Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how Saints fans and neutrals are kicking up a stink about the missed PI, which I admit was bad, and that it definitely cost them the game. Firstly, who is not to say they ran it the next play and fumbled it? And lastly, what about the missed facemask the drive before that would have put the Rams on the goal line, likely TD and a four point lead they may not have let up?

There is a meme going around that I cannot find atm, that shows plenty of what the Saints got away with. But everyone is only focusing on the one play because of how bad it was and like it was the Saints who were the only team screwed.

The Saints had plenty of opportunity to win the game after taking the lead back. Letting the Rams move down the field with less than two minutes remaining to send it into overtime, and turning it over when they had the advantage of first possession in OT. Rams played well for most parts of the game and deserved a SB trip just as much.

So happy we won, thought the Saints would be too much for our defence, but our defence was by far our bets unit today. Offence struggled for most parts but did enough to control the clock for longer, and make more yards than the Saints did.

Patriots will be a tough game, as much as I prefer them match up wise than the Chiefs. Their running game has come to life in recent weeks, and Brady is pretty much a league MVP in playoffs, even after an average season to his standards. Couldn't pick a worse opponent to lose to as well should we not win.

Hopefully we get up, 32 teams means years between superbowl wins for most teams, and a lifetime of never seeing your team win as it is for some fans.

So... could someone explain this Super Bowl thing to me.:think:

I do know that I'm supposed to hate the Patriots.

I am quite concerned about my brother who tweeted:
"I had always thought that, in my lifetime, Michael Jordan was clearly the best team sport athlete and nobody else was close. Enter Tom Brady ..."

Should I disown my brother? I might just take him out of my will.

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

What does the starting 5 for the Australian Olympic basketball team look like in 2020?

Simmons, Mills, Ingles, Bolden, Dellavedova, Maker, Broekhoff, Exum, Irving (dual citizenship), Mathiang... lots of choice....

What does the starting 5 for the Australian Olympic basketball team look like in 2020?

Simmons, Mills, Ingles, Bolden, Dellavedova, Maker, Broekhoff, Exum, Irving (dual citizenship), Mathiang... lots of choice....
Am I crazy to think Australia would have to be one of the strongest national teams next year? That's one stacked list

Kyrie has already played for USA at Olympics and Worlds. Not playing for us. Add Baynes to that list. Definite medal chance but yanks still win if serious. 30 years ago they’d be seriously challenged by a combined “Yugoslavian” ( with no intent of insulting anyone) team of current players- there is some serious -ic players running around NBA at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyrie isn't playing for Austrlaia.
Future looks bright though. Simmons needs to commit to playing and we'd be disappointed if we didn't get a medal.

I just watched the movie, This Is the End, on TV. I had never seen it before. People my age aren't supposed to like this sort of film. I loved it. What's wrong with me?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Insane Test finished overnight. Sri Lanka set 305 to win in South Africa, last wicket puts on 78 to win by a wicket (despite #11 having a career average of 1).

Perera makes 153 no, equals Brian Lara's all-time record in successful run chase.
Made me feel warm and fuzzy to see the Saffers beaten.
Faf must have run out of lollies!

Love it when teams blow 25 point 3QT leads to ruin your multi

Only the fourth time in like 3200'ish games or something a team has won from that position of being 25 points down in the fourth quarter in NBA history. So unfortunate given the odds were stacked so far in your favor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back