Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Longmire no nonsense coach and recruiting is so Moneyball.

AFL lifestyle is a non negotiable you would think.

Well run organisation with strong on-field culture for young blokes to walk in to and develop. Pretty easy to come in and play well if you only have a limited role to worry about filling, we bring guys in that are expected to be the saviour of everything e.g. Tsatas & Caddy.

Well run organisation with strong on-field culture for young blokes to walk in to and develop. Pretty easy to come in and play well if you only have a limited role to worry about filling, we bring guys in that are expected to be the saviour of everything e.g. Tsatas & Caddy.
also helps that they’re playing in a non footy state, they’ll be known, but like they would be in melbourne or adelaide

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The final against Collingwood last year, Melbourne at stages totally dominated winning possession in the last quarter, guys like Petracca and May were reckless with their own safety they wanted it more but they just didn't have the polish to hurt them.

So much mould.

They don't love ventilated buildings, for some reason.
When I was there it rained for a while and the smell of raw sewage rose from the stormwater drains.

Bit of googling suggests the reason for it is that some of their sewage treatment plants are bypassed in wet weather, which seems to contaminate other bodies of water. Darling Harbour is one that seems to stink and apparently has high levels of associated bacteria.

Stormwater drains also flush out into those bodies of water, so the stink in the city is likely from backflushing.

But yes, ultimately it's a dampness problem, probably to do with the water table and underground infrastructures as much as building ventilation.

They'll benefit from having Kozzy, Petty and maybe McAdam back. But even back to mid-2022 when they were 10 wins in a row I made note of how hard they had to work for every score compared to other teams and how it didn't feel sustainable. It doesn't help that they're really inaccurate too.

I know I am a bit old fashioned and everything was better back in my day blah blah blah..., but fair dinkum I could hardly watch the first half of that game...then I nearly choked on my cup of tea (if you can on tea) when Sarah said we have a cracking game on our hands at half time. 2 goals to 3. Thank God it opened up a bit as they tired in the 2nd half. I heard (cannot remember who) one of the head honchos at the AFL saying it might be better for concussions if we only had 10 interchanges per game. It would open things up as well as protecting players, players might be able to use their God given talent with a little more space around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back