Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Wallis that was sickening. Was it his kicking his own leg that did the damage? Couldnt tell as my eyes arent what they use to be.

soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/afl-rd-18-tim-hodges-describes-the-gut-wrenching-scenes-in-the-bulldogs-rooms-with-the-injury-to-mitch-wallis

:'(

Man even the reporter was on the verge of tears. Must have been horrific. Sending all my good vibes towards the WB and their fans.

Sickening injury for young Wallis and i really hope he comes back strongly when he does return. Last night might have been the end of the Doggies Premiership aspirations. You need everything going for you come finals time and the fact that Etihad doesn't host a final can't be good for them either. Tom Boyd needs to start earning his keep.

I was listening to some footy talk back and boy the Doggy fans are not happy with Suckling. We might have dodged a bullet not getting him in the end.

Did anyone else think that Reiwoldts reaction to the fan patting him on the shoulder was a bit over the top? I'm aware it's not encouraged because it can set a precedent, but geez it was just a respectful pat with no malice from a footy fan and Reiwoldt fired up like the guy tried to headbutt him. I like Reiwoldt,great player,but he looked a bit precious I thought.

He was within his rights - blanket ban on contact cos where do you draw the line?
Yeah I know,understandably you don't want everyone doing it,but I imagine it was pretty standard fare back in the day. Wasn't worth mouthing off at a bloke for in my opinion

Did anyone else think that Reiwoldts reaction to the fan patting him on the shoulder was a bit over the top? I'm aware it's not encouraged because it can set a precedent, but geez it was just a respectful pat with no malice from a footy fan and Reiwoldt fired up like the guy tried to headbutt him. I like Reiwoldt,great player,but he looked a bit precious I thought.

Disagree totally. Players are entitled to draw that line. In fact, everybody is. We'd all probably snap at someone we didn't know who randomly decided to touch us in a tense situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree totally. Players are entitled to draw that line. In fact, everybody is. We'd all probably snap at someone we didn't know who randomly decided to touch us in a tense situation.
I'd like to think I'd react to the touch dependant on the intent and individual situation. In that case it looked to me as though Reiwoldt came crashing (mildly) into the fence and the fan lightly gave him a "good effort" pat on the back. Worthy of a mild look back at best I'd have thought.

Our impression of the incident was that Nick over-reacted thinking the guy was being abusive physically, when in fact the guy was putting out a steadying hand thinking Nick was going to land on the fence or over it, which he looked like doing.

Hmm, anything other than a blanket "don't touch" rule and you have an immediate slippery slope.
Yeah understandable. Just thought Reiwoldts reaction was a bit overkill. I also think someone in that section may have yelled something at him and he thought it was the same guy that touched him.

Anyone have a link?

Agree the players shouldnt be touched. But not sure whats happened here so i cant make a full judgement. Only time its acceptable is if they are running the boundary for high 5s.

If he was helping to brace riewoldt or any player from smashing over the fence and hurting themselves or other fans then thats fine.

People shouldn't forget how tense players are during games, absolute stupidity to put your hands on a league footballer.

I daresay if that happened at a local level things might have gotten worse. White line fever is legit.

Anyone have a link?

Agree the players shouldnt be touched. But not sure whats happened here so i cant make a full judgement. Only time its acceptable is if they are running the boundary for high 5s.

If he was helping to brace riewoldt or any player from smashing over the fence and hurting themselves or other fans then thats fine.
Don't have a link but, the ball went over the boundary, Roo was nudged and ended up near the fence at no real velocity, as he turned to walk back to the contest a fan gave him a pat on the back of the shoulder. Wasn't happy.

Don't have a link but, the ball went over the boundary, Roo was nudged and ended up near the fence at no real velocity, as he turned to walk back to the contest a fan gave him a pat on the back of the shoulder. Wasn't happy.
Yeah shouldnt of happened. Probably not enough for a blow up. But we as fans have to understand we cant invade their space. These are people on edge in the field of battle so to speak.

I love seeing the moments where players run into the crowd after a big goal or big win ala hirdy and nic nat. But thats player instigated and normally at family and or friends.

Id hate to see anything happen like back in the days of the fans running on the pitch. Just doesnt seem right anymore.

Yeah shouldnt of happened. Probably not enough for a blow up. But we as fans have to understand we cant invade their space. These are people on edge in the field of battle so to speak.

I love seeing the moments where players run into the crowd after a big goal or big win ala hirdy and nic nat. But thats player instigated and normally at family and or friends.

Id hate to see anything happen like back in the days of the fans running on the pitch. Just doesnt seem right anymore.
Yeah I think those days are long gone. Maybe for 100 goals in the season, but that's about it. That's not likely to happen until Schache turns about 24/25 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back