Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many think the same of Goodes, Hodge etc. Simply it's jealousy

Ha! Along with Nick Riewoldt and Chris Judd, I cant think of two players from the past 15 years that I admire more. At times I'm not sure that I do the whole opposition supporter thing all that well.

IMO McCartney is limited to assistant and development coaching. He might improve and be a senior coach again one day, but he was found out pretty quickly when coaching on matchday.

All good, it's water under the bridge and he was influential on the development of some of our young kids.
I've always thought that he was the right coach for the time, but the wrong coach for the future. Kinda turned out that way.

Murphy doesn't fit the standard footballer archetype.

He's wiry, not conventionally good looking, when he speaks out there's actually some substance behind it, he thinks deeply about culture and how it correlates to chasing a ball around, he leads a small club that punches well above its weight and operates in an unconventional manner, and he's garnered more sympathy from the media than the typical injured player because they find him genuinely engaging.

It's therefore unsurprising that he would be described as a flog by the average footy fan.

They want guys who hit hard on the weekends, plug a charity now and then and give them a few laughs when on media street. Unchallenging, blokey, formulaic. Boring.

Murphy doesn't fit the standard footballer archetype.

He's wiry, not conventionally good looking, when he speaks out there's actually some substance behind it, he thinks deeply about culture and how it correlates to chasing a ball around, he leads a small club that punches well above its weight and operates in an unconventional manner, and he's garnered more sympathy from the media than the typical injured player because they find him genuinely engaging.

It's therefore unsurprising that he would be described as a flog by the average footy fan.

They want guys who hit hard on the weekends, plug a charity now and then and give them a few laughs when on media street. Unchallenging, blokey, formulaic. Boring.
I agree with the sentiments but disagree at the part where you say that, that's the average footy fan.

It's the minority and a very small percentage at that. It just gets amplified on the cesspool of hate that is the Bigfooty main board.

I agree with the sentiments but disagree at the part where you say that, that's the average footy fan.

It's the minority and a very small percentage at that. It just gets amplified on the cesspool of hate that is the Bigfooty main board.
Vocal minority, you're right. My post reads a touch condescending in hindsight.

Just frustrating how much reach that s**t has online, people genuinely buy into it.

For the schadenfreude lovers out there. Adam h has returned under a new alias.

Elfront, a wce supporter. Look for the grammatically poor and thinly veiled digs at the dogs.
lcxyE0D.gif

Just realised our premiership heros have saved me $100! Let me explain.

Foxtel Play finally have footy in HD (as long as you have a Telstra TV device) and no lock in contracts that you can turn on and off at will. Footy is $30/month, but you also have to have a base channel at $10/month - so really it is $40/month. This is my plan for footy viewing this year.

Anyway all but one of our first 10 games are free to air (cause yeah we are the reigning premiers mofos). Sooo...that means I don't have to activate my Foxtel Play until week 11, which saves me $100! Thank you premiership heros, thank you :rainbow:

I lost my membership card, anyone know how to get a new one?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... have people lost interest in our women's team? Bottom of the ladder, no thread last week :$

And when I said this would happen I was screamed down(again) and called sexist.

It's a sub standard product that will only ever garner a small following and most of them will have a vested interest. The AFL will push it and push it but it will never completely take off.

Lol the amount of absolute sooks I here that follow you to the main board and continue to have a sook is a great laugh.

But apparently I don't bother you????

Lol deadset lemmings everywhere

And when I said this would happen I was screamed down(again) and called sexist.

It's a sub standard product that will only ever garner a small following and most of them will have a vested interest. The AFL will push it and push it but it will never completely take off.
I watched one game last week and listened to two other games
on the radio, don't have Foxtel. I quite enjoyed the season and
love the passion the ladies have for the game and hearing their
stories in terms of their full time careers. I have watched the
Sunday AFLW footy show on nine and it has featured Adam
Treloar, Easton Wood and Nathan Jones in recent weeks and
it is quite good entertainment. Only time will tell if the concept
takes off, but footy is footy to me and good luck to the girls.

Who are the quickest players at our club? JJ and Lynch the obvious ones, but who else?
Quick of mind exceeds quick of foot, taking the right option
can make the ball movement seem quite ballistic at times.
Sam Mitchell is the perfect example of speed of mind and
taking the right option even though he is the tortoise to
quote a famous fable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back