Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
You do have to wonder why Lobbe would turn it on today, some magic elixir, or did he decide to fire up after yesterday's debacle so he would be picked against the Dees next week?
He had a good game today no doubt and Ken may very well pick him next week.
Mitchell had an outstanding game today but we know his limits and as for Lobbe i've seen too much for too long.

fVWBYNm.png

g2aZVR8.png

Nov 5, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well, I guess Lobbe is back in. Hopefully he can play well enough for a few weeks to suck Richmond or the Dogs into giving up something good for him.

If Lobbe can get back to his 2014 form I have no problems with him staying on the list. This year we were exposed by our ruck depth (in a pretty extraordinary situation, it must be said), and with Ryder not playing for 12 months the chance of an injury or form dip is high.

Unless we can get something of value AND a back up ruck I don't think there's value in trading him.

port always

All Australian
Mar 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Lobbe can get back to his 2014 form I have no problems with him staying on the list. This year we were exposed by our ruck depth (in a pretty extraordinary situation, it must be said), and with Ryder not playing for 12 months the chance of an injury or form dip is high.

Unless we can get something of value AND a back up ruck I don't think there's value in trading him.

You can only play as good as your opposition allows..only North but well done Lobbes..not sure this is a form turn around tho

TheBeardAmigos

Brownlow Medallist
May 15, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You can only play as good as your opposition allows..only North but well done Lobbes..not sure this is a form turn around tho
he was moving really well and his 2014-esque 2nd efforts were back. Also took 6 marks and laid a game high 11 tackles! 19 touches and 48 hitouts to go with it!
Was great to see!

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That North ruck is well rated though. Crows are today praising their second ruck who played against Brisbane's seconds. Let's at least give credit where credit is due to Lobbe. Last time I saw him play he looked very slow, he looked cooked and I thought his injuries had finished him off. But, he looked a different player today. He rounded up the mids too before each centre bounce and told them his plan and directed them into position.

port always

All Australian
Mar 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That North ruck is well rated though. Crows are today praising their second ruck who played against Brisbane's seconds. Let's at least give credit where credit is due to Lobbe. Last time I saw him play he looked very slow, he looked cooked and I thought his injuries had finished him off. But, he looked a different player today. He rounded up the mids too before each centre bounce and told them his plan and directed them into position.

Agreed

Dalphonso

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2009
Alice Springs NT
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Territory Thunder,Waratahs FC
Mitchell's numbers are always good in the SANFL but his disposal is not AFL standard. I can see it now, in for the demons game will be Lobbe and Mitchell.
Ken said yesterday none of our skills are up to AFL standard.Well whos fault is that Kenny?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have been watching the live stream between jobs, I have noted two things so far.
1. Lobbe is a monster again - his form from even last week has gone up 100%, and
2. What have the so call commentators got against Port number 7' Louis Sharrad! It's getting pretty close to slander!
Love Sharrad as a player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back