NFNL Div 3 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it rubbish, everyone here is saying how well they went, but anyways there are people on here who want Lalor to fold, but will be around for a long time and a Deer Park Dynasty awaits when the money starts to flow from the organisation next door to Lalor FCa helps

A good flow of money help but money flow eventually drys up .You need to build a strong junior program so you have some talent at every level that will then stay around and become 1 point senior players allowing you to import a few higher point players to fill gaps in your side this also brings in dollars for the club and builds a club that people want to be a round

A good flow of money help but money flow eventually drys up .You need to build a strong junior program so you have some talent at every level that will then stay around and become 1 point senior players allowing you to import a few higher point players to fill gaps in your side this also brings in dollars for the club and builds a club that people want to be a round
Sounds like a plan but not easy to do thesedays especially with FA help streaming down from AFL Vic to promote local footy in difficult areas.

So from 1 game the consensus seems to be;

• Epping can't win the flag because they didn't win by enough
  • Lalor didn't lose by enough and some people are angry because of that
  • Lalor 2's lost by 20 goals and that cheered some people up
  • The canteen was excellent, that also cheered some people up

Big Footy should dead set charge us all a weekly subscription to read this stuff. I can't wait for a full round of football, will we see the full rollercoaster of emotions on display if we haven't already.

Sounds like a plan but not easy to do thesedays especially with FA help streaming down from AFL Vic to promote local footy in difficult areas.
The AFL talk the talk but don't walk the walk .What talk they do is just a crock of rocking horse sh&t to make them sound good .anyone one involved with local or country footy knows the truth

Mate Ben Charles the former president of the bloods said on here there wasn’t one registered junior player in the suburb of lalor

The demographics of the area have completely changed its. Just old Italians Greeks and Macedonians left now and their kids probably have kids and live in “affordable” areas like wollert Mernda etc

Just go down to the lalor shops and you’ll see it in person

Mate Ben Charles the former president of the bloods said on here there wasn’t one registered junior player in the suburb of lalor

The demographics of the area have completely changed its. Just old Italians Greeks and Macedonians left now and their kids probably have kids and live in “affordable” areas like wollert Mernda etc

Just go down to the lalor shops and you’ll see it in person
I hear you when you look at the junior sides that have folded around lalor its sad, also Keon park junior club only a shadow of its former self

I hear you when you look at the junior sides that have folded around lalor its sad, also Keon park junior club only a shadow of its former self
Has the AFL, AFL Vic and NFL got off their collective bums to assist Lalor rejuvenating their Auskick and Junior sides or do they (all well paid) just expect volunteers to make it all happen?

I played at the bloods in the 90’s

Played against a the stars west lalor keon park reservoir colts also had a full book of juniors and thomastown had junior sides Which they are trying to rebuild

Has the AFL, AFL Vic and NFL got off their collective bums to assist Lalor rejuvenating their Auskick and Junior sides or do they (all well paid) just expect volunteers to make it all happen?
Why should Lalor get special treatment just because of what they once were?

Why should Lalor get special treatment just because of what they once were?
Good to see parochialism is alive and well
The sport at a junior level has effectively died in that area. There used to be about five junior clubs, not just Lalor there's none now
It's in everyone's interest to have more players coming through or there will be less players for senior clubs to chase and real scrubbers will be offered money they don't deserve.
I don't follow Lalor but the sport is paramount.
Yes Lalor need to drive it but FFS give them some help!
Same for Reservoir.

Last edited:
I love the throw away line of “what’s the afl doing” as if it’s their responsibility. There are ample resources and programs for clubs to grow the game at junior participation levels.

No one mentions the horrible reputation Lalor’s junior program had which would have certainly had an affect on their sustainability.

I love the throw away line of “what’s the afl doing” as if it’s their responsibility. There are ample resources and programs for clubs to grow the game at junior participation levels.

No one mentions the horrible reputation Lalor’s junior program had which would have certainly had an affect on their sustainability.
My goodness, here was I thinking the AFL has a critical role in directing it's paid employees to assist and direct in regions where the game has died off at the junior level.
Obviously I was wrong and the hundreds of millions they spend on the game interstate, internationally and for what could be called minority communities doesn't deserve to filter down to the peons of Lalor which includes the defunct West Lalor and Lalor Stars.
Let's not help recusitate it let's get out the .22 and finish it off..... pathetic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All due respect but what can they do about it if there’s no kids in the area?
Lalor, Reservoir, North Heid, Bundoora, Keon Park, West Heid, Panton Hill, Turtles, Watsonia, Northcote Park, Lower Plenty, Thomastown, Kinglake all either have no junior teams or very few teams. Why would the AFL or NFNL try to help Lalor. Their juniors are gone for good. Move on.

My goodness, here was I thinking the AFL has a critical role in directing it's paid employees to assist and direct in regions where the game has died off at the junior level.
Obviously I was wrong and the hundreds of millions they spend on the game interstate, internationally and for what could be called minority communities doesn't deserve to filter down to the peons of Lalor which includes the defunct West Lalor and Lalor Stars.
Let's not help recusitate it let's get out the .22 and finish it off..... pathetic
There is access to junior football clubs in less than 10 minutes in nearly all directions. I’d hardly think the alarm bells are ringing at AFL house.

You need to understand Lalor was what Doreen/Mernda are now 20-30 years ago. Young families establishing themselves with kids galore. It’s hardly the AFLs fault the demographic doesn’t suit junior football anymore.

There is access to junior football clubs in less than 10 minutes in nearly all directions. I’d hardly think the alarm bells are ringing at AFL house.

You need to understand Lalor was what Doreen/Mernda are now 20-30 years ago. Young families establishing themselves with kids galore. It’s hardly the AFLs fault the demographic doesn’t suit junior football anymore.
I didn't ever say it was the AFL's fault.please don't misquote.
I said they have a role in reestablishing Australian Rules Football ( not AFL which is a league) in the wasteland that is Reservoir, Keon Park up to Lalor. Thommo have a small junior club I think.
As for the demographics a few years ago I took my son to the Lalor soccer ground and they had four pitches pumping with kids so your your comments implying it's an aging area without young families may be baseless as well

Any truth to the rumour doing the rounds that the bloods lost a fair chunk of $$$$ by backing themselves against epping Friday ? Am hearing many substantial amounts
That Footyhead bloke must be an SP bookie in that case

I played at the bloods in the 90’s

Played against a the stars west lalor keon park reservoir colts also had a full book of juniors and thomastown had junior sides Which they are trying to rebuild
reservoir have been trying very hard for the last few year to rebuild juniors but it seem most of the parents want their kids at a div 1 club as west Preston has been the junior destination club around that area and I think they might be seeing a decline in numbers as well .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back