MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I also think we/he got vindication from it by winning the flag. TakethepissoutofTK.gif but if we had lost the flag on that day I reckon we would have changed if we hadn't won in 22'

Winning the flag has basically meant we've strived to repeat instead of adapt.

Was definitely the ultimate vindication, the issue is we probably overrated our midfield off that September and just assumed we’d keep bulldozing teams out of the middle.

The reality was our midfield played maybe the best three games this century in a finals series and we probably won’t replicate that football again.

Was definitely the ultimate vindication, the issue is we probably overrated our midfield off that September and just assumed we’d keep bulldozing teams out of the middle.

The reality was our midfield played maybe the best three games this century in a finals series and we probably won’t replicate that football again.
Yeah even those great Brissy and Geelong teams didn't have a September like we did. I don't know if Clayton Oliver has kicked a goal on the run from 50 since then it was like every single thing clicked at once. It's also a bit bizarre though that considering how powerful we looked we haven't backed ourselves to take teams on a bit more

To be fair to Freo bit rough having to play a game after you just got the news an ex teammate had died very young.
That is very true, they looked devastated on the pre-game tribute.

That news is just so sad. I feel like I’m going through it myself, but there’s always hope.

Yeah even those great Brissy and Geelong teams didn't have a September like we did. I don't know if Clayton Oliver has kicked a goal on the run from 50 since then it was like every single thing clicked at once. It's also a bit bizarre though that considering how powerful we looked we haven't backed ourselves to take teams on a bit more

Was the perfect storm. Also watching those games we actually miss Gus, I ‘still’ maintain he was a gun defensive wing/HBF and really helped our team balance when we weren’t forcing him into the midfield.

1000009384.jpg
That Collingwood forwardline is probably worse than anything we've put on the park over the past few years. They'll still kick a decent score though as they actually lower their eyes going inside 50 and hit up at the ball carrier.

View attachment 1985374
That Collingwood forwardline is probably worse than anything we've put on the park over the past few years. They'll still kick a decent score though as they actually lower their eyes going inside 50 and hit up at the ball carrier.
Haha they also didn't just jam talls into it for the sake of it

Was the perfect storm. Also watching those games we actually miss Gus, I ‘still’ maintain he was a gun defensive wing/HBF and really helped our team balance when we weren’t forcing him into the midfield.
Hey I always like Gus as a HBF he was a really good size. I'd prefer him to Bowey tbh

Round 18, 2012 at Subiaco Oval. 40.12-252. (accuracy 76.9) - West Coast 28.7-175 v Brisbane 12.5-77
Round 20, 1984 at Windy Hill. 35.11-221 (accuracy 76.1) - Essendon 22.6-128 v St Kilda 13.5-83
Round 4, 1986 at Windy Hill. 44.14-278 (accuracy 75.9) - Essendon 27.8-170 v Melbourne 17.6-108.
Round 9, 2002 at Kardinia Park. 35.12-222 (accuracy 74.5) - WB/Footscray 18.9-117 v Geelong 17.3-105
Round 13, 2003 at Docklands Stadium. 35.12-222 (accuracy 74.5) - Essendon 20.9-129 v Geelong 15.3-129
Round 21, 2011 at the MCG. 36.13-165 (accuracy 73.5) - Hawthorn 31.11-197 v Port Adelaide 5.2-32
Round 13, 2005 at Docklands Stadium. 35.13-223 (accuracy 72.9) - Essendon 19.5-119 v St Kilda 16.8-104
Round 2, 1998 at Prices Park. 35.14-224 (accuracy 71.4) - WB/Footscray 22.8-140 v Carlton 13.6-84

Most goals with fewer than 10 behinds:
Round 2, 2010 at Docklands Stadium. 29.8-182 (accuracy 78.4) - St Kilda 23.5-143 v Nth Melbourne 6.3-39

Most goals with fewer than 8 behinds:

Round 1 Sectional match 1900 at the Lake Oval. 12.6-78 (accuracy 66.6) - Essendon 9.5-59 v Sydney/Sth. Melb 3.1-19
Geelong super accurate that day

Must admit I loved Chris Scott's boldness to sub Stanley halfway through the second quarter. The sort of move Goody would probably wait till 5 mins into the last quarter to make.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Must admit I loved Chris Scott's boldness to sub Stanley halfway through the second quarter. The sort of move Goody would probably wait till 5 mins into the last quarter to make.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The 2022 semi final comes to mind. We desperately needed a forward and the last few minutes he threw petty forward and we got started to hit the scoreboard. All too late ofcourse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if they win it from here, I've said it before and I'll say it again - St Kilda are s**t and I don't see them improving much in the next few years.
They really are the definition of mediocre. Pretty much have bunch of okay players, good enough to beat the bottom teams, but not good enough to beat the best.

Just got home from sinking piss, 55-39 another barnstorming game of Aussie rules footy
Ginnivan had a chance to put hawthorn up by 21. Lyon said it was a shocking miss because it would have put hawthorn up by 21 against a team that's only kicked 5 goals for the game. Pretty sad when 21 up early in the last is basically game over.

Just got home from sinking piss, 55-39 another barnstorming game of Aussie rules footy
They are really turning on a show for you these days.

I think the most pleasing thing about contemporary Australian Football is reading your posts hating it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back