Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an overreaction by the pies for mine. He doesn't work for the club or represent it. Good bad or ugly, his opinions are his own.

I guess that's the media landscape we find ourselves in now. Given the events of the last month or so with Collingwood, if they don't say something about it, it becomes a news story. Collingwood fail to condemn racist remarks by ex-cheer squad leader etc etc.

It isn't an over reaction. The problem is, he is a very well known face of the club, even if he isn't a current member or officially involved with the club, pretty much everyone knows of him and which club he is tied to. If it was some random i doubt they would have said boo.

Imagine following Joffa on Twitter.

And seriously with the substance of his comments is it too much to ask for some facts or premise Dylan12 or are you cool with just floating that out there like a $50 dollar note on some fishing line

Port being included and The Lions not is what amuses me.
Apparently Gill was up in SEQLD this week, and reported on Fox sounding out the Premier regarding Hubs in the event that there are further COVID 19 Lockdowns. That could mean a few tipsters switch to the Lions.

FWIW- I hope for everyone, especially Victorians there are no further lockdowns, although the Vic: upper house just passed legislation to extend emergency declarations by the Premier when required.

It has nothing to do with racism but I forgot how holier than thou you are. :rolleyes:
But it does if you are talking about one group of people, and identifying them by some sort of visual feature or country of origin.

If you are talking about people in general, then it’s as individuals, on a case by case basis.

If you want to talk about how one particular culture influences how individuals from that culture interact within another culture, that’s a different type of discussion.

But you need to have a comprehensive knowledge of the culture being discussed, and be careful of the language used.

And preface that not everyone does behave the same, and your points don’t tar everyone with the same brush.

I haven't said what I really think to explain why, but I know it'll upset all of you apologists and sympathisers out there.

Mate - whilst I appreciate the effort you put into this site, you have some opinions that are far from the norm, and are always up for a keyboard confrontation - which I accept in football discussion.

But if you start bringing this racist crap to a football discussion forum, you can bugger off, as far as I am concerned.

Mate - whilst I appreciate the effort you put into this site, you have some opinions that are far from the norm, and are always up for a keyboard confrontation - which I accept in football discussion.

But if you start bringing this racist crap to a football discussion forum, you can bugger off, as far as I am concerned.
Nothing racist whatsoever and I'm insulted with your comment, but if you knew the half of what goes on in retirement villages, particularly by the employees of these joints, then I doubt you'd be so offended by my post whilst ignoring what goes on, but hey, better off sticking your head in the sand and not knowing.

Like I recommend to everyone, if you don't like what I post, use the ignore function, I welcome anyone uses it.

The less I say the better, however, Joffa isn't too far off the mark, but I know a lot of sensitive people on here's feelings will be hurt, so I'll refrain.

Yeah this isn't trolling 😂

Nothing racist whatsoever and I'm insulted with your comment, but if you knew the half of what goes on in retirement villages, particularly by the employees of these joints, then I doubt you'd be so offended by my post whilst ignoring what goes on, but hey, better off sticking your head in the sand and not knowing.

Like I recommend to everyone, if you don't like what I post, use the ignore function, I welcome anyone uses it.
So you've expanded to all employees of aged care facilities, is that a retraction?

So you've expanded to all employees of aged care facilities, is that a retraction?

A feckless and cowardly shifting of the goal posts is the closest you can expect to a retraction.

We've given a fair bit of leeway in random discussions over the last few months. It's a bit of a tradition given it's the off-season, as there's bloody little to talk about otherwise.

However given we're about to head into the season proper, starting with a proper preseason game this weekend, it's time to focus back on footy.

If you want to derail threads, take it to the appropriate thread in The Den or the appropriate BF board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching that saints blues game I dont mind the new man on the mark rule as much as I thought I would. Still think it looks absolutely hilarious to have the unmoving player on the mark but if the umps keep calling play on more quickly it really seems to make play faster and open up the field. Also thought it was interesting that they were very strict about calling the player as on the mark to prevent teams zoning off.

I was originally sceptical but it could actually lead to a more watchable game for neutral supporters. Will be good to see how it shakes out as the season progresses

Pretty forceful on calling play on at any step off the line tonight, which is good. It actually feels like that will make more of an improvement in getting things moving than forcing a player to stand still on the mark - there were a few cases where someone found themselves forced up tempo because they started playing on and then changed their mind too late versus only one kick I saw which was obviously enabled by the rule change - a 45 degree kick from two metres behind the mark that couldn't be stopped any more.

Bit wary of needless rule changes that make games higher scoring for higher scoring's sake. On the + though it has instantly and completely eliminated the holding which I did find very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back