Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but Rita is a deadset idiot!
We’ll get some token bullshit just like we always do!
Cook played Rugby at Scotch College, he’s a faux pas Pinkie!
I don't disagree.

While not being tactical, I suspect Rita will throw enough cash until the AFL agree. She writes the cheques remember....

Yes with hindsight but would you give those picks for the last whatever number of seasons of Hogan playing at the level he's at now and Lobb playing to the level he did?

Not to mention what Sturt might have achieved if his body hadn't completely failed.
We were trading for what Hogan is doing now. That's worth it on its own.

Its easy to say now oh the warning signs were there or whatever but we were screaming out for exactly the player that he's turned out to be.

We paid a fortune for Lobb and Hogan. We could have drafted those young guns and purchased with the extra cap space another gun who wasn't such a stain on the club. Lobb turned out to be a knob and Hogan was a druggy. The video evidence of him cooking himself on pills at a party confirmed this yet the club turned a blind eye to his problems.

Yes with hindsight but would you give those picks for the last whatever number of seasons of Hogan playing at the level he's at now and Lobb playing to the level he did?

Not to mention what Sturt might have achieved if his body hadn't completely failed.
We were trading for what Hogan is doing now. That's worth it on its own.

Its easy to say now oh the warning signs were there or whatever but we were screaming out for exactly the player that he's turned out to be.
If we didn't go after Hogan and Lobb, our (tall) forwards for that year would have been Tabs, Kersten and McCarthy. It made for pretty glum plums. The club, as poor as it was around then hadn't much choice. Or....just totally knuckle down for the rebuild - either way it was a guaranteed fistful of pain. Get Ben King or whoever it was available. It's possible both Ross and Rosich wanted to expediate the 'rebuild' (restump, rewire...), and maybe others not - but it backfired in the end.

Alas, it's confined to history. A flag will erase a lot of this.

I never wanted Lobb - I felt even then he was a glorified ruck posing or masquerading as a forward when I think the most he'd kicked was 28 goals back then (certainly not worth $700K or whatever it was!), but I did wish for Hogan. Sadly, it was an ill-fated venture. In the end we probably got about par for Rory (especially off the back of his best year in 2022) and very ripped-off for Jesse. Unlike Knobb though, at least Hoges was magnanimous to thank us and the fans and wish us well. No snide pot-shots at the exit door or whinging about the coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue with the crows is they have rebuilt from the wrong way so it might take a bit of adjustment. Like the 'traditional' rebuild goes defence, midfield and then finally forward line. Crows look like they have done this in reverse.

And yet it wasn't that long ago that the Crows were being lauded on here for being ahead of the curve and investing all their high draft capital into their forward line. Funny how things work out sometimes.

We’ll see today, blues had a very easy win against North last week, hopefully they are complacent
they should be afraid!
But they have no respect!
Message to the baggers...
Todays lesson beginneth with the FYFE!
or Dogga, or Young, or Caleb etc.
And ends with your prize attack broken on the wheel of the meanest defence!

And yet it wasn't that long ago that the Crows were being lauded on here for being ahead of the curve and investing all their high draft capital into their forward line. Funny how things work out sometimes.
Not me, I have been conditioned from years of Ross Lyon football to hate and mistrust scoring.

incidentally Meek said in an in an interview what was the difference from his time at Freo since coming to the Hawks is that he felt Fremantle were too focused on defence.

Gosh she is terrible... surely Fox knows she is terrible.

WCE haven't rolled over here and are putting in effort. The concern is that Sydney have missed opportunities and are still 2 goals up. If this continues it is a 40 point loss, which would be an improvement. I think the Swans will have a big second or third quarter. 51 point loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back