Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021/2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

🤔

Is Cox in trouble for that knee in the back - could it be deemed rough conduct as surely he was never really contention to actually mark the ball, and instead just seemed to put the knee in the back of the opponent

🤔

Is Cox in trouble for that knee in the back - could it be deemed rough conduct as surely he was never really contention to actually mark the ball, and instead just seemed to put the knee in the back of the opponent
I think those goggles are making his depth perception even worse , seemed to badly mistimed that jump and distance

Comments on Pies’ BF a week ago were that Krueger was kamikaze and needed to control himself if he didn’t want to regularly on the injured list. I’d agree.

I understand why he's wearing them, but it still cracks me up seeing Mason Cox wearing his sunglasses in a night game.
episode 2 the googles do nothing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comments on Pies’ BF a week ago were that Krueger was kamikaze and needed to control himself if he didn’t want to regularly on the injured list. I’d agree.

Same issue he had with us - I would have loved to see more games from him, but it seemed at times that he was his own worse enemy, and he needs to better judge the times he doesn't need to jump into a contest

I do wish him well at Collingwood

I thought the same, he was nowhere near taking that mark

I know Cox at least extended the arms to feign going for the mark, but when looking just at the actions of the player - is there actually that much different between Gardiner's & Cox's action?

Whether shoulder or knee, both can cause injury to an opponent, and Starcevich did seem worse for wear after the knee to the back - so surely both situations should count as rough conduct if the individual leading with the shoulder or knee as no intent other than crashing into their opponent

Please don't get me wrong, as I'm not suggesting there's anything fundamentally wrong with a player going for a mark where they put a knee into the back of an opponent - just when done needlessly or recklessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back