AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If an even number of teams was important then I reckon there is likely to be more Victorian talent around to spread across 9 teams than there is NSW talent to spread across 2 teams.

Given 2023/24 has now been decided for 18 teams the key is to figure out how to get the best 540 players spread across the country, likely via COLA type arrangements and more enhanced Marquee player rules for struggling Northern sides.

I also expect Ireland to be hit even harder than before as a recruiting option.

It's going to be interesting to see whether our game ends up being a stronger lure for NSW female athletic talent ahead of rugbaleague or any of the other insignificant codes.

If an even number of teams was important then I reckon there is likely to be more Victorian talent around to spread across 9 teams than there is NSW talent to spread across 2 teams.

Given 2023/24 has now been decided for 18 teams the key is to figure out how to get the best 540 players spread across the country, likely via COLA type arrangements and more enhanced Marquee player rules for struggling Northern sides.

I also expect Ireland to be hit even harder than before as a recruiting option.
It wasn’t really about NSW but about SA. I suppose they could include Port and Essendon instead of Sydney.

2021 Jeff should have a word with 2018 Jeff...

Who would have thought that something this idiotic, loud mouthed fool said would come back to bite him.
He clearly knew they weren't getting a team next year before he spoke.

He clearly says he wants to solve injuries first. I don't believe he's done that yet.
I wish they cancelled men’s footy until they solve how to stop players getting injured.

5 clubs got priority picks lol
Glad Saints got another one, after Searle‘s complaints.

Geelong remained terrible, so I can why some drastic intervention seemed necessary (as much as it frustrates me that they now have three picks before we get our first one, after finishing mid-table). Gold Coast seemed to take a backwards step from the season before - and through COVID played a good side in Brisbane twice - so I wouldn’t have thought they warranted the same concessions.

Essendon‘s WADA-induced delay can last a lot longer, surely.
I selected Essendon over Hawthorn because I was conversing with one of those nappy fillers, and because their President is the biggest nappy filler of all. :)

Personally, I'm happy for Essendon and Hawthorn to wait until the next millennium.

Glad Saints got another one, after Searle‘s complaints.

Geelong remained terrible, so I can why some drastic intervention seemed necessary (as much as it frustrates me that they now have three picks before we get our first one, after finishing mid-table). Gold Coast seemed to take a backwards step from the season before - and through COVID played a good side in Brisbane twice - so I wouldn’t have thought they warranted the same concessions.

I think Freo and WCE played twice and the Queensland teams only played each other twice.

Nonetheless Gold Coast were pretty bad and any assistance and a better run with injury will at best only make them more competitive - think Richmond this year - rather than a superpower.

It will be interesting to see how the the priority picks plays out but expansion will be much more of an impact for existing Victorian teams who should be giving up 2, 3 or 4 best 21 players each over 2 years.

Of course it is the teams losing 1 or 2 stars who will be most affected.

Big game in the VFLW today between North (9th) and the Hawks (8th) at Box Hill. Win to stay alive in the finals race, lose and that's about the season done.

It *might* be on the VFL YouTube page, and will also be live on WARFRadio.com from 2.30pm (for a 3.30pm first bounce).
Straight after the VFL game! Get down and support them if you can.

Big game in the VFLW today between North (9th) and the Hawks (8th) at Box Hill. Win to stay alive in the finals race, lose and that's about the season done.

It *might* be on the VFL YouTube page, and will also be live on WARFRadio.com from 2.30pm (for a 3.30pm first bounce).
And the girls got the win! Good effort with only 3 aflw listed players playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elisha King back from injury!
Also our soon to be drafted Perri King playing today for us hopefully we get Amy Prokopiec playing one of the last 2 vflw rounds also before the draft just to get her used to some of our players early
F1D2312B-509B-4ACC-8E9F-7DD0B088C431.jpeg

Also just got the win again today apparently
4C5BAEC6-3C2A-48D1-98AB-B346F438C120.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back