Media Off-season Wrap-Up: Winners & Losers

Which team do you believe recruited best during the off-season?

• Baghdad Bombers

• Coney Island Warriors

• Dragons FFC

• East Side Hawks

• Fighting Furies

• Gold City Royals

• Gumbies FFC

• Las Vegas Bears

• Mount Buller Demons

• Ophidian Old Boys

• Roys FFC

• Sin City Swamprats

• West Coast Wonders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

W&LS37.png

Winners and Losers is back and better than ever. As the off-season draws to a close, teams are starting to submit their final season 37 squad lists. Here we take a look at all the in's and out's of the off-season to determine which team/s have come out of it the best.

Did your team recruit well during this off-season?

Gold City Royals
royals.png

First up is Gold City Royals. Having been on the lower end of performances on and off the field last season, Captain Cadsky and his LG have been searching for some sparks to try and re-ignite their team. Let’s see how they did…

IN’s:

Jhye Clark 13 (from East Side Phoenix)

Zevon (from Roys)

Footypie32 (returning)

Pedro (rookie)

OUT’s:

weltschmerz (retired)

McRobie (delisted)

RilesMacca (delisted)

Jhye Clark 13 has moved across from East Side Phoenix (now rebranded back to the Hawks) and has also been added to the Royals Leadership Group. Internally, Gold City must think highly of the youngster, having only been in the league for one season. We’ll see if he can live up to the hype.

Zevon is a massive get from the Roys and will be a great addition to the team. The S33 DEEstroy medallist has been at the Roys since his debut in season 31 and will give the Royals plenty to think about at the selection table. Zevon slots in right next to hotchilli as another Roy turned Royal in recent times.

One rookie is the bare minimum pass mark for gathering youth in your squad, but one good one is really all it takes to generate some eka buzz. Also nabbing a returning player is always nice.

The outs aren’t really noteworthy with one retirement and 2 delistings to cull some of the dead weight at the bottom end of their list.

Overall it has been a solid off-season from the Royals and they are shaping up to have a much better posting outfit this season than last season.

Final Grade: A-

Last edited:

Jhye Clark 13 has moved across from East Side Phoenix (now rebranded back to the Hawks) and has also been added to the Royals Leadership Group. Internally, Gold City must think highly of the youngster, having only been in the league for one season. We’ll see if he can live up to the hype.
All the best for what is definitely your second ever season, Jhye Clark 13.

View attachment 1891339

First up is Gold City Royals. Having been on the lower end of performances on and off the field last season, Captain Cadsky and his LG have been searching for some sparks to try and re-ignite their team. Let’s see how they did…

IN’s:

Jhye Clark 13 (from East Side Phoenix)

Zevon (from Roys)

Footypie32 (returning)

Pedro (rookie)

OUT’s:

weltschmerz (retired)

McRobie (delisted)

RilesMacca (delisted)

Zevon is a massive get from the Roys and will be a great addition to the team. The S33 DEEstroy medallist has been at the Roys since his debut in season 31 and will give the Royals plenty to think about at the selection table. Zevon slots in right next to hotchilli as another Roy turned Royal in recent times.

One rookie is the bare minimum pass mark for gathering youth in your squad, but one good one is really all it takes to generate some eka buzz. Also nabbing a returning player is always nice.

The outs aren’t really noteworthy with one retirement and 2 delistings to cull some of the dead weight at the bottom end of their list.

Overall it has been a solid off-season from the Royals and they are shaping up to have a much better posting outfit this season than last season.

Final Grade: A-
I'm not sure what to make of that but I'll finish by saying I'm an admirer of your work.

Keep punching Scotty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ophidian Old Boys
ophidian.png

Next up is Ophidian Old Boys. Having suffered through a turbulent season 36 filled with rule breaches and ending with the wooden spoon, captain Tigerturbulance and his LG have been hard at work this off-season to nab a bunch of names and generate some new interest in the club. Let's see how they did...
IN's:

Harvey Manfrenjensenden (from Swamprats)

thewizardmelon (from Phoenix)

DemurePrincess (from Phoenix)

King Tenz (from Dragons)

JuddgementDay (Rookie)

tigerland_1720 (Rookie)

myblueroan (Rookie)

OUT's:

Bonz (to Dragons)

The Cryptkeeper (to Furies)

FireKrakouer (Delisted)

Freddy Swift (Delisted)

captain blood 17 (Delisted)

Heisenberg_ (Delisted)

Harvey Manfrenjensenden has returned from his very short stay at the Swamprats, although he is no longer a Christian symbol of worship. Whether that affects his qooty skills or not remains to be seen.

thewizardmelon is arguably the biggest mover this off-season. He started his career at East Side and captained the Phoenix for many seasons, but seems to hate the Hawks name (basically making melon the opposite of Hate ) and has set sail for Ophidian. A huge get by Turbo and the Old Boys. We shall see if he fits in with this new team dynamic.

DemurePrincess and King Tenz both said ta-ta to their debut clubs and arrive at the Old Boys for their second season in the league. In my un-biased opinion I feel they've made a huge mistake doing this and have tarnished their careers forever. But I digress, they are both great recruitments (finishing 3rd and 4th in the EKA last season) and will add their weight to the match threads this season.

Not one, not two, but three rookies have been found this season for the Old Boys. Compared to last season's 5, that is 2 less and they should be punished as an expansion team for not properly fulfilling their 'expansion' part of process. But I'm not comparing teams in and outs to last seasons, so I guess 3 rookies is a good amount.

Bonz is a significant loss, as a founding member of the club and important player from their leadership group, it would pain any club to lose someone like this fuzzy furball. That adds to the list of founding LG members that have returned to their previous clubs (Callums_Guns , Mobbs and now Bonz ).

I didn't even know Ophidian had a The Cryptkeeper , but they don't anymore. So I guess they'll need to find someone else to keep their crypts safe. And finally, 4 delistings of dead weight to make way for the new arrivals.

Overall, the Old Boys have recruited extremely well this off-season and they should be happy that their club can stand on its two legs for a little while longer.

Final Grade: A

View attachment 1891800

Next up is Ophidian Old Boys. Having suffered through a turbulent season 36 filled with rule breaches and ending with the wooden spoon, captain Tigerturbulance and his LG have been hard at work this off-season to nab a bunch of names and generate some new interest in the club. Let's see how they did...
IN's:

King Tenz (from Dragons)

JuddgementDay (Rookie)

tigerland_1720 (Rookie)

myblueroan (Rookie)

OUT's:

Bonz (to Dragons)

FireKrakouer (Delisted)

Freddy Swift (Delisted)

Heisenberg_ (Delisted)

Harvey Manfrenjensenden has returned from his very short stay at the Swamprats, although he is no longer a Christian symbol of worship. Whether that affects his qooty skills or not remains to be seen.

thewizardmelon is arguably the biggest mover this off-season. He started his career at East Side and captained the Phoenix for many seasons, but seems to hate the Hawks name (basically making melon the opposite of Hate ) and has set sail for Ophidian. A huge get by Turbo and the Old Boys. We shall see if he fits in with this new team dynamic.

DemurePrincess and King Tenz both said ta-ta to their debut clubs and arrive at the Old Boys for their second season in the league. In my un-biased opinion I feel they've made a huge mistake doing this and have tarnished their careers forever. But I digress, they are both great recruitments (finishing 3rd and 4th in the EKA last season) and will add their weight to the match threads this season.

Not one, not two, but three rookies have been found this season for the Old Boys. Compared to last season's 5, that is 2 less and they should be punished as an expansion team for not properly fulfilling their 'expansion' part of process. But I'm not comparing teams in and outs to last seasons, so I guess 3 rookies is a good amount.

Bonz is a significant loss, as a founding member of the club and important player from their leadership group, it would pain any club to lose someone like this fuzzy furball. That adds to the list of founding LG members that have returned to their previous clubs (Callums_Guns , Mobbs and now Bonz ).

I didn't even know Ophidian had a The Cryptkeeper , but they don't anymore. So I guess they'll need to find someone else to keep their crypts safe. And finally, 4 delistings of dead weight to make way for the new arrivals.

Overall, the Old Boys have recruited extremely well this off-season and they should be happy that their club can stand on its two legs for a little while longer.

After 3 seasons the Ophidian Old Boys have a premiership, mobbs medal, Deestry Medal, 6 ALL-SFA selections and an EKA plus bringing in 16 rookies and you think we should "be punished as an expansion team for not properly fulfilling their 'expansion' part of process".

How about looking at the other 12 teams that have fallen well short of what we have achieved in just a few seasons.

200w.gif

After 3 seasons the Ophidian Old Boys have a premiership, mobbs medal, Deestry Medal, 6 ALL-SFA selections and an EKA plus bringing in 16 rookies and you think we should "be punished as an expansion team for not properly fulfilling their 'expansion' part of process".

How about looking at the other 12 teams that have fallen well short of what we have achieved in just a few seasons.

200w.gif
giphy.gif

After 3 seasons the Ophidian Old Boys have a premiership, mobbs medal, Deestry Medal, 6 ALL-SFA selections
None of these have anything to do with expansion
EKA plus bringing in 16 rookies
The EKA win was your wife who we all know you coached all season long to win it.

And of those 16 rookies, 8 of them have already been delisted by your team in the past few seasons. Batting an average of 50% for rookie retention isn't great for an expansion team.

Don't try and blame other established teams. Expansion is all about making sure the league is stable and capable of holding together more teams than it did before.

View attachment 1891800

IN's:

King Tenz (from Dragons)

JuddgementDay (Rookie)

tigerland_1720 (Rookie)

myblueroan (Rookie)

OUT's:

Bonz (to Dragons)

FireKrakouer (Delisted)

Freddy Swift (Delisted)

Heisenberg_ (Delisted)

Magic Johnson Lakers GIF by WNBA

The EKA win was your wife who we all know you coached all season long to win it.

And of those 16 rookies, 8 of them have already been delisted by your team in the past few seasons. Batting an average of 50% for rookie retention isn't great for an expansion team.

Don't try and blame other established teams. Expansion is all about making sure the league is stable and capable of holding together more teams than it did before.
There isn't a single sentence in that entire monologue that has even a sliver of truth to it.

An expansion team that manages to recruit strong active players that stay strong and active has EVERYTHING to do with successful expansion.

"We all know" Who is this we you speak for? Firstly if you have an opinion be a man and say I know, don't hide behind other's and pretend it's common knowledge. Secondly anyone who thinks Mrs Turbo a. Isn't posting on her own merits and b. Has been coached by Turbo is an idiot. There is Zero similarity in the way they post and it's quite disrespectful to someone that is a genuine and valuable contributor to the league.

50% retention for rookies is above average for any team in the league.
Expansion is all about making sure the league is stable and capable of holding together more teams than it did before.
Expansion is about providing more opportunities and more content and is not responsible for the stability of the league. Expansion is the PRODUCT of a stable league.

You really should put more thought into your posts. Maybe read them before you hit the post reply button? Or get someone to proof read them?

Back