Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motlop first quarter 9 touches 1 goal

FFS F OFF MOTLOP
2nd Quarter

2 touches

Welcome to Port Adelaide you useless yo-yo
Nice one. Involved in two goals early into the third, including a direct goal assist.

Caddy had plenty of quiet patches last year. He did however turn out to be a very nice recruit. Motlop will be the same.

Nice one. Involved in two goals early into the third, including a direct goal assist.

Caddy had plenty of quiet patches last year. He did however turn out to be a very nice recruit. Motlop will be the same.

Parfitt will be better than Caddy IMO (and i like Caddy).

Motlop got us Kelly and Ablett.

I think people forget that Motlop is a good player.

Our game plan doesnt suit good outside players because we dont have many good forwards and our inside mids prefer to bomb it instead of using outside players all the time. Not only that we expect them to be inside players, which goes against the way they play.

What do Varcoe, Motlop, Lang and Thurlow all have in common? They are all outside players not wanted by Scott.

Our game plan doesnt suit good outside players because we dont have many good forwards and our inside mids prefer to bomb it instead of using outside players all the time. Not only that we expect them to be inside players, which goes against the way they play.

What do Varcoe, Motlop, Lang and Thurlow all have in common? They are all outside players not wanted by Scott.

From time to time. Like the invisible man inbetween

Parfitt will be better than Caddy IMO (and i like Caddy).

Motlop got us Kelly and Ablett.
Caddy for Parfitt was win-win. Definitely happy with what we got for him.

Maybe the Motlop situation will be similar. Depends on Kelly's instant impact and Ablett's durability. As Motlop still had a handful of high performance years left. We'll see what the effect of Ablett is this year. If he absolutely tears it apart and brings his A game in finals it might be worth it.

To be fair Scott doesnt do the contracts it was Wells and Hocking..

Motlop for whatever reasons (inconsistency) we didn't want to match Port's 4 year deal.

Varcoe wanted 3 years which at that stage would have been too big a risk with his injury history and we had to move him a year early as he was FA in 15 and given bringing Danger in we would have got no compo for him.

Scott played Lang in 2 finals it wasn't his call to have Lang OOC.

Thurlow the jury is out on.

I have concerns about our gameplan but you haven't proved a pattern there.

Our mistake with Caddy was trying to develop him as an inside midfielder rather than a mid-sized forward.
Judging by Caddy melt when he left about not being given more midfield time I’m sure the club was aware of his limitations which is why we hardly ever saw him in the middle in his last year.

Ironic as the Tigers have left him as a forward, he’s a good handy player but I don’t miss him at all.

Judging by Caddy melt when he left about not being given more midfield time I’m sure the club was aware of his limitations which is why we hardly ever saw him in the middle in his last year.

He wasn't used exclusively in the middle with us - hence his perception that he was deprived of midfield time he should have been given - but the time he was given he still too much. We tried to have an each-way bet with Caddy and develop positional flexibility when we should have just committed to using him in a defined role in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From time to time. Like the invisible man inbetween

Outside players are going to be inconsistent it's just the way it is.

If teammates dont win enough ball or give it to them then they are likely having sub 10 possession games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back