Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe I should get my cat blessed. She's only 7 months old and possibly thinks she's some kind of owl.
At the very least i'll let her know it's a blessed day.

118793901_238371894183994_8667925335348051651_n.jpg

Maybe I should get my cat blessed. She's only 7 months old and possibly thinks she's some kind of owl.

View attachment 977434
LOL As my grandmother used to say, "It can't hurt." However it is a blessing, not an exorcism! Perhaps your cat needs to see an animal shrink about the owl confusion? :p

Best post all day Chicago. :grinning::thumbsu:

I took dad's dog to a couple of services nearly 20 years ago (yikes).

I wished my 2 cats happy World Animal Day this morning and the princess replied "hmm, I don't think I like animals much".

“Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough.”

St. Francis of Assisi
Best post all day Chicago. :grinning::thumbsu:

St. Francis of Assisi
Agree, a refreshing change

She's a cutie. :hearteyecat:

I raise you a cat possession - or two:

Tom.jpg Princess.jpg

Oooh, and I forgot to tell you Chicago that I've been to Assisi - absolutely beautiful peaceful place.

1601821918247.png

She's a cutie. :hearteyecat:

I raise you a cat possession - or two:

View attachment 977681View attachment 977682

Oooh, and I forgot to tell you Chicago that I've been to Assisi - absolutely beautiful peaceful place.

View attachment 977686
I never got over to Europe like I had planned to do when I moved back to the states. And now my traveling days are over. I had hoped to go to Italy, France, Ireland and Israel. Maybe in the next life. I plan to be reincarnated as a rich playboy. :)

I have always had a liking of St Francis since I was a kid because of the animal connection. My nephew, who is also my Godson, was born on Oct 4. He turned 40 yesterday. I'm sure I posted a pic of the two of us together on here years ago. He was about 15 months old at the time and both of us were wearing our Footscray jumpers. I emailed him yesterday and attached the pic which I don't think he had.

And I did something crazy last night, well, actually early this morning. I stayed up until 4am to watch the virtual Blessing of the Animals live on YouTube from Washington National Cathedral. So that's a second cat of mine to become a Protestant, an Episcopalian this time. I'm just so damn darn ecumenical.:p

Big day in Sports.

Lakers equal Celtics for most titles. LeBron wins title number four with finals MVP number four.

Nadal equals Federer for most Grand Slams. Number 13 at the French Open lol. I thought someone would’ve come along who could challenge him on clay by now but I don’t think he lost a set all tournament. He’s 34 now, think it’s conceivable for him to win another five French Opens.

Hamilton equals Schumacher for most Formula One race wins. Will equal Schumacher for Championships if he holds on for the rest of the season.

Big day in Sports.

Lakers equal Celtics for most titles. LeBron wins title number four with finals MVP number four.

Nadal equals Federer for most Grand Slams. Number 13 at the French Open lol. I thought someone would’ve come along who could challenge him on clay by now but I don’t think he lost a set all tournament. He’s 34 now, think it’s conceivable for him to win another five French Opens.

Hamilton equals Schumacher for most Formula One race wins. Will equal Schumacher for Championships if he holds on for the rest of the season.
The Federer and Schumacher records looked Gretzky-level at one point, I honestly thought they'd never be matched/beaten

Big day in Sports.

That's 2016 drought-breaker/underdog-esque.

The Federer and Schumacher records looked Gretzky-level at one point, I honestly thought they'd never be matched/beaten

It’s crazy. I’m not an F1 watcher at all but I imagine five years ago that Vettel was probably the most likely to catch him.

Used to follow Tennis really closely, used to love it but can’t get into it anymore. Would’ve thought Federer’s record was untouchable when he passed Sampras but has been more likely than less likely the past five years with no one new coming through. I think Djokovic will go past him too. Will enjoy it if Federer can win one more but really just want to see some new blood.

Nadal is one French Open away from equaling the previous Sampras record all on one court lol.

When Ted Whitten retired on 321 games they said it was a record unlikely to be beaten lol

When Ted Whitten retired on 321 games they said it was a record unlikely to be beaten lol
Ha.

I give you one Jim Sullivan...

928 Games – Jim Sullivan (Wigan) between 1921 and 1946. As a full back, the Welshman debuted for Wigan aged 17, going on to kick 2,867 goals in a 25-year career.

Rugby leaguers actually make tackles too.

Watching Cameron Smith today, he's the closest to a modern marvel in work-rate. Watching Gary Ablett Jnr jog from contest to contest is laughable.

Will Smith just homered off Will Smith and somewhere Will Smith is Gettin' Jiggy With It.

Dodgers trying to keep the NLCS alive.

My brother is very disappointed. He was hoping for a Cubs/White Sox WS this year. Not even close. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think VAR is needed but the over complication of it has ruined it so far. It’s been so bad that it’d be better not to have it. Hoping it’s just an ironing out period and it’ll be better in the future (cricket DRS was dreadful for years before it started working well) but VAR has been around for quite a while now.

Should never be a line drawing process. Think the MLS decided against it and they just look at the still footage to see if it’s obvious or not, feel like that would be a better system. There have been worse examples than today’s but whenever they start drawing those lines I get frustrated.

The handball rule is the biggest issue. I never had a big problem with it originally, then they decided they needed to penalise attackers for anything that hits the hand, then decided it was unfair to the attacking team and they’d penalise anything that hits the hand for the defending team. Shambles.

Think VAR is needed but the over complication of it has ruined it so far. It’s been so bad that it’d be better not to have it. Hoping it’s just an ironing out period and it’ll be better in the future (cricket DRS was dreadful for years before it started working well) but VAR has been around for quite a while now.

Should never be a line drawing process. Think the MLS decided against it and they just look at the still footage to see if it’s obvious or not, feel like that would be a better system. There have been worse examples than today’s but whenever they start drawing those lines I get frustrated.

The handball rule is the biggest issue. I never had a big problem with it originally, then they decided they needed to penalise attackers for anything that hits the hand, then decided it was unfair to the attacking team and they’d penalise anything that hits the hand for the defending team. Shambles.

Liverpool were just robbed by a VAR decision they have to draw a line on the picture and you still couldn’t tell he was offside, it’s an absolute joke they take it that far

same with the handball rule. It was alway hand to ball not ball to hand. No need to change it ever

After we were blessed with a Tigers-Cats grand final this weekend I thought 2020 couldn't get much worse but I just read that Basil Zempilas won the election for Lord Mayor of Perth. And it's not even going to stop him doing footy commentary, FFS.

After we were blessed with a Tigers-Cats grand final this weekend I thought 2020 couldn't get much worse but I just read that Basil Zempilas won the election for Lord Mayor of Perth. And it's not even going to stop him doing footy commentary, FFS.

The only thing worse than Basil Zempilas being mayor of Perth is that it implies that people in Perth elected him to be mayor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back