AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pies finished 7th a couple of years back and forced the AFL to turn the final 6 into a final 8 to accommodate them, a decision that derailed the whole season. There's no way they will forfeit. It's more likely they'll get a couple of weeks rest and then be allowed to challenge the nominal premier for the grand-grand-final.

Both comps just have get to a point in which....you carry on whether you have covid or not.

Players aren't sidelined if they have the flu.

It's not fair on the integrity of the season/finals that a team forfeits or has to round up players to field a team.

Both comps just have get to a point in which....you carry on whether you have covid or not.

Players aren't sidelined if they have the flu.

It's not fair on the integrity of the season/finals that a team forfeits or has to round up players to field a team.

If players genuinely have the flu, they aren't getting out of bed to play a game of football. And if a team has several players afflicted with a contagious disease such as flu or gastro, they usually get blown off the park. The one big difference with Covid, whether your politics believes it or not, is that in having several players play with the virus, there is a high chance of transmitting to the other team while you are getting slaughtered. And that compromises the finals even more.

If players genuinely have the flu, they aren't getting out of bed to play a game of football. And if a team has several players afflicted with a contagious disease such as flu or gastro, they usually get blown off the park. The one big difference with Covid, whether your politics believes it or not, is that in having several players play with the virus, there is a high chance of transmitting to the other team while you are getting slaughtered. And that compromises the finals even more.
We live in most vaccinated country in the world and for the time being this virus is here to stay with it's variants.

Gotta learn to adapt and live it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ash finished equal second in the coaches award

FINALLY getting to Arden Street for the first time in my life tomorrow and couldn't think of a better occasion for it.

I've always lived quite a long way from Melbourne, but having recently moved to the city I've been hoping to get there and now I finally will.

Pumped.
Bandwagoner jk 😂

FINALLY getting to Arden Street for the first time in my life tomorrow and couldn't think of a better occasion for it.

I've always lived quite a long way from Melbourne, but having recently moved to the city I've been hoping to get there and now I finally will.

Pumped.
excited ric flair GIF

So, are we just going to wait until collingwood are good to go to proceed? No top up players or forfeits?

What happens if another team meets a similar fait in the mean time? Tough luck we already did that?
The postponed game will be rescheduled to the date when Collingwood are expected to have at least 16 of their main squad available (probably Wednesday). Maximum five top-up players, zero chance of a forfeit.

It's the same rule that has been applied throughout the season.

The postponed game will be rescheduled to the date when Collingwood are expected to have at least 16 of their main squad available (probably Wednesday). Maximum five top-up players, zero chance of a forfeit.

It's the same rule that has been applied throughout the season.
Fair go, and if brisbane were to find themselves in a similar position on Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back