AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you watch any game dermott commentates there is always a player who is the best ever at something. It's a standard line he delivers. Do you really think he will say Tex was better than Dunstall as a kick. Not saying Tex isn't great but he isn't the best ever.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Imo Tex is a better kick than Dunstall. Not a better set shot on goal, or more accurate ... D Jarman was also a better kick than Dunstall. Either foot, different kicks, shaping them, weighting them, Tex's ability to kick that long goal is rare.

Lockett was the best set shot I saw - then Dunstall. They say Hudson was the best set shot ever, not going to argue that.

But I'm not looking to argue the detail, just saying we have some bloody good kicks of the football in the modern game. It's not like the past produced a better average kick ... people remember the guys that were exceptional. Dunstall and Lockett were two of my favourite players to watch, ever.

When we go back and watch a bog standard game from 30 years ago it's a great reminder that there were just as many (if not more) bad kicks, crap umpiring, players diving for frees, weak tackles, lazy runners etc ...

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
It's not an AFL team

That is brilliant. This would not have been allowed in the AFL.

I like a punt, but the integration of Sportsbet into broadcasting of games is akin to tobacco sponsorship of days past.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Correct me if I'm wrong .....but wasn't boxing banned at AFL club training ? .....or is that only in-season, or whilst under the control of the clubs ?

He is only hitting the pads which is cardio. The old days of beating the daylights out of teammates and trainers I think is gone.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Voss and Noble not going to the Draft tonight .....tier 1 exposure

1637736715368.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Did I hear this morning that Matthew Lobbe is Ports new ruck coach?

Surely you got to be strapped for cash if you're getting in a former dudd that's not as good as your first or even second ruck.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Did I hear this morning that Matthew Lobbe is Ports new ruck coach?

Surely you got to be strapped for cash if you're getting in a former dudd that's not as good as your first or even second ruck.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
He was a mediocre player but that doesn't necessarily mean he will be a poor coach. Port are certainly hurting for money though and it's about time they had the quality of coaching that suits their lowly, pauper status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back