Injury Official Injury Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Junior out for 6-8 weeks with a PCL strain.

I thought they were pushing him to hard. They should have given him a break a few weeks ago.

Better pLayer management needed.

Re: Junior out for 6-8 weeks with a PCL strain.

Rotten news, but we're getting used to it
David pushes himself hard..that's why we love him
One of our few players who goes in and gets the ball.
Big loss

Far freakin out!! - i thought Swallow would be out for one. this injury list is out of control.

I saw another thread saying 'Junior' was out and i assumed It was Gary Ablett Jr but it was referring to Swallow Jr.

This knee injury he got was done on the weekend. Saying it's because it's a 'lack of player management' is way off the mark.

He flew through training on Friday before the GWS game and was in good condition. If he was in any doubt, they would not have played him. It's happened before. But he recovered from the ankle and hip he got the weeks prior.

The knee has nothing to do with what he had. Was subbed out not long after getting it.

Wish people would stop saying it's because of this 'bad player management'. Simply not true.

In saying that, will definitely miss him. Key ingredient to our midfield. :( Hope he can recover well. He should come back raring to go after the bye. He'll be able to run the year out really well at least!

sigh.... we can't catch a break atm :( season goes from bad to worse.

This knee injury he got was done on the weekend. Saying it's because it's a 'lack of player management' is way off the mark.

He flew through training on Friday before the GWS game and was in good condition. If he was in any doubt, they would not have played him. It's happened before. But he recovered from the ankle and hip he got the weeks prior.

The knee has nothing to do with what he had. Was subbed out not long after getting it.

Wish people would stop saying it's because of this 'bad player management'. Simply not true.

In saying that, will definitely miss him. Key ingredient to our midfield. :( Hope he can recover well. He should come back raring to go after the bye. He'll be able to run the year out really well at least!
He looked like he needed a rest after the Freo game. I didn't see him train before the GWS match, but the fact they were playing him on the forward line suggested he was still a bit proppy.

He looked like he needed a rest after the Freo game. I didn't see him train before the GWS match, but the fact they were playing him on the forward line suggested he was still a bit proppy.

This is a very valid point. A kid who has played almost every single game in the midfield and has starred for us from day dot was pushed to the forward line.

Its perfectly reasonable conclusion that he should not have played. :(

If the PCL strain is unrelated to his 'proppyness' I don't see the connection. I just see bad luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope he plays well for you guys.

Thought he was really good, but playing a purely defensive forward role under Ross, just caused him to lose his instincts somewhat.

Thought he deserved a go in the midfield, and I really hope he does well at the Suns.

Good luck Mini :thumbsu:

Gorro must be so frustrated. I remember one of his pre-season goals was to not get injured this year after missing so much last year.

Did he even get to the start of the H&A season? Or was NAB round 4 his last? :/

He played in Round 1 but only got 1 kick.

Another one bites the dust.

Gorringe on the LTI list.

McQualter elevated. You just know he's going to play this week!
Even though he was never signed with the intent on playing Senior footy the Injury to Dan must have finally forced the coaching staffs hand.

I'll keep an eye on him though, How bad could he be?

Good luck to Mcqualter, really high draft pick with heaps of promise (still only 25 years old).. was actually one of my favourite players at the saints and has been best on I think 4 times in the NEAFL? Just need to see if he can make that transition from being a great reserves player to a decent AFL player

Not to make excuses or anything, but it's amazing how competitive we still are despite being without our major play makers. I was just watching some highlights, and the most exciting from us so far this year were created from players who are now injured.

Harbrow had to be ranking extremely well in the B&F before he went down with injury. Created so many plays off HB and was bobbing up around the attacking 50 to kick goals.

Bock up forward had some sensational shots at goal. Gave us the workrate of an older forward.

One of our young hard nuts in Swallow is now also gone. Again, helped in creating plays in the midfield.

Matera was able to pick out targets and hit them very, very well. Also has plenty of agility. Love his dart and weave.

Assuming we get no big injuries from here on out (praying for that), our back half of the season should hopefully be much more competitive than the first. Straight after the bye we get Harbrow and Swallow back, with Matera hopefully returning before then.

Quite exciting to think of how we'd go with these three injections + the recent introductions of Horse and Bull. ;)

Also seems to show we have plenty of depth.

Just got word from Mike Whiting. I asked him how far away we can expect Matera to be out for. He asked Bluey and said that Fish will probably spend a few weeks in the 2s before coming back into the senior squad.

Expect him back after the bye.

Kudos to Mike Whiting for ask for me. :D

Michael Whiting
@BigFootySUNS hi mate. Bluey indicated today Fish will spend a few weeks in twos. After the bye sounds about right

Lynch out for 2-4 weeks with a foot injury. Probably needed a spell anyway, looks exhausted after the first half usually. Really playing that CHF role is putting a toll on him. Hope he can get back for the bye!

Official list:

Nathan Bock – Leg – Season
Michael Coad – Thumb – 4-6 weeks
Charlie Dixon – Cheekbone – 2-4 weeks
Jacob Gillbee – Ankle - Test
Dan Gorringe – Achilles – Indefinite
Jarrod Harbrow – Fractured Elbow – 2-3 weeks
Jack Hutchins – Quad – Test
Tom Lynch - Foot - 2-4 weeks
Dion Prestia – Hamstring Tightness – Test
David Swallow – Knee – 4-6 weeks
Seb Tape – Rested – Available