Next Generation academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it does as that is potentially another pathway into our NGA.
Oh I get you. It doesn't matter if he's from the SE, if he was born overseas.

It does matter which zone he's from, if he's indigenous.

Commas are my friend!

Obviously good news that Edwards has been named, considering Tyson had said himself directly that they 'wouldn't be going down the Academy route with Luke, the same way that had with Jackson'. Kind of puts that one to bed, right?

Obviously good news that Edwards has been named, considering Tyson had said himself directly that they 'wouldn't be going down the Academy route with Luke, the same way that had with Jackson'. Kind of puts that one to bed, right?
Not completely - boths Edwardses & AFC have to submit FS nomination before the next draft and Edwards could in theory not go ahead with it but perhaps it looks more promising than a few months ago.

Last edited:

Not completely - boths Edwardses & AFC have to submit FS nomination before the next draft and Edwards could in theory not go ahead with it but perhaps it looks more promising than a few months ago.
Na, it will base on his talent he expected to be a top Pick the family will go with the FS.
What mom wants there Kid to move away from home at 18.

So looking at the crows academies lists, I have a question.

I know a number of the U14-15 boys and I know their family background. They are from 'aligned' SANFL clubs, but we have no claims over them at all (not FS, Not next gen etc...) So my question is - why bother? What do we get out of developing these kids??

I know a number of the U14-15 boys and I know their family background. They are from 'aligned' SANFL clubs, but we have no claims over them at all (not FS, Not next gen etc...) So my question is - why bother? What do we get out of developing these kids??
Increasing the pool of draftable players from SA, whom we could draft with a minimal "go-home" risk factor? At present, with the SANFL clubs in charge of development, the number of draftable SA players is obscenely low. This is part of the reason why only around 25% of Adelaide's players are originally from SA.

Also just basic numbers. Trying to run teamwork drills or have games against other teams with only eligible players doesn't work.

Last edited:
Increasing the pool of draftable players from SA, whom we could draft with a minimal "go-home" risk factor? At present, with the SANFL clubs in charge of development, the number of draftable SA players is obscenely low. This is part of the reason why only around 25% of Adelaide's players are originally from SA.
I guess that makes sense. Obviously not true for all, but the development from SANFL clubs is very poor.
I assume we get money from the AFL to run this sort of program.

Oh I get you. It doesn't matter if he's from the SE, if he was born overseas.

It does matter which zone he's from, if he's indigenous.

Commas are my friend!

And we'd have metro indigenous lads providing they were born overseas.

Like, I get why the AFL hamstrung us, Port, WCE and Freo from metro zones for indigineous players as you could build a very powerful side off that access, still though, it sucks.

What the hell? Kid has speed, agility and skills. Looks a gun.

I swear I've read posters down playing him here, did I imagine that?
491853_235e187bec7f162e21a64b9ca4822a67.gif
Get with the programme, man! We need to tone it down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell? Kid has speed, agility and skills. Looks a gun.

I swear I've read posters down playing him here, did I imagine that?
I think you did because I'm not sure what they could base it on, he was a virtual unknown.

A fair idea how promising he was he represented Pt Agusta as a 16 year old against Port Pirie in the Spencer Gulf Football League U21 curtain raiser to the JLT Showdown played in Port Pirie in March 2019.

Port Augusta: Connor McMillan, Stephen Anderson, Trent Ritter, Luke Dawson, Jake McKenna, Zane Sard, Kye Davies, Kayden Bejah, Jackson Nance, Ross Thomas, Charlie Ryan (Captain), Stefan Horner, Patrick Mardon, Jack Fraser, Paul Glass, Sharmbaye Besant-Wilton, Harry Holland (Captain), Tariek Newchurch, Arthur Brady, Mitchell French, Caleb Williams, Toby Blinman, Aiden Fry, Dan Press, Lucas Rowe. Coach: Ryan Struck. Runner: Duane Von Senden.

I wonder why another Port Augusta indigenous lad Isaac Keeler isn't eligible for our Academy as I take it it's our zone, very talented athletic tall forward from what I've heard on the grapevine following a similar pathway to Newchurch schooling in Adelaide and playing for the Roosters U16's.

I wonder why another Port Augusta indigenous lad Isaac Keeler isn't eligible for our Academy as I take it it's our zone, very talented athletic tall forward from what I've heard on the grapevine following a similar pathway to Newchurch schooling in Adelaide and playing for the Roosters U16's.
IMG_20200626_230322.jpg
Followed by crows academies insta page so possibly he is NGA.

The 2020 Crows Academies Squad have been released

Boys Acceleration Squad (16-18 yo)

Leek Aleer
Luke Edwards F/S
James Borlase
Sung Ok
Tariek Newchurch
Aiden Holland
Kynen Adams
Lam Simon
Diing Akur
Kobe Wilson
Isaiah Dudley
Blayne O'Loughlin
Jacob Lochowiak
Jaiya Warrior
Brandon Jackson Martin
Lowan Welch
Mani Welch
Aaron Zerk
Jaiden Dennie Richards
Thomas Byun
Foster Mesecke
Callan McKenzie
Isaac Keeler
Ayden Pribanic
Jay Warrior
Ethan Walker
Bohdi Simms
Dante Edwards
Declan Edwards
Cooper Huish
Dale Miller

Boys Elite Talent Squad (14-15 yo)
Izayah Kean
Jed Grabia
Ashton Moir
Bowen Payne
Eli Redman
Bodie Ryan
Benjamin Ridgway
Brock Summerhayes
Lochlan Thiele
Joseph Judd
Thomas McKay
Jed Dignan
Jack Dundon
Luke Harvey
Kane McCaulife
Angus Tully
Dante Edwards
Khantrelle Fielding
Dylan McLachlan
Mackenzie Boxall
Toby Turner
Lachlan Boscence
Kobe McEntee
Lachlan Murphy
George Pope
Loch Rawlinson
Jarrell Sampson
Luca Slade
Angus van de Berg
Waylon Casey
Callum Hart
Mutineer he is in here..

How does our academy work? We have rights to these players but just have to match them with points if another team bids? That highlight package looks great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back