North to renew Brad Scott contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Brad needs to position the side to win specific lots of games this year.

Our entire year will come down to 16/17 games they break down like this

13 at Etihad
2 in Hobart
1 at Metricon Stadium
1 at the Gabba

Out of those games we need 14+ wins everything else is bonus. We need to go from largely unbeatable at Etihad in 2012 to owning the joint every time we run out there in 2013.

the MCG games
the Subi games
the Aami game

I am not counting these as losses I am saying that we need to be in a situation where we can be competitive in these games maybe we win maybe we don't but still make finals regardless of them.

I'm not hearing this. At what point does the draw cease to be an excuse?

We beat 3 sides in the top 8 last year and we should have beaten 4.

13 wins is a bare C grade for North in 2013.

Anything less is a fail.
We are still a year or two away. If I get a 2012 I will be happy. Best football in 12 years.

Ok? Gee the 2nd half of 2012 was the best most exciting football we have played since the Carey era. We were much better than ok - 9-2 - only us and the Hawks went 9-2 for the 2nd half of the year. Good move by the club - end of the day we have 3 coaches since 1993 - we aren't Richmond.

We actually got smashed in 2 of our last 3 games.

We were ok last year. We finished 8th in a league of 18..... I'm not sure what metrics you measure excellence by - but for me that is ok, middle of the road.... Par if you will.

We aren't Richmond mate.

We are still a year or two away. If I get a 2012 I will be happy. Best football in 12 years.

No doubt. We were wonderful in patches.

And it was very exciting and awesome.... And it felt a bit like 93, but we should be aiming higher.

We actually got smashed in 2 of our last 3 games.

We were ok last year. We finished 8th in a league of 18..... I'm not sure what metrics you measure excellence by - but for me that is ok, middle of the road.... Par if you will.

We aren't Richmond mate.
I have not enjoyed a year as much as 2012 since 1999. Young, fast and exciting with so many games that are great to watch in the long off season. Your glass is half empty mine is half full. We got flogged in 93 in an elimination final as well. We are going in the right direction.

I thought it was obvious we were running out of steam at the end, we struggled against GWS as well.

Yep, the two back to back blockbuster wins v the Pies and Bummers seemed to draw the last of our energy reserves for 2012. We seemed unstoppable! But alas, we'd exhausted every ounce of effort to that point, as proven in subsequent weeks.

I look forward to that feeling of invincibility returning in 2013!

Yep, the two back to back blockbuster wins v the Pies and Bummers seemed to draw the last of our energy reserves for 2012. We seemed unstoppable! But alas, we'd exhausted every ounce of effort to that point, as proven in subsequent weeks.

I look forward to that feeling of invincibility returning in 2013!

100% agree. It reminded so much of 1993. We were spent leading into the final round after playing some of the best football that year - we lost to the Dogs, (who did not play finals) which cost us the double chance and we were thumped in our Elimination final by West Coast.

But alas, we'd exhausted every ounce of effort to that point, as proven in subsequent weeks.
Hence the comments made by Archer. 1993 was very similar. We should've finished top, or at least near the top but arsed it up against Footscray, and lost a few players in the process. Went into the final against West Coast out at Waverley and lost a few more and never really looked like it anyway from the first bounce. But it made them hungrier and hungrier and that's what this group needs to do, not be overawed by it. It's one of the reasons why I knew in 1996 we were never going to lose the flag even when we were 25pts down. Guts talent and hunger. The oldest recipe for success known.

Good luck to Scott with the 3 year extension, obviously the club is very satisfied with the job he is doing. Although no doubt it is a risk to extend for 3 years with a year to run, we saw what happened at Essendon.

However Scott's quip with respect to best culture in the AFL is a bit rich. Firstly he has been at 3-4 clubs and secondly anyone remember the Wayne Carey affair?

Hence the comments made by Archer. 1993 was very similar. We should've finished top, or at least near the top but arsed it up against Footscray, and lost a few players in the process. Went into the final against West Coast out at Waverley and lost a few more and never really looked like it anyway from the first bounce. But it made them hungrier and hungrier and that's what this group needs to do, not be overawed by it. It's one of the reasons why I knew in 1996 we were never going to lose the flag even when we were 25pts down. Guts talent and hunger. The oldest recipe for success known.

That 93 elimination was disappointing, but people need to remember that we went within a kick of the grand final in 94.

This is why I don't understand the whole, "well, maybe we'll play finals in 2013, maybe not. 12 wins will be a good result" thinking.

This side is ready to go BANG in a big way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although no doubt it is a risk to extend for 3 years with a year to run, we saw what happened at Essendon.
We talking Sheedy? Well 6 years is not quite 27.
However Scott's quip with respect to best culture in the AFL is a bit rich. Firstly he has been at 3-4 clubs and secondly anyone remember the Wayne Carey affair?
If he's been at 3-4 clubs then the odds are he'd have an idea about different clubs culture, and the only affair I can recall regarding Wayne Carey is, as a 21 year old, he took Tim Watson, Mark Harvey and Derek Kickett to the cleaners on a friday night back in 1993, and on a few occasions all at once.

Well 6 years is not quite 27.
If he's been at 3-4 clubs then the odds are he'd have an idea about different clubs culture, and the only affair I can recall regarding Wayne Carey is, as a 21 year old, he took Tim Watson, Mark Harvey and Derek Kickett to the cleaners on a friday night back in 1993, and on a few occasions all at once.

Was actually talking about extending Knights tenure with a year to run not Sheedy. Sheedy won as many flags at Essendon as North has won period.

One man's folly does not dictate a club culture. In fact I think you'll find our culture was fully underlined during that period of turmoil.

Now run along. I'm sure there's more news on Essendon drug scandals to read about. Maybe Dyson and the boys have made a Harlem Shake video all you little fanboi's can pull yourselves over.

Good luck to Scott with the 3 year extension, obviously the club is very satisfied with the job he is doing. Although no doubt it is a risk to extend for 3 years with a year to run, we saw what happened at Essendon.

Quite a display of courage in posting that here, which is frankly a bit of a surprise considering your namesake.

But what's really impressive is an Essendon supporter feeling like they're in a position to comment on ANY club's culture right now. Amazing.

You are going back 12 years. Recent history has shown that we are miles in front of your team. Hurley, Hibberd and now with your club imploding and you want to question our culture??

We are not Essendon thank god!! You got flogged in an elimination final and finished 14th the following year - a sign of a truly weak minded organisation. Zero chance we will finish 14th this year - a lot of that has to do with our culture.

OK. But I think Scott has a better list to play with.

He may very well have, guess we will find out soon enough. Although like Knight's team Roos so far have been very easy to score against. Only 5 teams conceded more points than the Roos last season.

Testing draw for 2013 will provide an accurate depiction of where Roos are at. If they back up in the finals again will be a fabulous achievement.

You are going back 12 years. Recent history has shown that we are miles in front of your team. Hurley, Hibberd and now with your club imploding and you want to question our culture??

We are not Essendon thank god!! You got flogged in an elimination final and finished 14th the following year - a sign of a truly weak minded organisation. Zero chance we will finish 14th this year - a lot of that has to do with our culture.

Remember Aaron Edwards, Shannon Grant, Lindsay Thomas, Matt Campbell, Majak Daw, guess not.

He may very well have, guess we will find out soon enough. Although like Knight's team Roos so far have been very easy to score against. Only 5 teams conceded more points than the Roos last season.

Testing draw for 2013 will provide an accurate depiction of where Roos are at. If they back up in the finals again will be a fabulous achievement.
Yeah, I guess all that's fair enough.

We finish above 14th and our list is better.

You want to discuss our poor start to the year. What about our 2nd half - no one was scoring againts us exept for Freo.

2nd half of the year:

For 1210 Aginst 953 = 9 wins 2 losses 126%

Idiot.

Remember Aaron Edwards, Shannon Grant, Lindsay Thomas, Matt Campbell, Majak Daw, guess not.
I have to take issue here. These guys just got on the piss a bit too much. And apart from Edwards and Campbell, who are no longer at the club, generally it was a one off. They weren't on the drugs - prescribed or non-prescribed. And none of them, to anyone's knowledge, have been accused of mixing with underworld figures.

That 93 elimination was disappointing, but people need to remember that we went within a kick of the grand final in 94.

This is why I don't understand the whole, "well, maybe we'll play finals in 2013, maybe not. 12 wins will be a good result" thinking.

This side is ready to go BANG in a big way.

I do agree this team is on the verge. Some of the foooty we played last year was sublime.

The one thing that team had opposed this current line up is the greatest player of all time. Plus a pretty hand addition to the '93 team who makes NicNat look like Ray Gabelich.

13 wins would be a good result. And don't forget, 13 wins has, and will again get you a top 6 spot as the comp evens up somewhat and the s**t teams get more competitive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back