Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon Freo will have to be creative and look at trading Sean Darcy.

A bit like Gawn and Grundy, Jackson plays better when he's the main man.

They haven't got a first rounder next year and Darcy will give them one or two.
It really seems the smart move. They’ve got a couple in the reserves they’ve picked up to develop. The combo with Tracy is effective and Jackson is fantastic as the main man.

In a year of middling s**t, St Kilda have got to be the worst finals bound team I have ever seen. Giving Essendon 2009 a run for their money.

They only sit half a game inside the eight, though. They are only one game ahead of 12th.

Massive logjam this year.

I had the Freo game playing in the background whilst I did other stuff today and it made me notice the commentary more - Dwayne unsurprisingly terrible with many a "delightful!" and a couple of "Kicks it to Jackson - why wouldn't you?". Really dislike his material. Big Jono Brown seems like a decent enough bloke but he's basically the epitome of 'if you're gonna be dumb then you gotta be tough' kind of footballer. Offers so little. And Pavlich can barely string a sentence together.

In a year of middling s**t, St Kilda have got to be the worst finals bound team I have ever seen. Giving Essendon 2009 a run for their money.
Essendon 2019 with a percentage of 95.4% also a contender

Did we have a year where we didn’t win a single away game but won every game at home and the away derby so made the finals? 2002 or 2003 maybe?
2002 was close. We lost to Freo in their home derby and lost to Melbourne at home. Won against Carlton away by a point (for our only away win).

2003 was an interesting year - we had two draws to finish on 12 wins. One to Bulldogs at subi and one to cats away. Win both and we would have finished 4th on % instead of 7th.

2002 was close. We lost to Freo in their home derby and lost to Melbourne at home. Won against Carlton away by a point (for our only away win).

2003 was an interesting year - we had two draws to finish on 12 wins. One to Bulldogs at subi and one to cats away. Win both and we would have finished 4th on % instead of 7th.
If we'd won that last round derby we would've finished 4th instead of 7th. Freo would've finished 8th instead of 5th and had an away final instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We beat Norf in the last round of 2002 in Canberra to get in the finals. A mighty achievement from where we we finished the year prior.

2003 started brightly but we lost steam in the second half of that season and unfortunately losing that final round derby consigned us to an away EF against the Crows. The good thing was Fremantle winning and then hosting Essendon in their first ever final and getting thrashed 😆

2004 started poorly before finishing with a really strong back end of the season. Another away EF loss.

All of which were big building blocks/experience which held us in good stead for what was to come 👍

If we'd won that last round derby we would've finished 4th instead of 7th. Freo would've finished 8th instead of 5th and had an away final instead.
One of my favourite what ifs is had we won the derby and finished 4th that season, we'd have played Port who we just could not beat at all at the time.

They ended up playing Sydney and losing. Had they played us they would have won and then gone on to win the flag.

Reckon Freo will have to be creative and look at trading Sean Darcy.

A bit like Gawn and Grundy, Jackson plays better when he's the main man.

They haven't got a first rounder next year and Darcy will give them one or two.
Trade him to Melbourne for pick 4.

We beat Norf in the last round of 2002 in Canberra to get in the finals. A mighty achievement from where we we finished the year prior.

That was the first game I watched the boys live. Had just turned 18 and was convinced they would be out at the clubs that night. Spent all night looking for them while getting plastered on bourbon lemonades and strongbow cider. Hahaha. Ended up passed out in the alley next to Mooseheads at about 4am. What a great day

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back