Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ivan Soldo Instagram model pretty much saying I can't live in Adelaide so I'm ******* off to Dubai and really could only live in Melbourne or the Gold Coast, is one of the most damaging thing in terms of future Recruitment for both Adelaide and Port.
She would’ve been complaining about moving here before the trade even went through, didn’t stop Ivan surprisingly

Reality is enticing players with long term “influencer” girlfriends will always be a challenge for us, particularly with a head coach like ours and a nearing decade long finals drought, it’s why we won’t be getting Hayward

This is why development and nailing the draft is so important for both Adelaide teams. The AFC has given up on both and just want to trade trade trade, but they clearly don’t understand the reality of our situation

Last edited:

Has Sampson Ryan done anything since he destroyed us that one time last year
It was a true Callum Chambers Club worthy performance.

She would’ve been complaining about moving here before the trade even went through, didn’t stop Ivan surprisingly

Reality is enticing players with long term “influencer” girlfriends will always be a challenge for us, particularly with a head coach like ours and a nearing decade long finals drought, it’s why we won’t be getting Hayward

This is why development and nailing the draft is so important for both Adelaide teams. The AFC has given up on both and just wants to trade trade trade, but clearly doesn’t understand the reality of our situation
Exactly what I mean we will have to build through the draft because no top players in the competition who aren't South Australians will want to come here.

Having articles like her claiming she couldn't hack it living in Adelaide doesn't help us even if she is a insta bimbo

The Ivan Soldo Instagram model pretty much saying I can't live in Adelaide so I'm ******* off to Dubai and really could only live in Melbourne or the Gold Coast, is one of the most damaging thing in terms of future Recruitment for both Adelaide and Port.

Off to "work for Emriates". More like off to be a UAE Instagram grifter, but probably worse than that. Not that I want to shame sex workers, but some of the stuff that goes on in the UAE in that space is pretty rough.

Ivan Soldo is better off without it.

I wonder what she looked like before all the surgery and CGI.

Off to "work for Emriates". More like off to be a UAE Instagram grifter, but probably worse than that. Not that I want to shame sex workers, but some of the stuff that goes on in the UAE in that space is pretty rough.

The Insta/OnlyFans "meet and greet" experience?

It's one way to make a living I guess.

The Insta/OnlyFans "meet and greet" experience?

It's one way to make a living I guess.

I personally wouldn't accept an Emirati using me as a toilet for any amount of money, but for these IG grifters, they're already half way there.

I feel like there's a lot here that I don't know about. Is this all common knowledge to average folk? Am I out of the loop?

Exactly what I mean we will have to build through the draft because no top players in the competition who aren't South Australians will want to come here.

Having articles like her claiming she couldn't hack it living in Adelaide doesn't help us even if she is a insta bimbo
Don't think it makes any difference personally. People like this already don't want to come to Adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know why people are complaining about the umpire free in the collingwood game when the collingwood player passed the ball to his team mate instead of the umpire. It is clear directions, the umpires demand the ball is passed to them straight away. Ive seen free kicks paid against players who throw the ball away from a boundary umpire. Not sure why fans and the media think passing to a team mate to waste time is ok?

I don't know why people are complaining about the umpire free in the collingwood game when the collingwood player passed the ball to his team mate instead of the umpire. It is clear directions, the umpires demand the ball is passed to them straight away. Ive seen free kicks paid against players who throw the ball away from a boundary umpire. Not sure why fans and the media think passing to a team mate to waste time is ok?
I don't think he was trying to waste time. It was just an umpire being technical like they were last week. Both decisions were garbage.

Last edited:
I don't think he was trying to waste time. It was just an umpire being technical like they were last week. Both decisions were garbage.

No, both decisions were absolutely correct. Rankine could have and should have bounced. Ran 5 metres well over. Its one of the most basic rules to abide by. He may as well have just rugby passed it to a team mate or quarter backed it to a forward on the lead. A rule is a rule is a rule. When an umpire asks for the ball they get the ball. It again is not hard. The players knew. You could see on the replay they knew. No one has any issues giving the ball back in any other level. I don't know why AFL players act worse than children when it comes to the basics.

No, both decisions were absolutely correct. Rankine could have and should have bounced. Ran 5 metres well over. Its one of the most basic rules to abide by. He may as well have just rugby passed it to a team mate or quarter backed it to a forward on the lead. A rule is a rule is a rule. When an umpire asks for the ball they get the ball. It again is not hard. The players knew. You could see on the replay they knew. No one has any issues giving the ball back in any other level. I don't know why AFL players act worse than children when it comes to the basics.
Yes, a rule is a riule. The problem is they hardly ever pay them. and when you decide to pay them at the end of a close game thats when supporters get pissed off.

Yes, a rule is a riule. The problem is they hardly ever pay them. and when you decide to pay them at the end of a close game thats when supporters get pissed off.

The lesson here is pretty obvious? don't gamble with the rules. If Rankine bounced, no issue. If the collingwood player handed the ball to the umpire, no issue. See how both those frees could have been prevented by doing some very basic things?

Flat out, If Rankine and the players walked into the changeroom fuming over the free kick, as a coach I would have told them all to sit their arse down and STFU because they are wrong. And embarrassingly so. Bouncing has been a rule of the game for a very long time. The umpires have nothing to answer for.

Anyone watching the game has become conditioned to viewing it through a lens of moral relativism since there's no way to know if umpires will ever adjudicate based on the rules - it's now all about whether it's fair or unfair. And that depends on whose side you're on. It's rare these days to see an umpire just follow the rule book.

How many times do we hear "its technically a free but not at this stage of the game" or "you can't pay that right in front of goal". Or "its technically a free but they hardly ever pay those". Or "you don't pay frees like that in finals". Or "in the minor round that would get him a week but he can't miss a grand final for that".

You only have to look at what they've done to the holding the ball rule. They've tried to apply a moral code to it by giving the ball carrier more and more protection until they've actually broken the rule and made it almost impossible to be paid - unless an umpire thinks not paying it will have "unfair" consequences. And that can mean anything to anyone as the umpire who froze at the end of the Crows/Essendon game could attest.

Essendon are going to get absolutely flogged in finals

I think they will drop to the 5-8 zone by years end but with Sydney and Port looking like finishing top 2, the Bombers at home would be as softer first week of the finals that anyone could hope for if they stay top 4.

Don't think it makes any difference personally. People like this already don't want to come to Adelaide
...and has been like that forever yet is argued here that the culture at AFC was the reason players left the club or chose not to come to the AFC when every single departure or non-arrival had a back story completely ignored by posters here. One of those back stories is that Adelaide the city is simply not a glitzy appealing city to want to shift to, and that's been the case forever.

How many times do we hear "its technically a free but not at this stage of the game" or "you can't pay that right in front of goal". Or "its technically a free but they hardly ever pay those". Or "you don't pay frees like that in finals". Or "in the minor round that would get him a week but he can't miss a grand final for that".
Exactly!! The rules don't ****ingwell change just because it's a final, or because it's in front of goal, or it's at a certain time of the game.

I ****ing hate AFL umpires. I ****ing hate the AFL. 😡

...and has been like that forever yet is argued here that the culture at AFC was the reason players left the club or chose not to come to the AFC when every single departure or non-arrival had a back story completely ignored by posters here. One of those back stories is that Adelaide the city is simply not a glitzy appealing city to want to shift to, and that's been the case forever.

Its funny in a way as Geelong often heralded their 'relaxed lifestyle' as a way of attracting players. Geelong isn't exactly an influencers paradise either... But then again, Geelong players probably still get the 'Costa' living allowance!

Will be very interesting to see how Tasmania goes in recruiting big name players (and their 'girlfriends') in a few years time...

The "no one wants to live in Adelaide" theory comes crashing down when you look at how Port has been able to retain quality players and trade in quality non-SA born players.

Part of our problem is our conservative culture and part of is our horrendous facilities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back