No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get all the fuss about Gather Round, they are acting like it is some monumental achievement to host these games across 4 days. Also a pet peeve of mine is anybody wearing colours of another team to a game when they aren’t playing, yet this is now being celebrated?
You mean you're against diversity and inclusion? You b*****d!

Also a pet peeve of mine is anybody wearing colours of another team to a game when they aren’t playing, yet this is now being celebrated?
At least they wear colours of another team in that sport, which unless you are the Random Souths Guy that appears everywhere gets you a look and a half.

Also a pet peeve of mine is anybody wearing colours of another team to a game when they aren’t playing, yet this is now being celebrated?

When I lived in Perth in 1989, I attended all West Coast matches wearing my red, white, and blue. I had a season seat at the WACA and Subi and was known as "Footscray." I barracked for all the Melbourne teams quite vocally. Good times.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tom Green suspended lol, pretty much can’t tackle any more - yet cannonball into someone’s head late like Kosi and it’s only 2 weeks.

These blokes aren’t even hitting their head, never thought I’d say it but ******* take me back to the days of penalising the result not the action because this is a ******* joke

Tom Green suspended lol, pretty much can’t tackle any more - yet cannonball into someone’s head late like Kosi and it’s only 2 weeks.

These blokes aren’t even hitting their head, never thought I’d say it but ******* take me back to the days of penalising the result not the action because this is a ******* joke
I actually thought the Tom Green one was a bit ordinary. Surprised by Merrett and Adams though.

I have to whisper this , but I still love Jake Stringer and the way he plays the game .

It wouldn’t be so much fun if he was playing for Melbourne or Geelong.

A flawed genius .

I have to whisper this , but I still love Jake Stringer and the way he plays the game .

A flawed genius .
I've recently thought about how recent times could've been different if we still had him.

If only he wasn't a dhead off field.

Re: Gather Round'

Drove over, attended 4 games (De v Es, Port v Dogs, Ge v WCE, Col v StK).

They need to ditch the double-header tickets, ''sold out'' my ass, every single game was tons of empty seats due to people only wanting to see one game, my partner couldn't get a ticket to Port/Dogs but * me was the stadium empty, in hindsight she could of just stood out front of AO and asked someone leaving for their ticket to get in. Once in no one was checking tickets / where people were sitting, every quarter I'd have a different group sitting around me, ended up surrounded by Port fans who are up their with some of the most feral I've ever dealt with at an AFL game in my life.

Double header tickets do not work.

On the other hand, Adelaide is pretty damn nice, great places to eat, nice and clean city, was overall a pretty solid experience.
Will be attending again next year.

A flawed genius .
He was awful against Melbourne.

I hope they vary the fixture and we don’t have to play the same team every year.
As a true Bulldogs pessimist I know what will happen. 🤬
I think I read that Hawthorn are asking to make Norwood their Gather Round home. A great idea we should copy. No way you draw an Adelaide based team there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A flawed genius .

It’s strange territory for a Bulldog supporter. We are very used to losing our good players, especially if you grew up in the seventies. But losing good players who immortalised themselves in a premiership team? That’s a once in a lifetime feeling…so far. In years to come, I’m thinking that there may be huge amount of forgiveness coming from supporters. Even towards Josh Dunkley!

Jake, Dahl, Lachie, Dunks….all premiership heroes, and that will never change. We can only dream of what might have happened had Jake been more mature and professional. I’m sure that somewhere in the multiverse, he’s a triple Brownlow medalist and a key member of the Bulldogs premiership four-peat

They need to ditch the double-header tickets, ''sold out'' my ass, every single game was tons of empty seats due to people only wanting to see one game, my partner couldn't get a ticket to Port/Dogs but * me was the stadium empty, in hindsight she could of just stood out front of AO and asked someone leaving for their ticket to get in. Once in no one was checking tickets / where people were sitting, every quarter I'd have a different group sitting around me, ended up surrounded by Port fans who are up their with some of the most feral I've ever dealt with at an AFL game in my life.

On the other hand, Adelaide is pretty damn nice, great places to eat, nice and clean city, was overall a pretty solid experience.
The double headers are simply so they don't have to kick crowd out, clean it then open gates again. It is purely to minimise work, add convenience which would also reduce the time between games. If they ticketed all games seperately, there'd be 2-3hrs between the games.

Baseball used to have double headers where you got both games for the one price. Of course, one of the teams was the home team, so patrons stayed for both. I did go to one of the revised double headers where tickets were for separate games, and you had to leave the grounds after the first game while Wrigley was cleaned. The second game was a replacement game for an earlier season rain out.

No reason for the Adelaide Oval not to have a 1:10pm game, everyone leave while the stands are being cleaned and have another game at 7:40pm, each one ticketed separately. But of course, there wouldn't be sellouts to brag about, but there would be more revenue.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's in your Supercoach team isnt he...

Adelaide gets a bad wrap, but it is a bloody nice city. I loved it when we went a few years ago.

I'll be there in June for a conference....not looking forward to the cold after being in QLd for the last 15 months

As a true Bulldogs pessimist I know what will happen. 🤬
I think I read that Hawthorn are asking to make Norwood their Gather Round home. A great idea we should copy. No way you draw an Adelaide based team there.
Lets ask if we can play the Hawks there....or try and get a ground where some of our guys are from

The double headers are simply so they don't have to kick crowd out, clean it then open gates again. It is purely to minimise work, add convenience which would also reduce the time between games. If they ticketed all games seperately, there'd be 2-3hrs between the games.
Plus the half hours they are behind over there :p

He was, will most likely be his 1 in 4 games breakout (usually against a poor team like GWS).

It’s all true but yet - when he’s on fire - he lights the place up .

Essendon should forget about bulking him up or playing midfield or doing the ‘team first ‘ stuff . Take away his toblerone allowance and instruct him to be the most selfish prick on the field . It’s what he was born to do .

Well said, BM.
I was there too, and this is pretty much my experience as well.
Also hoping to be there again next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back