Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He comes across as a homesick sook. So many WA boys have been sent to other states and never sooked. Look at Serong, Young, Ryan, Pearce, Brayshaw etc etc no sooking from them. He’s worse than Cerra!
Jeepers we can be tough on people that rate family high on their scale of values.

Cerra made it clear prior to the draft that he rated family highly. For mine, GOOD ON HIM. We rated ourselves to win him over. For mine, GOOD ON US. Now it is what it is: good on Cerra, lesson learned by us. Fine by me.

WCE have backed themselves in with Harley. Unfortunately they have a good track record of retention. It's an interesting story to play out. I hope he goes. If nothing else I firmly believe we would get to see 50000 people literally boo their heads off when Harley returned to Optus. The clean-up would be messy but it would help ease the state's housing crisis. This is a positive aspect I do not think the main stream media have given enough attention to.

Sadly we jsut jelaous we didnt get him.. He is a good player despite all his behaviousrs we sometimes dont like.

Would love to have a player like him in our team .

I wonder if any of the other Victorian kids they have on the list were annoyed that the club let Harley have a week off and go home for a weekend. I guess preferential treatment is a given for the star players though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He comes across as a homesick sook. So many WA boys have been sent to other states and never sooked. Look at Serong, Young, Ryan, Pearce, Brayshaw etc etc no sooking from them. He’s worse than Cerra!

It’s a good example of how the media taking a short quote without providing proper context can frame an issue to give an impression.

What’s he going to say if someone asks him directly what he’s missing about home? Just lie & say nothing?

I’m sure if you asked Caleb if he ever misses his family he’d say yes too. Doesn’t have anything to do with him already having made a decision to be a one club player. It’s just the truth. Of course he misses home sometimes.

Gee with the footy he is playing, I wouldn't think that.
He is enjoying the attention, I think. Just depends on whether he will continue.
Yet to be tested though.

If Essendon stay in the top 4, I reckon almost guaranteed straight sets exit. Especially if a few of Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne are in 5th-8th. I would even be reasonably confident Freo would beat them in Melbourne if we made it that far.
I still think they'll be lucky to make the 8. Could very easily get a run on of losses like Geelong.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back