Norths list strategy. Genius or disaster?

Genius or Disaster?

• Smart list management

Votes: 87 40.8%
  • Terrible idea

Votes: 126 59.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantles last Priorty pick was 2001. Its 2023 now.

Also that is irrelevant too. Because the dockers were poorly run back then too. So no amount of 1st round picks would of helped the dockers in 1998-2001 without decent recruiters and development coaches.
Self-inflicted

Make Clarko take a pay cut first.

No club will sign off on soft cap assistance when they’ve got the most expensive coach in the comp.

This is Adam Simpson? There are rumours the AFL will make concessions to west coast regarding the soft cap when they move him on.

George-Hewett-Carlton%20+%20

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F63581066-bc36-4a36-9f95-fbd9a8b0951d

e3906965de2d6e8bb24f332fa94a5284

Lol. Justification again for the Nthn Academies. Thank you

Unless your name's Nick Daicos, draftees don't usually 'strengthen' the list for the following year. It's for 3-5 years down the track.

If you're expecting north to be 'stronger' next year because they got access to another 18 year old then well, it's little wonder North got into this mess to begin with.
You are completely missing the point by obsessing on the draft and what an individual pick may be issued for. At the start of each trade period each club has various assets that it uses to create a list for the following year. Mainly their existing players and their draft picks, both of which can be traded or kept. The better the assets a club has the stronger the list it can put together. A priority pick increases a club's assets and should result in a stronger list. It doesn't matter what the pick itself is used for. If traded for an established player it strengthens the list. If it used at the draft it frees up other picks to be used for player trades. In either case it strengthens the list for the following season.

You are completely missing the point by obsessing on the draft and what an individual pick may be issued for. At the start of each trade period each club has various assets that it uses to create a list for the following year. Mainly their existing players and their draft picks, both of which can be traded or kept. The better the assets a club has the stronger the list it can put together. A priority pick increases a club's assets and should result in a stronger list. It doesn't matter what the pick itself is used for. If traded for an established player it strengthens the list. If it used at the draft it frees up other picks to be used for player trades. In either case it strengthens the list for the following season.
Well, at least you've given a reasonable rationale other than 'draft Curtin/McKercher' or use it trade up to 1 for Reid.

LDU wouldn’t be in the best 30 players in the comp, and he has never had a season as good as what Cerra is having this year.

Would be hoping he has a massive year in 2024 where he plays 20+ quality games. Perceived ceiling doesn’t mean much when you’re heading into your 7th season. Time for some output.

I mean, there's a literal chasm between LDU and Cerra this year and that is despite a major injury and a slow return to it from LDU.

1691560018996.png

I mean, there's a literal chasm between LDU and Cerra this year and that is despite a major injury and a slow return to it from LDU.

View attachment 1769040

I like how you used only Wheelo Ratings, and not Stats Insider Ratings, or AFL ratings, or Coaches Votes, or any other analysis that might not suit what you believe.

Cerra is being spoken about as a potential AA player in 2023. LDU is having yet another almost year where we'd rather talk about his ceiling than the actual impact he is having week to week.

Hopefully LDU can provide more than 3.5 elite weeks in 2024, his ceiling is certainly massive (larger than Cerra's) and North really need him to start performing for 23 weeks of the season if they want to see improvement. Until he does I will refrain from calling him elite.

I like how you used only Wheelo Ratings, and not Stats Insider Ratings, or AFL ratings, or Coaches Votes, or any other analysis that might not suit what you believe.

Cerra is being spoken about as a potential AA player in 2023. LDU is having yet another almost year where we'd rather talk about his ceiling than the actual impact he is having week to week.

Hopefully LDU can provide more than 3.5 elite weeks in 2024, his ceiling is certainly massive (larger than Cerra's) and North really need him to start performing for 23 weeks of the season if they want to see improvement. Until he does I will refrain from calling him elite.
I want to throat punch myself for saying this

I agree with everything you’ve said in this post 👍

Hilarious, isn't it.

Wonder if Sphynx also reckons James Borlase would be North's 2nd best player. After all that's what the Wheelo Ratings show!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU wouldn’t be in the best 30 players in the comp, and he has never had a season as good as what Cerra is having this year.

Would be hoping he has a massive year in 2024 where he plays 20+ quality games. Perceived ceiling doesn’t mean much when you’re heading into your 7th season. Time for some output.
Cerra's best season is an average one affected by injury for LDU. You must be watching the wrong player. LDU would be far closer to the top 30 than Cerra.

Cerra's best season is an average one affected by injury for LDU. You must be watching the wrong player. LDU would be far closer to the top 30 than Cerra.

That’s where you’ve got it wrong. This isn’t average for him. Statistically this is LDU’s best season to date. Coming into his 7th season perhaps this is what he is as a player, elite for maybe a month per season and a good mid for the rest of it.

Back