Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How does Brad Scott go in front of a presser this weekend, the weekend of violence against women, with a straight face. All coaches, it would appear, have been told to extol the concept of the round. I agree something needs to be done.
But Brad Scott during the week said repeat alleged,
offender Tarryn Thomas"is a good person".
It will be interesting to watch.

Schultz will probably get off with the Hogan defence.
Schultz's action is considerably worse though. Would be crazy if he gets let off for an intentional punch to a players head but JOM gets a week last year for a tackle because he's bigger than the guy he tackled.

How does Brad Scott go in front of a presser this weekend, the weekend of violence against women, with a straight face. All coaches, it would appear, have been told to extol the concept of the round. I agree something needs to be done.
But Brad Scott during the week said repeat alleged,
offender Tarryn Thomas"is a good person".
It will be interesting to watch.
Maybe give him the Wayne Carey defence. How can anyone allow Carey to be in the media while this discussion goes on

That last play was exceptional by Daicos. He saw the massive moment and just seized it.
It got me thinking about our list - we have lots of fine players.
We have contested possession beasts.
We have quality rucks.
We have a great defence with excellent lockdown guys and elite interceptors.
We have fine roleplayers that do their job for the team each week to the best of their ability.

But….

Do we have a match winner? I’m not so sure. Of course it had to be Daicos tonight. Players like that seek those big moments and embrace them, just like Dusty Martin before him, and I’m not sure we have that player on the list yet.

It’s hard to win a flag without one of them.
Xav Ellis says it a lot on the HBG pod - we have the likes of Serong who is honest as the day is long and a top top class player, and Brayshaw similar to him, but can either evolve into an elite forward mid? To me there is A-graders and then their is A-graders+++++ that win games off their own boot from the midfield. Daicos, Petracca, Bontempelli types.

Prime Sonny was our version of that guy but prime Sonny is gone and won’t be back.

We need more X factor. Some will say Freddie but he’s just to hit and miss for me. Amiss is a promising key forward but in that type of stoppage scenario we saw last night it’s the elite mids who can score that teams look to for a huge play.
It’s a real shame Bolton is not in play.
For what it’s worth - these type of players are so rare and I don’t think Carlton have that guy either in their team.

That last play was exceptional by Daicos. He saw the massive moment and just seized it.
We have quality rucks.
We have fine roleplayers that do their job for the team each week to the best of their ability.

But….

Do we have a match winner? I’m not so sure. Of course it had to be Daicos tonight. Players like that seek those big moments and embrace them, just like Dusty Martin before him, and I’m not sure we have that player on the list yet.

Xav Ellis says it a lot on the HBG pod - we have the likes of Serong who is honest as the day is long and a top top class player, and Brayshaw similar to him, but can either evolve into an elite forward mid? To me there is A-graders and then their is A-graders+++++ that win games off their own boot from the midfield. Daicos, Petracca, Bontempelli types.

Prime Sonny was our version of that guy but prime Sonny is gone and won’t be back.

We need more X factor. Some will say Freddie but he’s just to hit and miss for me. Amiss is a promising key forward but in that type of stoppage scenario we saw last night it’s the elite mids who can score that teams look to for a huge play.
For what it’s worth - these type of players are so rare and I don’t think Carlton have that guy either in their team.
We do. He wears #29.

We have quality rucks.

But….

I watched serong kick a similar goal in a final. Yeah it wasn't the winning goal but it was still awesome.

We have it.

We have quality rucks.

But….

Cooper can seize the moment exactly like Daicos did.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have quality rucks.

But….

Of course we have a match winner come on. We’ve had both Brayshaw and Serong step up to win us games before. FFS even Banfield was a match winner with his last quarter last week.

Just because none of them are as exciting as daicos or the likes doesn’t mean they can’t and haven’t stepped up to win us games before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gees Pendals was so so bad tonight. Wouldn't get a game on that performance at th RKRs. Just kidding. That is what RKR need.
Yeah he had a good night …. But it’s for his beloved pies . It’s the concept of pushing Pendlebury to the Roos which is stupid

RKR need a couple of good 29-39 year olds who will be invested more in the club for more than 1 year

The AFL stepped in because everyone was too s**t scared to get involved. again, Garry Lyon was begged and didn't want to taint his legacy or some s**t.

I don't get the issue in the AFL appointing someone who can help out a struggling club. your main point is the uncompetitiveness of North Melbourne. if you could bring someone in who gets them seven wins by season's end and a flag in three or four, wouldn't you take that?

People want competitiveness and then get angry when the AFL, who are clear and honest about their desire to have an even competition, suddenly bring in equalisation measures. I don't get it.
Yes, they want competitiveness on the proviso that it comes with a big Melbourne team in the GF, at the MCG.

Mother*ers indeed !! lets get 'em.
Not meaning to single any one user out, it's commonly used, but how does the old 'mo-fo' expression fit in with the respect for women theme of the week?

What’s this rumour I heard that the main reason Harley had a week off was because he was sending nude pics to Justin Langers daughter.

And then the CEO comes out with that letter. Interesting timing if the case

We have quality rucks.

But….

Banners mate. Only half joking, I have no doubt that, if we make a grand final, he's walking off with the Norm Smith. Would be very Freo.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just read this on the Carlton board.

"We lost to a club that cannot win unless the umpires carry them"

A bit ******* rich coming from a Carlton flog.
Rich indeed! Considering the umpiring in gather round is the only reason their mediocre team is even in the 8 right now.

I watched serong kick a similar goal in a final. Yeah it wasn't the winning goal but it was still awesome.

We have it.
You won’t find a bigger Serong fan than me, from the moment he got his first touch on the Gold Coast in his debut game.
He’s a brilliant young player and he’s probably better than nick Daicos in many aspects of the game. Contested possession, ball winning, tackling etc etc.
let’s be honest here though - he doesn’t hold a candle to Nick Daicos when it comes to kicking goals. Heck - he will be doing well to kick 5 for the entire season.
Brayshaw is a little better but not much.

Maybe the answer is Chad Warner? I don’t know but I just feel in tight finals with a game in the line with 90 seconds left, the classy mid/forwards like Toby Greene/daicos/bolton are so so valuable. We need one. Either we trade one in, or someone in our current midfield group elevates their game to that level.

What’s this rumour I heard that the main reason Harley had a week off was because he was sending nude pics to Justin Langers daughter.

So will that story be back or front page of the West? Answer: should be both but would be neither

Rich indeed! Considering the umpiring in gather round is the only reason their mediocre team is even in the 8 right now.
Absolutely. Funniest thing is that they are right about the umpires at the death! In the last 2 minutes Pendles should have given away an 'insufficient intent' and Cripps in the back of Daicos was soft as. Anyhow Carlton supporters, enjoy your weekend.

Heard the rumour but what’s the letter ?

The rumour sounded FOS to me ?

Heard the rumour but what’s the letter ?

The rumour sounded FOS to me ?
The letter about getting teams to stand up to violence against women. I just thought it was strange especially around the same time as this rumour. Probably BS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back