No Oppo Supporters NMFC 2019 Membership Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This football operations manager/solicitor who couldn't even get picked up by a legal firm to finish her papers, is ultimately in charge of the football and membership debacle at our football club?

If that's the case she should be sacked at 9:00 am tomorrow!

Is this another "gender quota" appointment? Who's responsible for appointing her?
JB from memory, a few years back now.

I could be wrong but my understanding of the role is that there would be nothing that we can see as supporters that tells is whether she's good at her job or not. I'd rather not have my name against her unjustified dismissal, anyway.

JB from memory, a few years back now.

I could be wrong but my understanding of the role is that there would be nothing that we can see as supporters that tells is whether she's good at her job or not. I'd rather not have my name against her unjustified dismissal, anyway.

Appointed in January 2017.

Laura will now be responsible for the management of Football Operations, Welfare, Talent Pathways, VFL alignment and Women's academies.

Probably not the membership issues, but definitely the football department issues.

She certainly has some amazing qualifications to run an AFL football operations department: President Melbourne University Women's Football Club, October 2014 – Present.

Oh gee, that's nice. I played about 80 games of suburban footy, can I get on the AFL list now?

Don't bother writing about footy related matters to Buckley, send them to the solicitor.

This football operations manager/solicitor who couldn't even get picked up by a legal firm to finish her papers, is ultimately in charge of the football and membership debacle at our football club?

Is this another "gender quota" appointment? Who's responsible for appointing her?
She replaced Walshey after Eddie poached him back so not sure if it’s more on field her role. Or if she took Joyce’s and he took Walsh’s position.
Is there a GM for for membership?

People and Culture
Community engagement.

Explains where our priorities lie.
Membership stagnant
Match day attendance down.

Let's not even get into the business of footy

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Culture? I bet that's got ****all to do with the NMFC.

I warned people that the place would become a palace of bullshit. Football is an ancillary interest to these people.

Wanna know where your cap/scarf, fridge magnet and social club medallion money went? It went to financing the careers of political parasites.

Culture? I bet that's got ****all to do with the NMFC.

I warned people that the place would become a palace of bullshit. Football is an ancillary interest to these people.

Wanna know where your cap/scarf, fridge magnet and social club medallion money went? It went to financing political parasites.
Amazing that a football club who's core business is to win premierships and grow its supporter base, feels the need to waste precious resources on this feel good bullshit.

They all snuck in to the place on Scanlon's back. He's got his kid appointed to the board to oversee generational continuance of his politics.

The club has become his ****ing plaything, and we're the suckers paying for it.

Hopefully some skilled folks put up their hands for a board position and we the members then vote out the entrenched persons as the opportunity arises.

Someone fire up de Rauch, and the WANM folks too.

We also need a cultural integrity ambassador who is steeped in club history.

The current models are to be dismantled, with 100% focus going back on to the AFL department.

Areas currently dedicated to social programs are to make way for a social club for the people who actually keep the place going, we the members. We should no longer be a philanthropic billboard for Peter Scanlon's socio-political interests.

Didn't the club change the rules a few years ago stopping anyone from running for the board? Anyone wanting to run for the board has to first put forward their nomination, then sit an interview with the current board, and then if they thought you were suitable you were allowed to then run for election against one of the incumbents?

Appointed in January 2017.

Laura will now be responsible for the management of Football Operations, Welfare, Talent Pathways, VFL alignment and Women's academies.

Probably not the membership issues, but definitely the football department issues.

She certainly has some amazing qualifications to run an AFL football operations department: President Melbourne University Women's Football Club, October 2014 – Present.

Oh gee, that's nice. I played about 80 games of suburban footy, can I get on the AFL list now?

Don't bother writing about footy related matters to Buckley, send them to the solicitor.
As far as I understand, Joyce oversees all the football stuff, taking over from Walsh after he left, which includes coaching, scouting and list management.

I think the biggest clue to Kane's job would be in the name, Football Operations, ie everything that allows the football side to operate. I would guess (and it'd obviously only a guess because this stuff isn't really transparent) that this is a fairly broad remit, including managing everything from ensuring that all the transport is arranged for players and staff, to making sure players and staff have the correct documentation to enter various stadia, to making sure that we've got enough footies at training, the right equipment on gameday etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They ran out of Caps at 1/2 time Gaso, and as for Social Club Medallions, haven't got 'em yet, maybe next week, pathetic.
I got told they’ve axed the medallions as people would give them to friends in order to get into the victory room after a win. This came from a lady inside the Premiership club, I’m not sure if she was a NMFC staff member or not. Either way it’s the worst excuse ever for another aspect of the membership package that appears to be a major let down.

Here's the lot of them, with the exception of Archer who stood down:

View attachment 646448
Definitely GM consumer surely? Emily Buysen.
Don’t think Carl has the time And Heath wouldn’t have a clue either.
As stated Joyce's and Laura Kane deal with onfield.
Emily Buysen has a fair bit of work getting this s**t right and it starts with hiring the appropriate ******* now

I got told they’ve axed the medallions as people would give them to friends in order to get into the victory room after a win. This came from a lady inside the Premiership club, I’m not sure if she was a NMFC staff member or not. Either way it’s the worst excuse ever for another aspect of the membership package that appears to be a major let down.

Wonder wat they are going to do about the Members who use their extra Memberships to bring in Opposition mates?

Pity I won’t know find out because I will never be suckered into coughing up $15 to sit in a North bay beside a screeching * fan again

People and Culture
Community engagement.

Explains where our priorities lie.
Membership stagnant
Match day attendance down.

Let's not even get into the business of footy

People & Culture = HR.

Community engagement will be the Huddle, plus things like organizing kiddo's footy clinics/etc.

Football operations will be mostly planning and logistics. Ie, someone's got to negotiate contracts with bus companies for travel too/from airports, etc.

All pretty standard stuff, nothing to see here.

People & Culture = HR.

Community engagement will be the Huddle, plus things like organizing kiddo's footy clinics/etc.

Football operations will be mostly planning and logistics. Ie, someone's got to negotiate contracts with bus companies for travel too/from airports, etc.

All pretty standard stuff, nothing to see here.
Don’t let logic get in the way of a good dummy spit!

I was on a Vice Presidents Coterie membership which cost me $5000 to join then $5000 per year to be a member. It gave me access to all Melbourne games but nothing for the one WA interstate game where I lived. Before joining I was sent an email by the Coterie manager Graham Osborne saying that if I joined as an interstate coterie member, they'd look after me and provide me access to the game in WA, room access before and after the game, a seat at the Chairmans function in WA before the game etc. Being cashed up and wanting to support the club I joined, I received my membership ticket, the Coterie manager changed and Mark Roberts took over. In the lead up to the first North game in WA I called the club on numerous occasions to find out what was occuring with my WA ticket, dinner and room access. I finally received a call back from Mark Roberts who explained that my membership only game me access to Melbourne games, that If I wanted to go to the WA game i'd have to try my luck on Ticketmaster like everyone else. I explained to him my agreement with Osborne, and I forwarded my email to the Fridge. He responded that they couldn't honour the agreement as the tickets allocated to the club were gone, the seat at the WA Chairmans function had already been allocated. I told him I wasn't f***ing happy with the treatment, he said he'd see what he could do. I received a ticket for the game and finally a ticket for the Chairmans function. On the day of the function I turned up to find that I'd been shunted into a corner of the table, was questioned by one of the north people on the table, when I explained who I was I received a comment about how someone had to hand back their ticket to the Chairmans function to allow me to attend.

Well after that treatment, plus the addtional membership issues others have mentioned on here, I have decided that my hardearned cash is best kept in my pocket rather than the clubs.
Sadly, it's not hard to see reasons why the club isn't prospering.

No, Football Operations is different from the corporate Operations dept. It's making sure game day etc runs smoothly for the football dept. She's been doing it for years including when we were going well.

That's weird. They've been checking cards instead of medallions at the social club for at least a couple of years. Crappy decision to axe them.

Indeed.

- Air rifles handed out to kiddies to win prizes if they can shoot that annoying warm up spruiker idiot.
- Happy hour after the game.
- Past players interviewed during the half time break.
- All current players to attend post match to mingle & have a drink.
- The abolition of those moronic pre-game videos.
- Some music or comedy at the post match function.
You had me at 'air rifles'.

Seriously though, the 'past players interviewed at half time' is a terrific idea.

And do any players turn up to post-match functions any more? They used to send a token player or two a few years ago iirc.

Amazing that a football club who's core business is to win premierships and grow its supporter base, feels the need to waste precious resources on this feel good bullshit.
I remember at Dallas Brooks Hall when JB got up on the stage and explained that we were losing money because our 'core business' wasn't making money.

That is, we are meant to be a football club, but playing football matches at Etihad was costing us money.

He had a plan to change all of that. Eugene Arocca came on board and it was only a matter of time until we fixed the 'stadium deal'.

Well look at us now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back