Remove this Banner Ad

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve seen names thrown around who might be coming up in the next couple of years.

Thought it would be useful to have a thread listing them and when they are available so we can follow their progress.

Can someone who is across it please list who they are, how good, what category and when they are available.

Daniel Sladojevic (NGA - multicultural) KPF in 2019.
James Borlase (NGA - multicultural) KPD in 2020.
Luke Edwards (FS) Midfielder in 2020.
Key Dean (NG) Midfielder I think 2020.
Isiah Dudley (NGA indigenous) small forward 2021.
Thanks, I thought there was another Edwards earlier than that.

Is Slado supposed to be high quality?

So we don’t need a lot of picks next year, lucky as we don’t have them but we will need to load up in 2020 if they all come on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We definitely need to have access to metro kids. The reason they won’t is because as compromised as the draft is, they like who the compromise favours as it is.

I’d like to see some changes to the system too.
1) Get rid of the discount for a start. Getting the access to these kids is enough.
2) Dont allow multiple picks to be used for points. Use the next available pick and take the rest as points deficit from the following years same round pick.

I think this would sort out a fair bit of the unfairness. A lot more bids will go unmatched, yet there is still some reward for spending time developing these kids.

We definitely need to have access to metro kids. The reason they won’t is because as compromised as the draft is, they like who the compromise favours as it is.
I’d like to see some changes to the system too.
1) Get rid of the discount for a start. Getting the access to these kids is enough.
2) Dont allow multiple picks to be used for points. Use the next available pick and take the rest as points deficit from the following years same round pick.

I think this would sort out a fair bit of the unfairness. A lot more bids will go unmatched, yet there is still some reward for spending time developing these kids.
With live trading, clubs can trade that pick out just before their selection then trade it back in just after

What happened to the talk of state based academies run by the AFL? Not going to happen now?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back