North to renew Brad Scott contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Thommo, LT, Patch and Grima have now arrived as fully fledged senior players to assist Spitta, Boomer, Drew, Spud, Scotty Mac and Wellsy.

There is 10 undoubted senior players.

The class of 2008 can now be deemed fully fledged senior players and must pick up some more responsibility.

Speight, and to a lesser extent Car Keys, are under the pump.

Todd, Levi, Lachie and Robbie must also stand up consistently now.

That's 18+ players right there. No more excuses. Nil.

Cunners, Basti and J-Mac are tracking nicely. That's 21+ players.

Majak and Black need to show something this year. Black in particular.

Atley and Harper are certain starters. That's 23+ players.

Gibson has been a great ready to go pickup with Mullet, Jacobs and Gysberts rounding out the group.

24 to ~28-30 players.

I see absolutely no reason as to why a strong showing should not be expected.

We can't expect the team to do dramatically better than they did last year. Improve yes, skyrocket, no. With our much harder draw, I'd be happy with making finals.

Win a final and I'd be stoked with the year. Anything more than that and I'll grin from ear to ear all off season.

I'm not in the get rid of Scott category because that would be ridiculous, on a number of fronts, but assuming Simpson would coach as he played is as ridiculous. Did you ever watch Pagan play? I can assure you it wasn't the free flowing skill based, high flying way you saw North when he coached them. In the latter years it was the same with Sheedy. Essendon under Sheedy were the complete opposite to how he was as a player.

No I never got to see Pagan play, but I get the point in your post.

Thommo, LT, Patch and Grima have now arrived as fully fledged senior players to assist Spitta, Boomer, Drew, Spud, Scotty Mac and Wellsy.

There is 10 undoubted senior players.

The class of 2008 can now be deemed fully fledged senior players and must pick up some more responsibility.

Speight, and to a lesser extent Car Keys, are under the pump.

Todd, Levi, Lachie and Robbie must also stand up consistently now.

That's 18+ players right there. No more excuses. Nil.

Cunners, Basti and J-Mac are tracking nicely. That's 21+ players.

Majak and Black need to show something this year. Black in particular.

Atley and Harper are certain starters. That's 23+ players.

Gibson has been a great ready to go pickup with Mullet, Jacobs and Gysberts rounding out the group.

24 to ~28-30 players.

I see absolutely no reason as to why a strong showing should not be expected.

Agree with most of that, Robbie needs to stand up but might still take another year or so to be truly consistent. No excuses for Todd. Basi good but a year or two away - slow burn.

Grima doesn't play enough games to be useful ATM, that may change this year. Thomas is an out and out gun and well and truly a leader of the club. I reckon he'd be one of the most popular players around the joint (no inner scrote, just my impression) and I love him.

Majak is looking lively, Black is running out of time, he's not a key enough KPP to be struggling at this point in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North's triple delight

North Melbourne has received a major boost ahead of the NAB Cup, re-signing coach Brad Scott as well as two of its biggest stars to long-term deals.

Scott, who led the Kangaroos to their first finals campaign since 2008, has committed for a further three seasons beyond 2013.

"We, as a club, see Brad as the best young coach in football and a coach who has embraced the culture at North Melbourne," CEO Carl Dilena told NMFC.com.au.

"His commitment to be part of the future of the club is exciting, and we are confident he is the man to take North Melbourne to its fifth premiership."

Meanwhile, Daniel Wells has joined co vice-captain Jack Ziebell and Scott in signing on until the end of 2016.

"I said a little while back that I wanted to a Kangaroo for my entire career and this means I'm another step closer to that," Wells said.

"I've spend my entire footy life at North and couldn't be happier with where we are headed."

On Thursday, Ziebell also spoke of his intention to play out his career at Aegis Park.

"I'd like to be a one club player and it's important that you get looked after and North has been fantastic.

"The club's heading in a fantastic direction and I'm just thrilled to be a part of it."

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-02-21/norths-triple-delight

Amazed Cowro wasn't the one to break this story given her incredible thourthes.

Would've given him an extension to 2017, disappointed.

Would we have given him a 10 year extension if we'd been competitive in the finals last year?

Honestly wtf?

4 years.

I wish I could get a 4 year contract for being ok.
Ok? Gee the 2nd half of 2012 was the best most exciting football we have played since the Carey era. We were much better than ok - 9-2 - only us and the Hawks went 9-2 for the 2nd half of the year. Good move by the club - end of the day we have 3 coaches since 1993 - we aren't Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back