Non-AFL chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last group assignment of the year and still getting stuffed around. Why am I always the unlucky one to get the shit groups?

Last group assignment of the year and still getting stuffed around. Why am I always the unlucky one to get the shit groups?
You really just have to stand up for yourself.

I've been on both ends of this, been the guy that doesn't do any work and been the guy that does all the work. More often the second one, and not the first one since 7 years ago. Last time I had to do it, and was getting screwed around, I decided I was sick of it. I went to the teacher, shown them a week in advance that I had done all of my work, and told them that the rest of the group was doing nothing and you already tried to get them to do the work. So when we submit, and it's pretty much exactly what you showed the teacher a week before, you still get that A, and the rest of the group fail. Or you tell the group you did that, they get their ass into gear, and actually do the work. OR you get ostracised from that particular group if you tell them. Depends on the people.

There are some guys who do all the work, then some guys that will do at least their share, and they're both fine. But it's the guys who actively do nothing that really piss me off.

You really just have to stand up for yourself.

I've been on both ends of this, been the guy that doesn't do any work and been the guy that does all the work. More often the second one, and not the first one since 7 years ago. Last time I had to do it, and was getting screwed around, I decided I was sick of it. I went to the teacher, shown them a week in advance that I had done all of my work, and told them that the rest of the group was doing nothing and you already tried to get them to do the work. So when we submit, and it's pretty much exactly what you showed the teacher a week before, you still get that A, and the rest of the group fail. Or you tell the group you did that, they get their ass into gear, and actually do the work. OR you get ostracised from that particular group if you tell them. Depends on the people.

There are some guys who do all the work, then some guys that will do at least their share, and they're both fine. But it's the guys who actively do nothing that really piss me off.

Im always the one doing the work and organising everything. I let it go for a while just to see if the other members pulled their weight and actually had the capacity to organise stuff but they simply didn't. So its back to d0gs doing everything and making sure everything is done correctly.......

Im always the one doing the work and organising everything. I let it go for a while just to see if the other members pulled their weight and actually had the capacity to organise stuff but they simply didn't. So its back to d0gs doing everything and making sure everything is done correctly.......
This is where you actually need to go to the lecturer and tell them what's going on, even if you just shoot them an email. You shouldn't have to put up with that.

This is where you actually need to go to the lecturer and tell them what's going on, even if you just shoot them an email. You shouldn't have to put up with that.
Bit too late for that now unfortunately, I have done it a few times and it has worked out well. Just had a bit too much faith in the group members this time.

From what I can gather, timtamWB is tired, North Melbourne posters have developed Footscray anxiety, Liam Jones is a jerk, and the music video for Imagine Dragons' "It's Time" is awesome.

From what I can gather, timtamWB is tired, North Melbourne posters have developed Footscray anxiety, Liam Jones is a jerk, and the music video for Imagine Dragons' "It's Time" is awesome.
True, true, true, true but Lonely Boy by The Black Keys has a better music video.

True, true, true, true but Lonely Boy by The Black Keys has a better music video.
You speak the truth. Although, not many music videos are even in the same ballpark as that one.
Whats the goss about Liam? Whats that beak nose said?
1413629326037.jpg

"****, I thought Carlton was the team that wears brown and gold!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched four different videos to check if that was actually the official music video and not some dickhead making their own. Gold.

I know it's actually quite nice. Nice city I guess, could do with some sunshine though :p
We've got a whole suburb called Sunshine. I suggest next time you feel like complaining about our weather you go there dressed as a ghost. Make sure to include a white hood.

We've got a whole suburb called Sunshine. I suggest next time you feel like complaining about our weather you go there dressed as a ghost.

I'm not so sure thats a good idea but I respect you as a poster so I'll do it!

It's terrible. It's not warm enough to do anything summery, but it's warm enough for the ****ing idiot neighbours to hang around their pool and blast their shit music for everyone to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back