Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit sad they couldnt find a spot for ablett. One of the few who would genuinly give his all.
He made himself unavailable for the 08 game. MANY Cats played that night. Is that a factor?

He was injured. Missed the week prior against the Lions.
BOG for us the week after in our win v Tigers.
Yes, he did miss the Lions game.
Let's just say I recall his absence from that "state" game as a talking point.

My recollection was he was itching to play but with Bomber coaching there was no conning the coach.
Iirc, there was also some talk he left the Lions game early, or wasn't even there?
Anyway, long time ago, and agreed, would have been a nice thing to see him strut his stuff last Friday.

Good luck to Jones with his move out west, and good luck to Venables in dealing with his concussion issues:

FORMER Geelong forward Jamaine Jones has been thrown an AFL lifeline after signing with West Coast as an SSP (supplementary selection period) player.

He is one of two players to join the Eagles as a rookie, with 24-year-old Nic Reid, who played with the club’s WAFL team in 2019 also putting pen to paper.

Jones, who was a rookie selection by the Cats in late 2017, played seven games in the Hoops. However, he didn’t appear at AFL level in 2019.

The 21-year-old spent a fortnight training with West Coast and impressed in a WAFL practice match against Swan Districts last week.

An additional rookie spot opened up at the Eagles after the decision was made for premiership player Daniel Venables to sit out the 2020 season due to ongoing concussion issues.

Because JJ got a go or bc he's from WA?

GO Catters
At least it will make for a change from the past decade of trade talk where firstly Taylor would want to return to the West, which had been more recently replaced with Duncan to return to Perth

Though I'm pretty sure there was talk last year that Clark may the next to flee - though it's something we've rarely seen from players at the club

Reports that Kade Kolodjashnij is unlikely to play this season due to concussion issues - an apparent issue is when he runs he gets an elevated heart rate and also headaches

He's last concussion was in December and he's yet to return to training with the main group

There's an article from a couple of days ago with Jordan Lewis discussing Kade's issues and he mentions there's been times where Kade had to stay inside as he couldn't deal with sunlight after being concussed

And regardless of what people think of Lewis, he makes such a good point:

“I haven’t been exposed to anyone like that. When you see it day to day and you see that he is a really good guy and a happy guy, and you see the emotions that he goes through during the day – he isn’t able to do what he loves doing and he has to be home all the time because he can’t be exposed to light – that’s when it hits you. Is the game worth that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports that Kade Kolodjashnij is unlikely to play this season due to concussion issues - an apparent issue is when he runs he gets an elevated heart rate and also headaches

He's last concussion was in December and he's yet to return to training with the main group

There's an article from a couple of days ago with Jordan Lewis discussing Kade's issues and he mentions there's been times where Kade had to stay inside as he couldn't deal with sunlight after being concussed

And regardless of what people think of Lewis, he makes such a good point:

“I haven’t been exposed to anyone like that. When you see it day to day and you see that he is a really good guy and a happy guy, and you see the emotions that he goes through during the day – he isn’t able to do what he loves doing and he has to be home all the time because he can’t be exposed to light – that’s when it hits you. Is the game worth that?

I have a lot of time for Lewis.
Excellent player.
Ex Falcon.
Would love to see his input at the Cattery.

Feel very sad for KK. By all reports, a high quality man and player.

At least it will make for a change from the past decade of trade talk where firstly Taylor would want to return to the West, which had been more recently replaced with Duncan to return to Perth

Though I'm pretty sure there was talk last year that Clark may the next to flee - though it's something we've rarely seen from players at the club

I always found that Clark talk funny. Didn't he himself say he wanted to get out of Perth?

I always found that Clark talk funny. Didn't he himself say he wanted to get out of Perth?

Wasn't the Clark talk started by the same folks who claimed Geelong were holding Kelly to ransom, despite the fact we were still open to a trade when Kelly still had a year left on his contract, but West Coast refused to budge?

Really??? Lewis the thug, Lewis the enforcer who took plenty of our players out and was never penalised.

Agree. Out of the former Hawks who are currently elsewhere, I'd much rather Luke Hodge.

Agree. Out of the former Hawks who are currently elsewhere, I'd much rather Luke Hodge.
I'd be happy with Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge.
They would all have lots to offer.
Mitchell possibly #1, Lewis #2. I think he's a little smarter than Hodge

I wouldn't have a clue about any of their coaching abilities.
Working closely with( TAC) teams (U18), there is a lot of acclaim for Mitchell and Lewis. Lewis has always impressed me, and I appreciated his undoubted respect for Geelong. He said that in any game where Geelong was not out of it, but behind, he'd always back us.

Really??? Lewis the thug, Lewis the enforcer who took plenty of our players out and was never penalised.
You could be describing Chris Scott! I despised him as a player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back