Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2022, part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funnier to see how many ways they could try and blame Hocking for the loss.
It's kind of messed up of me, but one thing that really floats my boat is feeding people a healthy diet of confirmation when they're already down a rabbit hole of conspiracy theories. Like, Richmond supporters are already several chugs through a bottle of Conspiracy Koolaid, and it would just be incredible to see them lose some close games this year in really controversial or dubious circumstances. There's always a couple of those games each year. One that springs to mind for me is when Blitz probably should've gone HTB against Brisbane in the dying seconds etc. I hope the Tigers are on the end of some of those games this year. Get the blood boiling down at Tigerland haha. The entertainment last year when Lynch kicked over the post was just beautiful.

IF Port are genuinely interested in McKay and able to secure his services, will that lessen their interest in Ratugolea?

If we look at Sav as a defender..he was a speculative acquisition. A cheap roll of the dice that might have given them a instant solution. Very happy well held hard and that Port could not up their offer... It looks like we will geta real good look at Sav as a defender..so by years end there will be less speculation. He will either be a more highly valued player.. or perhaps not wanted at all. Perhaps a delisted FA.

By years end they will have a better idea if they want him. But I guess ..it depends on who wants to go there as much as who they want. If McKay gets multiple offers.... he may well fancy playing with his brother.

There are so many examples were one might say Sav can follow to say his next 5 years could be high end. McCartin and Jones would seem very comparable. If he can learn when to mark, when to crunch a pack, when to punch and when simply to be steady then he could fill a role. I can remember when Tom Lonergan started.. and he was no certainty to work.

The thing for Sav ..is make a mistake in the forwardline ..its different to making an error in the backline.. How will handle it when we are under duress.

I see Jordan Lewis is backing a call for a minimum exclusion of 4 weeks after a concussion.

I'm down with that......as long as that becomes the minimum ban for any player found guilty of initiating the contact deliberately.

I see Jordan Lewis is backing a call for a minimum exclusion of 4 weeks after a concussion.

I'm down with that......as long as that becomes the minimum ban for any player found guilty of initiating the contact deliberately.
I actually think that whatever the call for minimum exclusion is the suspension should be that +1 week minimum.

So if you have to sit out being concussed for 4 weeks the suspension is a minimum of 5 weeks.

These numbers are examples of course.

Using the current numbers would be out for a week =Suspended for at least 2 weeks.

I actually think that whatever the call for minimum exclusion is the suspension should be that +1 week minimum.

So if you have to sit out being concussed for 4 weeks the suspension is a minimum of 5 weeks.

These numbers are examples of course.

Using the current numbers would be out for a week =Suspended for at least 2 weeks.

Agreed.

I'd even push that out to minimum exclusion period + 2 weeks.

One extra week for the 'intent' doesn't seem enough to me.

Make it + 2, so a guilty player is out for 6 weeks (assuming 4 week minimum) and the grubby acts will all but disappear I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a more punchable face in the AFL than Tom Lynch ? (Apart from Tom Papley of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back