MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

wot?

I agree he gets a week, but he led out to the ball, had his eyes on the ball till the last second.

Unfortunate incident and I get he'll cop it because he braced, but fair dinkum it wasn't 'that' bad.
The matrix will decide but it will go to tribunal. I agree it'll either be 3-4 or he gets off at tribunal.

The matrix will decide but it will go to tribunal. I agree it'll either be 3-4 or he gets off at tribunal.
A lot could depend on the concussion test. If concussed it will likely be 4 weeks. If not, 1 or 2 weeks. Wasn't overly bad, but you just can't hit players in the head anymore accidentally or not.

Just saw Grundy lead out of full forward after pushing deep there. Learnt that forward craft at Casey, give us credit commentators
I believe it was Greg Stafford's dog who taught him that trick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I going nuts? I don't think Wright should even get looked at for that, he's basically hit him in the head because he's taller and running faster at the footy. He's not for one second gone into that contest with any other thoughts that to go for the footy, you suspend him for that then you all key forwards are gonna be Josh Schache

Am I going nuts? I don't think Wright should even get looked at for that, he's basically hit him in the head because he's taller and running faster at the footy. He's not for one second gone into that contest with any other thoughts that to go for the footy, you suspend him for that then you all key forwards are gonna be Josh Schache

I agree. I'm supportive of the league's crackdown on head-high hits causing concussions but I am surprised most fans think Wright deserves weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didnt see it last night, just had a look then, I think you can make a case that he tried to avoid contact by turning sideways in mid air, certainly didnt clean him up anywhere near as bad as he could have.

Ralphy loves handing out 4 week plus suspension.

These dumb campaigner journos don't understand the difference between bracing and bumping.
Anyone who wants a suspension is so out of touch, it's supposed to be a punishment for doing something wrong, what's the alternative? Don't go for the footy now.

This a bump. A ripper too.
Wright just protected his own ribs in the air
knight bump GIF by Adelaide Crows

These dumb campaigner journos don't understand the difference between bracing and bumping.
Anyone who wants a suspension is so out of touch, it's supposed to be a punishment for doing something wrong, what's the alternative? Don't go for the footy now.
With the way things are going I think it will be 4 weeks having said all that. The there are no accidents in footy crowd get their way more often than not. Loved the bump by Newcombe on Oliver yesterday btw, shouldn't have even been a free kick in my eyes, that was just a good block to make sure a player didnt run on to receive the next handball, if Oliver was paying attention to his surroundings he wouldnt have even got hit.

wot?

I agree he gets a week, but he led out to the ball, had his eyes on the ball till the last second.

Unfortunate incident and I get he'll cop it because he braced, but fair dinkum it wasn't 'that' bad.

Reckon it should be 1 week in the same way Maynard should have been 1 week. Not necessarily any ill intent, but the 1 week for incidents like this should be there to try and change the habit of players from bracing in a way that does maximum damage to their opponent to a way that protects the player more. Rubbish to think this is just a fair play, if that was one of his team mates guaranteed he doesn't 'brace' the same way.

With the way things are going I think it will be 4 weeks having said all that. The there are no accidents in footy crowd get their way more often than not. Loved the bump by Newcombe on Oliver yesterday btw, shouldn't have even been a free kick in my eyes, that was just a good block to make sure a player didnt run on to receive the next handball, if Oliver was paying attention to his surroundings he wouldnt have even got hit.
Yeah anytime there's head contact now it's an automatic 4 week suspension and then work backwards no matter what. Those same flogs will complain when all key forwards play like Schache and Weid.

Couldn't agree more about Oliver, was too busy admiring his handball and newcombe had every right to get him. I'd love it if our blokes did more of that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back