Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at the Hawks here - they are a shadow of their former selves but credit to them they keep trying to bring the ball back through the corridor - they have turned it over half a dozen times but still keep trying. It's the footprint for our side i guess. You have to wear the mistakes until you no longer make them. I am sure Fagan will be drumming this into the side. He mentioned it in the presser.

Also, have a look at the Hawks here because it's fun watching them play badly.

I hope the Cats smash them.....more so because of a Hawks poster on the main board gameday thread for us yesterday, said the Lions should be booted from the league etc.

I had a bit of to and fro with him and told him I hoped they got smashed, so fingers crossed the Cats do it for me..

I hope the Cats smash them.....more so because of a Hawks poster on the main board gameday thread for us yesterday, said the Lions should be booted from the league etc.

I had a bit of to and fro with him and told him I hoped they got smashed, so fingers crossed the Cats do it for me..

Do you remember what name he went by ? I feel like stirring :)

I was really, really wrong about the Hawks. Didn't think they would slide like this in 2017. Thought they'd still be around the tail end of the top 8. Bottom 4 and no first round pick. They need to bring in a dynamite free agent in the off-season. Might be hard to attract one if the short term doesn't look more attractive though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St.Kilda board are up and about! I couldn't believe Hawthorn did that trade last year - and it isn't ageing well - beyond Hawthorn's worst case scenario now.

St.Kilda board are up and about! I couldn't believe Hawthorn did that trade last year - and it isn't ageing well - beyond Hawthorn's worst case scenario now.
So amused about Hawthorn people now shouting for pick protection. Still no idea why the AFL even tick off the trade

Done!

you can not replace champions like Sam Mitchell and with Hodge, Burgoyne, Gibson all likely in their last year it's not going to get any better. heaven knows we couldn't replace Voss, Black, Akermanis, Lappin, Lynch, Brown, Bradshaw etc etc...

when you list the names like that gee we were such a better team when looking back on both eras in retrospect.:);)

Tom Mitchell, Jeager O'Meara and Tyrone Vickery may have chosen the wrong time to go to the hawks.

you can not replace champions like Sam Mitchell and with Hodge, Burgoyne, Gibson all likely in their last year it's not going to get any better. heaven knows we couldn't replace Voss, Black, Akermanis, Lappin, Lynch, Brown, Bradshaw etc etc...

when you list the names like that gee we were such a better team when looking back on both eras in retrospect.:);)

Tom Mitchell, Jeager O'Meara and Tyrone Vickery may have chosen the wrong time to go to the hawks.
I'm really going to enjoy O'Meara losing.

Some Hawks fans, who probably weren't even on Big Footy when they started their era at the top, now seem a bit surprised that it isn't such a fun place when people say mean things about your team! The irony of their whinging about umpires!!

The cupboard really is quite bare for them too I think. There doesn't seem a whole lot of real talent coming through and they have a long wait to get top end draft picks. Or they trade super-aggressively to get some in this year.

They don't really have that much that I would be interested in to be honest. Mitchell is the one but he will be off limits. Rioli might attract some attention or a team at the top might find a use for Smith, Gunston or Bruest to round out their squad. Not sure I would give up a first rounder for any of them, Rioli maybe, just because he fills a need.

Some Hawks fans, who probably weren't even on Big Footy when they started their era at the top, now seem a bit surprised that it isn't such a fun place when people say mean things about your team! The irony of their whinging about umpires!!

The cupboard really is quite bare for them too I think. There doesn't seem a whole lot of real talent coming through and they have a long wait to get top end draft picks. Or they trade super-aggressively to get some in this year.

They don't really have that much that I would be interested in to be honest. Mitchell is the one but he will be off limits. Rioli might attract some attention or a team at the top might find a use for Smith, Gunston or Bruest to round out their squad. Not sure I would give up a first rounder for any of them, Rioli maybe, just because he fills a need.
Rioli turns 28 later this year, still would have 4-5 years left in him after this year although the big caveat on that would be if he has the desire still after 4 flags. Chris Fagan would know his temperament really well. i would take him but not for a first rounder. you never know he could turn out to be our Eddie Betts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back