MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's list isn't that great on paper but they play an exciting brand of footy and have pushed some good teams. Not sure why they played that dogshit style against us. Actually they were worried about may and lever but just shows move the ball quickly and things happen.

You don't need to be an elite kicking team to play attacking/attractive football. You just need to be willing to give a little bit up defensively by letting players cheat forward and spread off the contest. You get hurt a bit the other way but I think we should back in our defenders more to win the outnumbers.

The past couple of years have shown the good teams can still cut through a great defensive structure through attacking play. The ball is just too easy to move these days to stifle things completely.
Not to mention the quicker you move the ball/play on more often, the easier passes are to hit coz guys are open so you can miss a kick by 1 or 2 meters and they still have space to adjust and mark it, also creates far more walk it in easy goals. The "we dont have guys who can kick well enough" excuse is a cop out. If your players are fit enough you can stil play an attractive style regardless of kicking skills. Im not saying you have to do it all the time coz its not sustainable over 120 minutes but the only time we try and do it pretty much is when the game is shot. Real scaredy cat energy from the coach that rubs off on the players, its no wonder a lot of them are choke artists.

Not to mention the quicker you move the ball/play on more often, the easier passes are to hit coz guys are open so you can miss a kick by 1 or 2 meters and they still have space to adjust and mark it, also creates far more walk it in easy goals. The "we dont have guys who can kick well enough" excuse is a cop out. If your players are fit enough you can stil play an attractive style regardless of kicking skills. Im not saying you have to do it all the time coz its not sustainable over 120 minutes but the only time we try and do it pretty much is when the game is shot. Real scaredy cat energy from the coach that rubs off on the players, its no wonder a lot of them are choke artists.
Nathan Buckley for some reason slowed the pace of Collingwood post granny to try for a possession game, and everyone’s kicking looked shit and they couldn’t move the ball forward. Even Sidebottom who is an incredible kick looked like TMac circa 2014. A couple of newcomers, change of coach and style and, bang, premiership.

Make it happen MFC

Nathan Buckley for some reason slowed the pace of Collingwood post granny to try for a possession game, and everyone’s kicking looked s**t and they couldn’t move the ball forward. Even Sidebottom who is an incredible kick looked like TMac circa 2014. A couple of newcomers, change of coach and style and, bang, premiership.

Make it happen MFC
Watching attractive football week to week by a 5th-8th side will do me. Thats my premiership.

Watching attractive football week to week by a 5th-8th side will do me. Thats my premiership.
Bullshit!

Might not be though so sorry because I’ve drunk interesting and apparently hard to get wines. Very nice. Though one of them is hard to get for a reason because it was terrible but I drank it anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11:54 , I want to punch my skull in listening to this shit. Media at it again "this is the worst umpiring has ever been" .."we need clarity around this" ....****ing Lloyd "need to bring in a new rule to stop this tackle".... and they wonder why there is no cLaRiTy and the game is ****ed, calling for rule changes to stop things that only happened because they wanted to bring in other rule changes to stop some other massive issue....just a dog chasing its tail is the AFL and the media forever wanting something to whinge about, feel important over by bringing about change. **** off. Rant over.

11:54 , I want to punch my skull in listening to this shit. Media at it again "this is the worst umpiring has ever been" .."we need clarity around this" ....*ing Lloyd "need to bring in a new rule to stop this tackle".... and they wonder why there is no cLaRiTy and the game is ****ed, calling for rule changes to stop things that only happened because they wanted to bring in other rule changes to stop some other massive issue....just a dog chasing its tail is the AFL and the media forever wanting something to whinge about, feel important over by bringing about change. * off. Rant over.

Pay holding the ball quicker. Fixed.

Id like to see some small flags velcroed to the back of players, but you have to ask consent to touch the player the first.
Suspension if you grab the flag in an aggressive manner and don't place it on the ground with a duty of care.

Anyone else find the obsession with inequities in travel quite peculiar at the moment? Like obviously West Australian teams have to travel more that's the catch when you have a national comp where the vast majority of teams are based on the east coast. There's not really much that can be done about it beyond creating a third WA team which doesn't appear to be on the cards right now and I'm not even sure if the WA teams want.

Anyone else find the obsession with inequities in travel quite peculiar at the moment? Like obviously West Australian teams have to travel more that's the catch when you have a national comp where the vast majority of teams are based on the east coast. There's not really much that can be done about it beyond creating a third WA team which doesn't appear to be on the cards right now and I'm not even sure if the WA teams want.

I’ve never understood it. Like how do you fix it? If they want to complain about the gf at the mcg that’s fair but week to week travel is unavoidable.

I’ve never understood it. Like how do you fix it? If they want to complain about the gf at the mcg that’s fair but week to week travel is unavoidable.
The most recent idea to come up is apparently forcing Victorian clubs to play home games over there once every few years or something. With ideas like that you wonder about the people running footy clubs.

Also, it's domestic travel once every two weeks, who cares?

Try an NBA style-schedule where you play games on back-to-back nights on the opposite sides of the country lol.

A bit of what whataboutism there, but seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Play in the WAFL if it's such an injustice.

Also, it's domestic travel once every two weeks, who cares?

Try an NBA style-schedule where you play games on back-to-back nights on the opposite sides of the country lol.

A bit of what whataboutism there, but seriously, it's not that big of a deal. Play in the WAFL if it's such an injustice.

NHL have brutal schedules as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back