Rumour North Melbourne FC in disarray?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky you'd "choose" b) every single time but you must also realise you must "choose" a) every single time as well. Alphabetical lists are hard though.

Who is LDU is he anything like Gavin Urqhart(sp?)? I thought this years draft was weak which is why the clubs with direction were happy to dish out their 1st picks to bolster their lists.

Why are you masquerading as a Sydney supporter? Never mind. Gone.

I'm sure they're kicking themselves.

They knew the dire predicament they were in if he left, and they acted accordingly.

I don't knock them for that.

However, they are in NO position to point and laugh at North, or anyone else for that matter.

I don't know how the salary cap works, that's an interesting change of tack.

Your dullard rating is very similar to Sir_Loin. Gone.

Plenty of (t)raids fall over for one reason or another.

Do you seriously believe that a) losing Dustin Martin but b) saving $1.3 mill and grabbing LDU, is some great loss in the big scheme of things?

I have to tell you, if I had a choice I would take b) every single time.

Wouldn't you?

As good as he will become all clubs get a great first round player so including that in your little rant is pointless, and at the end of the day I'm stoked we got Higgins and would prefer him over LDU, AND we still have Martin

They knew the dire predicament they were in if he left, and they acted accordingly.

I don't knock them for that.

However, they are in NO position to point and laugh at North, or anyone else for that matter.

Considering they've just secured a flag - 70K members and the kept 3 picks in the top 30 after premiership year, I'd say they are in a position to point and laugh.

Your dullard rating is very similar to Sir_Loin. Gone.

This is an easy option for you, I get it, but it's still average.

Considering they've just secured a flag - 70K members and the kept 3 picks in the top 30 after premiership year, I'd say they are in a position to point and laugh.
Not that difficult to mount a argument that we hit the draft harder this year as well with effectively 4 players from the top 30 when you include Patrick Naish in the F/S compared to pick 4, 23 and a heap of junk picks for a rebuilding squad.

there are more richmond melts here than when we beat them in the elimination final in 2015, it's hilarious.
Oh gee,my thats a low blow. Bringing up an elimination final three seasons ago.
In case you forgot , Richmond WON the grand final last year.
This winning status is current.
North fans are laughable.

URRR DEERRR RICHMOND WON THE PREMIERSHIP SO YOU'RE WRONG.

a dees poster replying to a north poster, in a north related thread, whom was making an observation about the number of richmond melts occuring in said thread. :drunk::drunk:

you're incapable of any sort of comprehension. please read my original comment, and try again.

See, this is what's wrong with the North Melbourne supporter thinking in this thread: "Carlton, Brisbane, Melbourne are s**t and will never get out of the s**t, while North Melbourne is all about success, so we'll be back in the finals as early as 2019. We have nothing to learn from their mistakes. No worries!" :drunk:

You do know that all of those clubs were once powerhouses, right? I'm sure you were all just as disdainful of Richmond supporters' opinions until a couple of months ago. Who am I kidding, you still are!

Things change, and unless you get it right, things can go south very quickly. Outside looking in, North is not getting it right. They need to be smashing drafts to get as many high quality kids in the door as possible, not taking picks 4, 23, 62, 72 and ******* Billy Hartung. Of course, I could be wrong about that, but having seen my club make a lot of mistakes over the past decade, I think I'm on a firmer footing than, "North have a culture of success, so we'll be fine."

And just on that; "Culture of Success"? Really? Four premierships total, no grand finals for 19 years, a couple of fluked prelims recently, lowest supporter base, selling games to Tasmania to stay afloat... the misplaced conceit is quite breathtaking.

Errr melbourne has been a powerhouse: Errr dude i've been in aus since 1996, i dunno about you but powerhouse implies strong performance over many years. Travis Johnstone was my school buddy and he was no.1 draft pick, i wonder which club he went to and why? Of course you can dig up the history book and say but back in 1895..... errr australia didn't exist back then, at least not politically.

Need to smash draft with highest possible draft pick: that line alone gives you away as tank as much as possible and get as many top picks as possible. GWS or a team of top 10 players, how did they go? It's about roles, a pick 4 is more than you need, the rest is about developing the support players, without better word the B graders, hartung, hrovat, williams, aidan, are the perfect B graders as you get them for almost nothing and they play their role. Top pick means not a lot if there is no support and no winning culture. I distinctively remember carlton had 5 top 3 picks in the same team, how did they go?

Fluked prelim: i'd like to see melbourne or the other team gathering top picks fluke one prelim.

No grand finals for 19 years: How did your esteemed club go in a GF last time you played? heard it was a 10 goal smashing. How did we go in the few grand finals we played in? Surely we fluked them...

Selling games to tasmania: surely you have lived in a house with a backyard?

Staying aflot: Previous 9 outta 10 years profiting, surely the management is terrible by AFL standard.

a dees poster replying to a north poster, in a north related thread, whom was making an observation about the number of richmond melts occuring in said thread. :drunk::drunk:

you're incapable of any sort of comprehension. please read my original comment, and try again.
Yeah, Richmond are current premiers and North are nobodies going nowhere.
Got it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because North are in for a lean trot does not mean Melbourne supporters cannot comment or have an opinion.
Think us Claret sippers have got under a few Roo skins.
Can you see how defensive you all are, I think it is funny.

As good as he will become all clubs get a great first round player so including that in your little rant is pointless.....

I agree to a point Bazz, but we got THE player we needed.

I rated LDU the best pure inside/outside midfielder in the draft and I never believed in my wildest dreams that he would slip past pick 2.

We got lucky.

.....and at the end of the day I'm stoked we got Higgins and would prefer him over LDU...

This is where your credibility fell over.

Just because North are in for a lean trot does not mean Melbourne supporters cannot comment or have an opinion.
Think us Claret sippers have got under a few Roo skins.
Can you see how defensive you all are, I think it is funny.
Frankly, you all look like knobs.

Yeah, Richmond are current premiers and North are nobodies going nowhere.
Got it!

nope. however, using your own logic, richmond won the premiership so that means you're wrong - am i doing it right?

btw, we all know why you're here, in every negative north thread a few godee's supporters (quite a few in comparison to your tiny membership numbers) are always bitter about the pantsing north give you twice a year.

there are more richmond melts here than when we beat them in the elimination final in 2015, it's hilarious.

Don't mistake melting from pointing and laughing at delusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't mistake melting from pointing and laughing at delusion.

He must have a different understanding of what melting means, the only melting I've seen has come from him and others of his kind.

He must have a different understanding of what melting means, the only melting I've seen has come from him and others of his kind.

Yes. His kind. It's a freak show on the MB. Richmond has mentally broken some supporter bases.

Yes. His kind. It's a freak show on the MB. Richmond has mentally broken some supporter bases.

The moment the Cats ran out onto the G for the QF the power of the Tiger crowd broke the Geelong players, they were mentally set back. Dangerfield even made that comment to Matty Lloyd.

Whilst talented, Higgins is slow and is not a very good kick.

There's no way a sane buyer would overlook LDU for him at the yearling sales.

First off, where did I say either player was better than the other?

Unlike North we aren't in desperate rebuild stage, we picked for the need to build-on a Premiership winning side.

Higgins is a player the same height/weight as Cousins, Kerr, Mitchel etc, perfect for what we need, CH Data ranked him "number 1" for the draft based on ranking points, he went in with the highest ever average, 145 point "average" that's massive, and I would say there's never been an 18yo drafted who is as professional in his approach as this young bloke. He will be a star ready to go round 1

First off, where did I say either player was better than the other?

Unlike North we aren't in desperate rebuild stage, we picked for the need to build-on a Premiership winning side.

Yeah, but you were very bloody close. :D

Higgins is a player the same height/weight as Cousins, Kerr, Mitchel etc, perfect for what we need, CH Data ranked him "number 1" for the draft based on ranking points, he went in with the highest ever average, 145 point "average" that's massive, and I would say there's never been an 18yo drafted who is as professional in his approach as this young bloke. He will be a star ready to go round 1

He's every chance of being a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back