Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah well, there's always the Friday night blockbuster.

It's the cricket for me tonight.
no_words_homer_into_brush.gif

I don’t have anything against Carlton and would like them to do reasonably well next few years but I think they’d be up there with having the most pressure on them.

Partly because of our rise this year and largely because the media love smelling a bit of blood in the water - especially an easy target.

Will be interesting to see how much slack they are afforded if results don’t go their way!

Umpire #12 is just a terrible umpire. He watches Ben Stratton constantly punch Charlie all game and does nothing but laugh yet then gives Oliver a free kick for nothing more than a push in the chest. He is just about as clueless as the worst umpire who I need not name.

I don’t have anything against Carlton and would like them to do reasonably well next few years but I think they’d be up there with having the most pressure on them.

Partly because of our rise this year and largely because the media love smelling a bit of blood in the water - especially an easy target.

Will be interesting to see how much slack they are afforded if results don’t go their way!

I reckon there will be hit pieces on Teague by round 8 next year

I reckon there will be hit pieces on Teague by round 8 next year
I posted on the main board that nearing the end of next season one of the caretaker coaches appointed full time ie. Shaw/Teague and IMO Ratten will get the job, will be under extreme heat, no way 3 out of 3 appointments like that work out for the good.

That will be the time for Vossy to get another go somewhere and he'll make a really good fist of it this time IMO.

Think he still has some credit in the bank from 2018. If Melbourne aren't doing any better in 2020 expect some heat to come his way

Probably though I can't recall a one year turnaround that poor from a top 4 club seemingly entering their window ever. Signed up to 2022 too so if they perform like this next year it's going to be costly to boot him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sacking of coaches has become way more difficult with the tighter soft cap. If you sack a coach earning 6-700K a year with years remaining on their contract then that salary counts towards your soft cap of 9.5mill for as long as the contract period.

I think Pyke would be gone at the crows next year and Goodwin could be fired mid next year if they fail. However having 3 years left on your deal really impacts when you will fire and hire a new coach. Could effectively be using 1.4M+ of the 9.5M cap on the “head coach” position.

It’s really a downfall of the soft cap rules and it really wouldn’t surprise me if Shaw was offered ridiculously low salary to coach Norf considering they have 700K on the books for Brad Scott next year.

AFL should look at this IMO

Our crowds last few years don't look so bad when you see last nights crowd of 23K for an MCG Friday night game.
Yep, fair weather and bandwagon supporters are still just that irrespective of what team they follow.

Hence why membership numbers are utterly laughable and offer no true reflection of a teams support particularly from cotton on supporters that will stick by a club through thick and thin.

What I hate about bandwagoners is that they usually have no interest in the game, they're just at the game to get drunk/cause trouble. I notice it's when we have the sell-out games with lots of people that the violence and bad behaviour suddenly appears and I hate it.

If you're going to come to the footy, don't be an f-wit.

Crows just utter trash. Can't say a lot because I've been more focused on our win but every time I look up they're ******* up or the Pies score just increasing. Thank God we won today and don't have to rely on other teams winning to keep us in the top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back