Opinion Non-Crows AFL 4: The Centre Cannot Hold

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect the right of everyone to have that choice. I don't have to, and don't respect the decision unless there are medical reasons.
I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective that he has kept to himself where as many others have their tin foil hats on.

But ultimately you are right on the medical advice front.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah Tredrea says you should be able to make your own decision because it’s your body, and you shouldn’t lose your job over it.

Ok, so you get to decide because it’s your body…but your employer doesn’t get to decide because it’s their business?

Got it
I wonder if he ever declined a supplement or did his own research on everything he had to take/injest during his career.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

So the AFL have finally shitcanned Carlolton from the first game of the season slot..

bout time.

I am glad the AFL stepped away from allowing teams to dominate a specific prestigious fixtures. In no world whatsoever did Carlton or Richmond deserve to have ownership over the first game of the season. I like how they showed that with Anzac Day, allowing more teams into the day. Now I think they need to can the Collingwood v Melbourne Queens Birthday clash. The AFL needs to look at rotating all these prime days to allow all clubs an opportunity to build their brand amongst supporters.

Only for the year IMO.

Wouldn't have happened of Port and Brisbane made the GF, they'd still be playing Saturday
Dont even mention Port making a GF in any hypothetical.

Before the prelim final. I was little worried. :$

Fortunately the Dogs put the game to bed inside 10 mins of that final. lol.

Dont even mention Port making a GF in any hypothetical.

Before the prelim final. I was little worried. :$

Fortunately the Dogs put the game to bed inside 10 mins of that final. lol.
And if you need any more laughs for the night, here I have bookmarked and pinpointed the moment in time on Bigfooty, Dogs kick the first 4 and Sack Ken thread has lift off.

Its funny seeing us all unnecessarily panic. lol. Myself included.

Some Crows still had faith in Port. Ironic.

Your Welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Razor Ray believes umpires don't influence games.
He is an idiot and that attitude is the height of arrogance. I would love to hear an umpire sit their for the Crows v Richmond grandfinal and justify each umpiring decision. Can't tell me the umpires didn't gift the game to Richmond.

He is an idiot and that attitude is the height of arrogance. I would love to hear an umpire sit their for the Crows v Richmond grandfinal and justify each umpiring decision. Can't tell me the umpires didn't gift the game to Richmond.

Players make decisions which impact on games, so do umpires - as simple as that

Players make decisions which impact on games, so do umpires - as simple as that
Absolutely I hate the argument that a single umpiring decision in the last 2 minutes of a game cost a club a win. Plenty of player mistakes, poor goal kicking etc cost far more games than umpires. But there are times in tight games that a series of poor umpiring decision can flatten a team. These type of decisions need to be discussed in the media because they are game changers and umpired should be held to account publicly just as much as players.

Razor's premise is flawed. He is saying that because hundreds of individual actions occur in a footy match, a few dozen umpiring decisions make essentially no difference.

The thing is, those hundreds of individual actions are from two sides who are in opposition. If a goal is scored by both teams, that's two actions but it amounts of no change in the margin. If a chain of ten possessions results in a turnover followed by a chain of ten possessions by the other team, there have been twenty touches for essentially no change in the situation of the game. Most actions in a footy match just cancel out a previous action. A team generally wins when they are able to break through a handful of extra times. Thirty or forty umpiring decisions can have a massive impact on that.

You could apply the exact same "logic" to a soccer match. How many possessions? How many times choosing to leave your man, etc. But nobody would be stupid enough to argue that umpiring doesn't have an enormous impact on soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back