big_bazza

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2005
Tas
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
sydney swans
will be playing for swans reserves again, swans unchanged unless they name his as emergency and call him up on game day.

if i was nick i would now be very annoyed i thought last week he would have played now he wasnt named then most people thought this week he'd definitley play. now he'll have to wait until next week. id say hes done enough its just roosy cant find a spot in our side atm with the side in great form and grundy playing well.

Roosy, bring bacn nicky d

big_bazza said:
will be playing for swans reserves again, swans unchanged unless they name his as emergency and call him up on game day.

if i was nick i would now be very annoyed i thought last week he would have played now he wasnt named then most people thought this week he'd definitley play. now he'll have to wait until next week. id say hes done enough its just roosy cant find a spot in our side atm with the side in great form and grundy playing well.

He'll be back before finals for sure - dont worry bout it.

big_bazza said:

So who would you drop?

Why elevate him when they have been winning since they dropped him? Maybe he still hasn't earnt the team's trust back, maybe he is still an up himself tool or maybe no one deserves to be dropped?

big_bazza said:

IMO you hit the nail on the head.... if he spits the dummy or gets annoyed... then the longer he will wait..!!!!!!. he is being taught an excellent lesson in discipline and sacrifice and humility... and could be the first and most important rocket to stardom, he or fans, could possibly hope for!!

If you wuz Nick.... you would be .....leftrightout & annoyed

He'll be back;)

lazy said:
So who would you drop?

dempster, i would have said richards before last weeks game, so yeah dempster, or bevo but he'd have to be unlucky to get dropped

Baby Blue said:
Why elevate him when they have been winning since they dropped him? Maybe he still hasn't earnt the team's trust back, maybe he is still an up himself tool or maybe no one deserves to be dropped?

Exactly. It's not like we're losing and he's not in the team. Since he was dropped, we've only dropped one game...just.

big_bazza said:

knob

Davis will be back before finals, and will burn the opposition, will show why he is genuinely a top class player, is capable of playing midfield & forward, would love to see him on a flank or wing, playing like o'keefe :D

big_bazza said:

Sydney's culture is the best in the comp, which is exactly why Davis is on the outer right now. Yes he's a good player. But you should be celebrating the creation of that culture, part of which is the discipline it demands. Other clubs dream of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeke said:
How has his form been in the magoos?

not outstanding but very steady, has averaged about 3 goals and 20 touches a game, roos has been happy with his performances, he said that nick has done all he can to get back in the side

big_bazza said:
not outstanding but very steady, has averaged about 3 goals and 20 touches a game, roos has been happy with his performances, he said that nick has done all he can to get back in the side

What team is the Sydney reserves?

big_bazza said:

Grow up

Baby Blue said:

Because this Geelong game is going to be tough, it's very crucial and we find Nick Davis in our best 22.

Also, Nick Davis is nowhere near an "up himself tool", i've met the guy numerous times and he's been nothing but friendly and genuine.

Apparently the reserves are playing on Saturday so if he's named as an emergency i wouldn't be suprised if he was a late selection.

saintsrule said:
What team is the Sydney reserves?

Strangely enuff, it's the Sydney Swans. They play in the Canberra league, not a particularly prestigious standard.

Roos says he's happy that Davis is where he has to be in terms of "form and fitness" and all the other associated stuff that phrase seems to apply so we must assume he's chosen to run with the side that beat the the third team convincingly last week. Fair enuff too I would think.

giantsully said:
Strangely enuff, it's the Sydney Swans. They play in the Canberra league, not a particularly prestigious standard.

Roos says he's happy that Davis is where he has to be in terms of "form and fitness" and all the other associated stuff that phrase seems to apply so we must assume he's chosen to run with the side that beat the the third team convincingly last week. Fair enuff too I would think.

Thanks. I know it was Port Melbourne VFL a few years ago. Even the VFL is a gulf's distance from the main game. Form there means not a lot!

Bollox said:
Its not "crucial"...it isnt even remotely important that he plays.

You don't think he should come up from such a useless standard of competition - Canberra - To AFL a couple of weeks before the finals, where he will surely be needed?

lazy said:
So who would you drop?

Richards.
One game playing as the loose man in defense? Psh. Not exactly a hard position.

Baby Blue said:
Why elevate him when they have been winning since they dropped him?

Psh. Sydney've been facing 'easy' teams. Davis is one player in twenty two, you think him not playing is the reason they're winning? Because that's what your saying.

Baby Blue said:
Maybe he still hasn't earnt the team's trust back

I read this week that the Leadership group 'Trust him' again.

Baby Blue said:
maybe he is still an up himself too

He might be up himself, but I really don't see what that has to do with his non-selection. It's a football team not a popularity contest.

Baby Blue said:
maybe no one deserves to be dropped?

They might not 'deserve' to be dropped, but they should be, depending on match-ups. Davis can clearly replace any of Ablett, Bevan, Dempster, Grundy, Schneider, Richards or Malkeski in the team.

Zeke said:
How has his form been in the magoos?

I can't watch, as I live in Melbourne but the reports I read from fan's who've attended have been along the lines of in the best every week he's played. He's missed a couple due to the bye and only playing bits of games because he's needed in case someone withdraws from the seniors match.

big_bazza said:

From a man that kicked 4 goals in one quarter, in a Semi, in a game where the team kicked only seven, that's hardly spectacular. And we are talking about the worst 'reserves' league in the country.

I'm not saying that his performances haven't been ok, but when the team has one pretty much all of the games since you were dropped, and every team member is playing their part beautifully, then you have to do something pretty special to get back in.

Now if he kicked a bag and collected 30+ touches in a game where the reserves won by just a goal, then he'd be putting in a solid claim to replace someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back