Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott went on too long.

He never had a clear plan to develop a side, he was too busy topping up and hanging on.

Im just glad he is nowhere near this playing list.

that's it - we tread water for five years. It was like ground hog day - with Nobes we are seeing rapid improvement week to week, Toot Toot

Last edited:
Great to see the forward line working much better.
I think it has been a very smart move having Goldie and Cunners ‘resting’ in the forward line. Their presence means quality defenders are dragged away from Larkey and Zurhaar and opening up spaces to lead into.

We are ahead of where I thought we'd be on the development curve.

Credit has to go to Noble and his team.

You can really see the benefit of having experienced blokes like he and Blakey who have done multiple builds in the joint.

I am really loving the supporting coaches that he has around him. Everyone seems to be buying in.
Even Rocca seemed very happy when the team was going down the race. I haven't seen too much outward emotion from him since he has been at the club TBH.

HE has the entire club bought into a game style that values contested ball and clean ball movement.

TennisPlayerAndy posted this in the autopsy thread. Agree/disagree with the top 3 player rankings that doesn't matter. The next 10 players were all north. A blend of youth and experience.

If as a club you are going to have 11 of the top rated 15 players in a game of footy you are going to win more often than not.

When you compare who played above their average it is also 12 vs 5 our favour. THe will go go beyond what you have regularly put out there. Massive tick for the coach.

1626135968770.png

We are way ahead of schedule. I really wasn't expecting much this season, 3 wins and a draw has already surpassed this.

This win out west really is defining though.
We are staying in games longer even when we don't win. Last night it was great to see the players showing a passion for the club and each other. It was awesome to watch.

There will be plenty of lows along the way, but I have to hand it to this bloke he is sticking to his guns and building what he believes will take us to the top.

You can see the message is to take on the corridor kick and sometimes we have been badly burnt doing it, but no matter how many times they stuff it up, they keep taking it on.

Noble has clearly given these players the green light to keep doing it no matter the result.

The more experienced this group becomes you would hope these turnovers become less and less and when this happens we are going to be bloody hard to defend against.

I don’t want to get too excited, but the man has a plan and he has the group buying into it.

On-field results will come with more time and adding in more talent.

But culture, mentality, and desire are all crucial and Noble is clearly instilling it into this group extremely well.

Gee I'm rapt to have him at the club.

Late in the game - West Coast had a $4 million dollar midfield at the centre bounce while Nobes ran with Goldy, Simpkin, PHILLIPS and Cunnington.

He has no issue throwing anyone into the deep end. I personally think Brad cops a bit of an unfair whack sometimes, but one thing he always tried to do was protect young players. Not in your wildest dreams would have you seen Phillips anywhere near the centre bounce under Brad’s tenure.

Late in the game - West Coast had a $4 million dollar midfield at the centre bounce while Nobes ran with Goldy, Simpkin, PHILLIPS and Cunnington.

He has no issue throwing anyone into the deep end. I personally think Brad cops a bit of an unfair whack sometimes, but one thing he always tried to do was protect young players. Not in your wildest dreams would have you seen Phillips anywhere near the centre bounce under Brad’s tenure.
It was never about protecting young players with Brad, it was all about him not trusting them to do the job.

Scott was all about hanging on. Noble wants to win, but he doesn’t let that get in the way of educating these players. He knows that while it may spectacularly fail, it will also provide a lesson for the future.

Scott put this club back years with his pathetic development.

HE has the entire club bought into a game style that values contested ball and clean ball movement.

TennisPlayerAndy posted this in the autopsy thread. Agree/disagree with the top 3 player rankings that doesn't matter. The next 10 players were all north. A blend of youth and experience.

If as a club you are going to have 11 of the top rated 15 players in a game of footy you are going to win more often than not.

When you compare who played above their average it is also 12 vs 5 our favour. THe will go go beyond what you have regularly put out there. Massive tick for the coach.

View attachment 1176712

It’s hard to take any of that seriously when Oscar Allen is above Stephenson when he only had 8 disposals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s hard to take any of that seriously when Oscar Allen is above Stephenson when he only had 8 disposals
That’s why Cunnington is so underrated.

People look at the stats sheet and go wow look at player x that had 40, even though half of them were one two around the back crab stats.

You know if Cunners has 25, it’s most likely he has earned every one of them.

People are obsessed with stats in the modern game. Give me a player with impact any day over a stat whore.

Zurhaar
Thomas
LDU
Stephenson
McKay
Bonar (early in the season)

All showing massive rates of improvement under his watch.

Even seeing signs of the likes of Bailey Scott and Curtis Taylor turning a corner in the last few weeks.

Can't think of such a dramatic sign of development in some players since the Pagan era. Laidley and Scott were good at developing role players into solid AFL players, neither showed this ability with kids.

Zurhaar
Thomas
LDU
Stephenson
McKay
Bonar (early in the season)

All showing massive rates of improvement under his watch.

Even seeing signs of the likes of Bailey Scott and Curtis Taylor turning a corner in the last few weeks.

Can't think of such a dramatic sign of development in some players since the Pagan era.
It makes you start to think of how many of our recent draft busts could have been handy at the level under this bloke instead of Brad Scott?

There is no need to bring up Brad Scott’s name at all. He hasn’t been at the club for over two years.

Hypotheticals about what he would do with this list are null and void. He isn’t coaching this list, Noble is.

Only a fools fool wouldn’t believe. How did anyone expect us to implement a new game plan overnight ?

I think we have a game plan 😱. That’s super exciting and the first one since Pagans Paddock I’d suggest .
Especially with the shortened pre season last year.
He had less time to work with all the new blokes.
It makes sense we were s**t for a few rounds.

I might be wrong and correct me if I am but Scott was under pressure from the board to keep us competitive year in year out, so a full on rebuild via the draft was never an option for him. And I reckon he was wrapped with that as it ensured contract renewals for him rather than the risk of getting the flick. Club was in absolute no-mans land. I’m so glad he’s not around to turn the likes of LDU, Thomas, Phillips into drab half back flankers…
Having wise old heads like Blakey and Paul Roos helping out Noble is crucial.

Kudos to the whole coaching staff. We're now seeing the things we've been craving - greater accountability, consistency of effort throughout games (seemingly fitter), increase in skills (from a very low base) ... hell we seem to even be able to move the ball on competently from kick-ins after a behind!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back