AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it that supporters look at team selection of AFLW through a dated prism that is no longer reflective of modern football? You can't just judge forwards on goals they've kicked or defenders on goals the other team kicked. Forwards have to defend to lock the ball in and defenders have to attack in transition. We know that to be true in the Men's comp. Why do we look at Women's football as if it's still the 1970s? Brown and Hardiman are playing very different roles. So are Bateman and Abbatangelo. They shouldn't even be considered in the same sentence.
Try opening your eyes - it might help 👍

JhPEzeH.png

So, any changes for next week?

Alice O’Loughlin looked good in the VFLW. She’s more skilled than Grace Campbell, but Grace goes hard all game and was good yesterday so that would be a tough call to make. I can’t see anyone else ready to come in and do better than the team that just won.
Last time we played Freo, we outplayed them comprehensively. Acknowledging they had a tough draw & were missing their best player.

Not sure we will make changes. We must get the forward line converting entries into scores. To tinker with this will have Crock emerging as a villain or coaching genius.

Last time we played Freo, we outplayed them comprehensively. Acknowledging they had a tough draw & were missing their best player.

Not sure we will make changes. We must get the forward line converting entries into scores. To tinker with this will have Crock emerging as a villain or coaching genius.
Last time when we beat them we had Duffin, O’Loughlin and Smith playing. No Kashy, Hardiman or Campbell. You could make a case for ins but I think we are stronger with the three who weren’t playing last time.

Last time when we beat them we had Duffin, O’Loughlin and Smith playing. No Kashy, Hardiman or Campbell. You could make a case for ins but I think we are stronger with the three who weren’t playing last time.
I thought Duffin was playing though I wasn’t sure & thanks for reminding me of the other two. Relying on my memory was not helpful! Completely forgot Kashy was out.

What I remember is that for once Freo didn’t make us look slow, so we had more run & great pressure.

I can't see in any article anywhere that mentions when tickets go on sale? I assume tomorrow but at what time, does anyone know?
Ticketmaster have posted it now - members tickets on sale from Wednesday 1.00.

I know she's had her detractors this season, but Emma King is still the one player I feel that can dominate the opposition and/or win a game herself when she's playing at her best.

I know she's had her detractors this season, but Emma King is still the one player I feel that can dominate the opposition and/or win a game herself when she's playing at her best.

that's exactly why it's frustrating when she appears to just be cruising along. but as always, i am just some dumbass on a website and i don't really know how hard she's working just from watching games of footy

Can’t see why…she’s been good since she’s arrived at the club. And was looking good this season before getting injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a little gander at the Coaches Votes.

Votes for Rounds 9 & 10 will be revealed whenever that is but looking at it.....you'd think Riddell will get some votes against Brisbane and should get the maximum in the game against Freo.

MVbZstt.png

Just had a little gander at the Coaches Votes.

Votes for Rounds 9 & 10 will be revealed whenever that is but looking at it.....you'd think Riddell will get some votes against Brisbane and should get the maximum in the game against Freo.

MVbZstt.png

When we played Brisbane in round 9, Emily Bates got 16 possessions (equal highest for Brisbane) whereas Ash Riddell got 28. I imagine Ash will get some votes but in a comprehensive loss, it might only be 4 tops where Bates is likely to get 6-10.

In the final round, as we know, Ash got 42 possessions and should be a lock for 10 votes. Bates got a team high 18 possessions against Ellie Blackburn getting 25 so there's a chance she doesn't get the 10.

It's going to be close but our girl may just miss out. It will surely come down to that head-to-head in round 9 and where the votes fell.

They clearly went off the stat sheet and not actually watched the game
Other than one error in the first, thought she was one of our best. Reads the play well, is a solid mark and is one of our most efficient ball users.

She is our ready made Duffin replacement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back