Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Going to be a huge ask to roll the Dockers at home when so undermanned.

However their form has not been that impressive and have a few out too, so I am hoping for a very competitive display.

Looking for those who do have an opportunity to make the most of it, and the senior guys to set the example.

Petrie's 250th gives a great reason for committed effort, and want to see far more intensity and accountability in the midfield in particular than what we saw last week.

* have started very well, am not surprised we were ordinary last week.

So I suppose it depends on who turns up. At our best with hard running and commitment we'll have a chance.

But TBH I have no idea who will turn up tonight. ( Pies now five goals down)

Hopefully Jack comes back breathing fire and says jump on my back.
I will take ya all to victory.
Need all players to come to play and have a positive affect on the game

Hopefully they watch some of the Collingwood and Essendon game, and figure out what can happen if they man up

Yep, forgot to mention be great to see Jack back.

Also congrats to the debutant in Tippett, deserves a game and probably unlucky not to get one earlier after impressive pre-season showings.

8.45 start in Melbourne

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Why don't they start earlier over there? Any reason?

Seems stupid to me when they could easily start at twilight say, 4 or 5pm, would suit families over there and doesn't interrupt the Anzac day game (and rest of Aust).

Why don't they start earlier over there? Any reason?

Seems stupid to me when they could easily start at twilight say, 4 or 5pm, would suit families over there and doesn't interrupt the Anzac day game (and rest of Aust).
Because we are the third of 3 back to back games and they don't won't to start the first (ess/col) too early

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Because we are the third of 3 back to back games and they don't won't to start the first (ess/col) too early

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Ok, so tying it up with the other game. Would have thought we should be second in line when playing the grand finalist, not the other which means most neutrals won't watch it....but obviously not.

Thanks Jay-Z.

Does Tippett or Grima go to Pavlich?

Grima is suited against resting rucks due to spoiling so i'm thinking Tippett.

They don't have many (on the surface) avenues to goal so be a massive win if we kept him to a couple.

They don't have many (on the surface) avenues to goal so be a massive win if we kept him to a couple.
Personally I'd give Grima the first crack. He's done the job successfully before and he is our 2nd best defender (despite some thinking it's Tippett :rolleyes:)

Tippett can go to Clarke/Sandi. Spud to Mayne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd give Tippett first crack on the Pav with Firrito and Hansen there to go 3rd man up when they can.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Personally I'd give Grima the first crack. He's done the job successfully before and he is our 2nd best defender (despite some thinking it's Tippett :rolleyes:)

Tippett can go to Clarke/Sandi. Spud to Mayne.

I know he is B33 but I'm thinking he is better suited to Clarke, Sandi and whoever as Grima usually beats taller players.

If he goes to Pav then I fear Tippett could be exposed (maybe wrongly)

I'd give Tippett first crack on the Pav with Firrito and Hansen there to go 3rd man up when they can.

Yeah, that is what I would like to see I think.

Of course either way it is a collective defensive effort like any other game.

Ok, so tying it up with the other game. Would have thought we should be second in line when playing the grand finalist, not the other which means most neutrals won't watch it....but obviously not.

Thanks Jay-Z.

The other game is in NZ.

Do you want them to play at 10PM local time?

The other game is in NZ.

Do you want them to play at 10PM local time?

Ha :confused:. Err....no.

Didn't realise NZ was so different to Aust....thought it was 2 or so hrs ;)

Surely the AFL can come up with something better.

We have a real chance if we come out with ferocious intensity like we did against Sydney but if we are soft and flat like last week we'll get smashed.
I think we'll be fired up and I can see us upsetting Freo. No Scotty T is a massive loss so we will be relying on our midfield to put on some massive pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back