides behind her gender when the going gets tough like she did when the entire industry turned on her for her childish and churlish attacks on Brayshaw... she's an indefensible gutter snipe barely better than that drunk Robinson

And has she ever written about actual football? I don't mean the gossip behind football, I mean actual football... any agony Aunt could do her job and with less spite to boot

And St Kilda instead of Broady eh... not sure that helped your argument ;)

Last edited:

Ed's not going anywhere for the next two years at least. Given the changes happening now, I'm pretty confident he will be re-elected for a further three years. The man is a Collingwood legend.
So was Tony Shaw.
You are right though. Eddie isn't going anywhere.

So Eddie Everywhere knows everyone and it's a crime if he employs them? By that logic he'd have to outsource to India
It isn't about who, it's about how. Eddie has appointed every coach, CEO and board member this century. It doesn't matter what his past relationship was but it does matter how he operates in appointing them.

He turned around the club when we were on the brink. He will do it again.

Jmac, not denying what Eddie did for us in 1999, and was able to sustain over a long period, including the rocky road leading up to the flag.

But some of the decisions made by the club in the last 6-7 years, coupled with his public gaffes and missteps, have undermined confidence and trust in Eddie, and called his judgment into question. Can he turn it around?

It isn't about who, it's about how. Eddie has appointed every coach, CEO and board member this century. It doesn't matter what his past relationship was but it does matter how he operates in appointing them.
He knows everyone, he's friends with everyone and I'm still drunk from the last flag he delivered!

Amen brother! you don't get rid of a premium brand for a Coles no name version
Even if they are the same thing at times but with different labelling?

You do know Coles has to source the same stuff?

Even if they are the same thing at times but with different labelling?

You do know Coles has to source the same stuff?
Ahh that's where they get you, yes it may be from the same company but it's not their premium stock, you get the off cuts, the stuff that doesn't pass muster for the name label

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh that's where they get you, yes it may be from the same company but it's not their premium stock, you get the off cuts, the stuff that doesn't pass muster for the name label
You do have a point.
Though I sneakily suggest that the "better" companies chuck in quite a bit of off uts too.

But you do make a very valid point.

Jmac, not denying what Eddie did for us in 1999, and was able to sustain over a long period, including the rocky road leading up to the flag.

But some of the decisions made by the club in the last 6-7 years, coupled with his public gaffes and missteps, have undermined confidence and trust in Eddie, and called his judgment into question. Can he turn it around?
Most certainly he can.

Eddie is so far ahead of you that he's working with Elon Musk to have his consciousness uploaded into Buckley's brain to make the transition from coach to president

I agree but he was still sacked. Collingwood legend status is not a free pass forever.

Not sure anybody has ever actually suggested it is, other than the anti-Buckley campaigners suggesting that pro-Buckley crowd think that way. Last time I checked, prescribing a view as someone else's doesn't actually make it so. Either way, Shaw's sacking does nothing to diminish his standing at the club. Neither does his inept media work.

Last edited:
Not sure anybody has ever actually suggested it is, other than the anti-Buckley campaigners suggesting that pro-Buckley crowd think that way. Last time I checked, prescribing a view as someone else's does actually make it so. Either way, Shaw's sacking does nothing to diminish his standing at the club. Neither does his inept media work.
I could show a truck load of posts that suggest other wise (which I disagree with)

I wish Eddie did pick his mates

Graham Wright recruiting star for Hawks

Monkhorst the ruck coach down there

Not nearly enough nepotism from Ed

I could show a truck load of posts that suggest other wise (which I disagree with)

There's a truckload of posts out there suggesting that being a club legend gives you a free pass for ever.... well there you go.

I wish Eddie did pick his mates

Graham Wright recruiting star for Hawks. Monkhorst the ruck coach down there. Not nearly enough nepotism from Ed

On Hawks website Wrighty is listed as recruiting AND list manager. Other clubs insist the role are separate. Obviously the 2 functions are related / overlap. Should it be combined or separate?

On Hawks website Wrighty is listed as recruiting AND list manager. Other clubs insist the role are separate. Obviously the 2 functions are related / overlap. Should it be combined or separate?
We tried combining it. Didn't work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back