Official Trade Period Discussion 2012 Thread (#3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic ... now call Bucks and tell him the same thing! QUICK!
Reported on twitter that Carlton have left Etihad and will not be involved in any trades.

#Phew!

I think all parties are satisfied all round.

Warnock's 3 yr contract gives me nightmares, especially when cap space is now a valuable commodity with Free Agency in play.

Not to mention our cap is being managed very tight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good get for the Lions. Martin was/ is worth much more than that.

Post as a delisted FA seems likely

Whaaaaaat? But you had info that we were trading for Post. Karnezis for Post right?

Look forward to seeing what 'info' you have next year.

Are St Kilda officials delusional? WC saying Brown was never close to being traded.

Obviously as St Kilda you are going to say it was close to being done just for the supporters sake. Otherwise you spend 2 weeks wasting your time on something that was never going to happen when you could have spent it trying to get a different key defender.

Obviously as St Kilda you are going to say it was close to being done just for the supporters sake. Otherwise you spend 2 weeks wasting your time on something that was never going to happen when you could have spent it trying to get a different key defender.
Can't wait for JK to give Raph or Gwilta towelling next year.

I'm a little disappointed at our trading, we had 3 big needs coming into this.

1. Key defender
2. Ruckman
3. Young key forward (mind you we didn't need this urgently, just over the next year or so)

We've covered two of these bases, but did so in losing both picks 12 and 13 (we did gain a few along the way though, and are left with 26 and 27 as our first two). I'd be a lot less disappointed if we managed to fill our biggest hole in a key back.

There's nothing that says a player like Hickey won't be just as good as pick 13. The difference is we've seen him at AFL level before and he is already part of the way along in development. I don't mind the strategy, but we really badly needed a key back.

Sherman quits Bulldogs, will nominate for PSD. Any takers...
"Mutual parting", actually :p.

I would say Brendan McCartney told him he isn't in our plans. He's not a fan of players like Sherman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back