AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the three teams we couldn’t beat, finish 1,2 & 3.

Will take a massive effort to win the flag from here but win next week & who knows what we might achieve?

The only team that completely outclassed us was Brisbane. We were not so far off both Adelaide and Melbourne. We are most likely to face Freo, then if we win, it's Adelaide, and if we win that, then it's most likely Melbourne. We are not out of this.

Yeah I never piled on the Joyce hate. Looks like he’s been competent and well liked in a couple of development coaching gigs. Not watching, but 5 scoring shots each in a half - looks like they’re having a crack when they’d have every reason to chuck it in, and they’ve been competitive more often than not this year.
Luke Ryan and Jeremy Howe no good.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who do we play when we win?
Finalspathway.jpg

So, any changes for next week?

Alice O’Loughlin looked good in the VFLW. She’s more skilled than Grace Campbell, but Grace goes hard all game and was good yesterday so that would be a tough call to make. I can’t see anyone else ready to come in and do better than the team that just won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, any changes for next week?

Alice O’Loughlin looked good in the VFLW. She’s more skilled than Grace Campbell, but Grace goes hard all game and was good yesterday so that would be a tough call to make. I can’t see anyone else ready to come in and do better than the team that just won.
Duffin for hardiman would be my only change

Duffin for Abba I’d like to try - same speed
I was really surprised at how slow Daisy looked on the weekend, I think Abba is a better option than her.

Not sure I would experiment with Duffin up forward in a final, perhaps it's something we should have tried during the regular season.

I was really surprised at how slow Daisy looked on the weekend, I think Abba is a better option than her.

Not sure I would experiment with Duffin up forward in a final, perhaps it's something we should have tried during the regular season.
Both Daisy and Abba have been underperforming this year for the amount of ball we get in the forward half.
Abba is invisible most of the game - can’t see duffin being any worse.
Duffin is well known for reading the play and might get in the right spots up forward.

Hardiman is just as slow if not slower
No one is slower than Duffin. My 76 year old mother has just had her left foot amputated due to cancer and she could out run Duffin.

Duffin is not the answer to any question you think needs asking.

I believe Duffin was going to be tried up forward in the VFLW. If she didn't succeed then I don't expect we will try the same thing in an AFLW final. As for dropping Hardiman, on the basis of yesterday's game, I can't see that happening. She did her job. I would also be surprised if Grace Campbell was dropped. Aside from the terrible set shot miss from the top of the goal square, she was good.

And my point is we don’t need hardiman

We have Ferguson and brown

Both Daisy and Abba have been underperforming this year for the amount of ball we get in the forward half.
Abba is invisible most of the game - can’t see duffin being any worse.
Duffin is well known for reading the play and might get in the right spots up forward.

Why is it that supporters look at team selection of AFLW through a dated prism that is no longer reflective of modern football? You can't just judge forwards on goals they've kicked or defenders on goals the other team kicked. Forwards have to defend to lock the ball in and defenders have to attack in transition. We know that to be true in the Men's comp. Why do we look at Women's football as if it's still the 1970s? Brown and Hardiman are playing very different roles. So are Bateman and Abbatangelo. They shouldn't even be considered in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back