Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we just think slightly differently on when they bottom out, I think they have enough to get through to 2028 before needing to gut it, you think they fall out in 2026 and the timing is key. I also probably dont mind a few of the other players around 25 for Pies, I have never thought as low as I do about a teams talent 25 and under as I do Richmonds
Fair enough. I think the difference is Daicos but Tigers getting started this year probably evens that out somewhat.

You watch how quick those middling Pies players look **** once they stop being one of the best teams (evidence the first two games).

Yeah, that's fair, just think Richmond are EXTRA ****ed because the bulk of their rebuild will be through Tassie coming in. Because they've been out of the draft for two years with the price they paid for Taranto and Hopper, they are effectively us in 2016 (and we knocked this draft out of the park) but instead of Fyfe, Neale and Mundy, they have Balta, Bolton and Taranto and during our 2018 to probably 2021 the top of the draft is gutted. Academy impact has never been worse as well

Feels like a unique circumstance where they are ****ed on a whole new level. I think Collingwood could/will end up like Hawks. Richmond though, yeesh...
Well they won 3 flags when most fans i reckon thought they wouldn't ever see one.

So they can drop off for a while.

For example if we won say 2 flags with Ross between 2012-2015 i think most people would cop the rebuild we have done since 2016 as its the price we paid for winning.

Well they won 3 flags when most fans i reckon thought they wouldn't ever see one.

So they can drop off for a while.

For example if we won say 2 flags with Ross between 2012-2015 i think most people would cop the rebuild we have done since 2016 as its the price we paid for winning.
Yeah, that's all good, one flag for Freo would sustain me for life, I'm just interested to see how bad it gets for Richmond and how bad the Taranto and Hopper trades will be seen when we look back

Yeah, that's all good, one flag for Freo would sustain me for life, I'm just interested to see how bad it gets for Richmond and how bad the Taranto and Hopper trades will be seen when we look back

Taranto I think was ok (not good) but unless Hopper has 50% improvement in him it is already dire and will look awful in 5-10 years time.

Taranto I think was ok (not good) but unless Hopper has 50% improvement in him it is already dire and will look awful in 5-10 years time.
Like Kelly, I dont think it will be the price paid, but the timing of it.

This is the time now to be coming out of a rebuild and just use the draft to top up over the next 5 years. When Tasmania come in those first couple of drafts are going to be heavily compromised and it is not the time you want to bottom out.

The real clever thing with Tasmania is that the team is legally Tasmania Devils and yet everyone will call them the Tasmanian Devils, which is what they wanted to call them but couldn't - but will be known as anyway for their entire existence.
yep. Interestingly, AFL has also applied for AU TM registration of TASSIE DEVILS in the usual classes. So they expect it will be shortened to that too.

Meanwhile, FLAGMANTLE has now been accepted as a TM for the AFL and will be registered in July just in time for our push up the ladder.

Also, props to Benjamin Kealley for securing FLAGMANTLE for beer and other alcoholic beverages (assuming AFL don't still oppose)

Listening to what the AFL , according to John Ralph, on what the AFL have set for Tassie, is frightening in my opinion.It appears to me that the AFL will set tehm up for instant success, and I mean instant success.Even changing the FS rules suit them.
I think it was Buscks said every club had better get in early and make sure your list is strong and sustainable for years to come as Tassie will have a mortgage on every good player.
It sounds way over and beyond what GWS and GCS got, and they got plenty .
Will all the concession, or are all the concessions by the AFL, aimed at maybe eliminating some of the non financial clubs in Melbourne?
Are they looking at diminishing the number of clubs rather than expanding the competition?

I think we just think slightly differently on when they bottom out, I think they have enough to get through to 2028 before needing to gut it, you think they fall out in 2026 and the timing is key. I also probably dont mind a few of the other players around 25 for Pies, I have never thought as low as I do about a teams talent 25 and under as I do Richmonds
As of right now Squiggle has them bottom 4 (It's projecting them 3rd last). 4 full seasons seems like a long time to forecast them not needing to rebuild properly from where they are now.

You'd think if they finish bottom 6 again with a poor percentage they are going to be accepting they have to do something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As of right now Squiggle has them bottom 4 (It's projecting them 3rd last). 4 full seasons seems like a long time to forecast them not needing to rebuild properly from where they are now.

You'd think if they finish bottom 6 again with a poor percentage they are going to be accepting they have to do something.
Are we talking about Collingwood or Richmond here? I was talking about Collingwood being able to stretch it out

I went to check the squiggle to see if I should get excited about Collingwood completely falling apart, I was disappointed but this graphic made me laugh

1710827231766.png

I went to check the squiggle to see if I should get excited about Collingwood completely falling apart, I was disappointed but this graphic made me laugh

View attachment 1932928
This is only power rankings though and doesn't factor in the fixture, when you include their difficult fixture it predicts them to miss finals.

This is only power rankings though and doesn't factor in the fixture, when you include their difficult fixture it predicts them to miss finals.
Starting to talk about different things now, I found the power rankings funny (and posted it) because of the bottom two teams

I think the live squiggle is funnier for West Coast.

Pretty sure the axis only used to go to 45 but West Coast didn't fit.

View attachment 1933094
It's be nice if that were true but I fear the axis redraws itself. They did manage the lowest modern era combined rating as at about round 15 last year however so far as I can tell. (The worst ever starting position is still owned by GWS in 2013 however - with GWS having the lowest ever finishing position in 2012).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back